Baldur's Gate 3 by Larian Games

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
Looks like this patch nerfed tavern brawler throw damage
good. I wonder how they're going to strike a balance between really interesting itemization and being able to stack a bunch of horseshit onto spells like Eldritch Blast.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>

Looks like there's no option for legendary actions for bosses, which seems like an oversight.

6ca6ea81436a3ce286fd4787b1cf3fe700c91a6c.jpg

Cybsled

If Reddit posts are to be believed, if you do a Heroic run and then die and continue the game, it converts to a custom mode. I am also hearing mixed info on Tactician having the legendary feats on bosses - I loaded up an old save and changed the difficulty, but the boss deleted my party before using anything new.

The epilogue is kind of neat. All the main party characters (and Volo) show up. You get letters from some side characters as well, although not everyone (which was sort of disappointing). It seemed to hint maybe future adventures, so who knows if they will do a DLC or maybe they're just thinking a BG4 with some characters carrying over (like Minsc and Jahira carried over). If they did that, then I suspect Shadowheart and Asterion would probably be the most likely since they seem to be the most popular with fans of the game overall.

k^M

Blackwing Lair Raider
So far, playing in heroic everything has increased HP (to be expected), haven't come across any actual 'boss' fights yet but theres another fucking owlbear in the cave. Had always wondered "Thats odd, mom & cub, wheres the dad?", had Astarion up on a ledge and soon as she raged another one pops up behind him. Made me chuckle.

Game basically saves every time you enter combat so no save scumming your way around the results, and if you try to quit it saves it then and there. Not sure if you can exit the game completely or not to bypass things but seems fun so far.

Haven't really ever played through with any of the actual characters as my main, so trying out Astarion I laughed a lot as when you first land on the beach and fight the 2 brains, if you bite one Shadowheart goes "Oh god you're a vampire?!"

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

velk

Trakanon Raider
good. I wonder how they're going to strike a balance between really interesting itemization and being able to stack a bunch of horseshit onto spells like Eldritch Blast.

There's seems to have been boatloads of nerfs they didn't list in the patch notes that apply in Honor mode, like changing haste back to the 5E version, not letting warlock/paladin extra attack stack, removing damage rider bonuses from almost everything etc.

• 1Like

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
There's seems to have been boatloads of nerfs they didn't list in the patch notes that apply in Honor mode, like changing haste back to the 5E version, not letting warlock/paladin extra attack stack, removing damage rider bonuses from almost everything etc.
That's a good balance of having a legitimate hard mode without all the metabuild OP bullshit while also letting players in easier modes have fun breaking the game.

• 2Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users

k^M

Blackwing Lair Raider
Finished up the underdark and returning pike barb is still strong, hitting for 20-30 with a str pot if you have any kind of elevation.

Seems they patched it so you can no longer kill karlach, get wyll's robe and then revive her though :(

Cybsled

They got rid of that, but they did make the knock out Minthara in act 1, save the Grove, and then recruit her in act 2 more official

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Punko

Macho Ma'am
<Rickshaw Potatoes>
Running with monk, laezael, gale and astarion.

Giving all characters longstride is huge, its a low effort buff and along with the natural bonus and some monk skill and crusher's ring, my gith monk has 18 base movement speed.

Looting everything and sending it to camp has given me enough gold for 30 elexirs of HG strength (vendor inventory resets on long rest).

Enjoying it a lot.

The guidance necklace (silver pendant) is a must have, lets you skip cleric in group. The aid clicky is nice also.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Running with monk, laezael, gale and astarion.

Giving all characters longstride is huge, its a low effort buff and along with the natural bonus and some monk skill and crusher's ring, my gith monk has 18 base movement speed.

Looting everything and sending it to camp has given me enough gold for 30 elexirs of HG strength (vendor inventory resets on long rest).

Enjoying it a lot.

The guidance necklace (silver pendant) is a must have, lets you skip cleric in group. The aid clicky is nice also.
yeah longstride and any movement is so OP in this game. I am excited to start back up my 2nd playthrough.

• 1Like

k^M

Blackwing Lair Raider
Don't even need to send it to camp really, if you leave the vendors alive you can effectively get all the gold you want. Another fun tip (if you didn't know), leveling up a char also resets all the vendors. I sit on level 3, 4, 5 and 6 and do each one at a time in front of the bitch in the druids grove (or back at her tree house) to pickup 15 per round + all her hp pots/invis, still left A1 with 7-8k gold banked.

19 dex by level 4 + advantage on slight of hand means you can pretty much sell all your shit, pick pocket the armor back and then sell that too to bottom out any vendor you need. Just don't try stealing gold itself, that shit seems rigged.

• 1Like

k^M

Blackwing Lair Raider
They amped up gold costs so even going into lights hope in a2 with 8-9k, the 2 items I needed were either a 17+ pick pocket or 4k a piece. I'm tempted to just murder the blacksmith and hope he drops the shit I want.

Hag now spawns additional adds based on spell tiers you use against her, so level 5 lolmissiles just spawns a bunch more copies if you hit her. Kind of hilarious to accidentally discover. She also attacks you in her tree house all the way if you pick a fight there, instead of invis ~> escape.

Gith dude who is set to kill you after you return from the prism is actually hard as balls now. His new passive summons 1 30hp flying sword that resists everything any time he or one of the other adds gets hit twice a round, along with legendary resist. Then extra AC mind melding with everyone in round 2 if you don't kill him in round 1.

Nere has an annoying ranged aoe thorns centered on whoever attacks him.

Forge mech is god awful AC wise, and run speed is effectively doubled so you can't just bait him into the hammer. That said, lava doesn't seem to go away so if you park some ranged up on the cliff you can still just whittle it down as long as periodically someone baits him into lava now and then.

Shadowlands mobs... no real change, still as shitty to fight as before.

Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE

This one fixes the plague of potato faces for the most part

Dont include the localization files for now because of the patch

• 1Like

Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE
Great works are being done to remove all the androgyny and blasted wokeness right now. Hopefully get it all packaged up and presented as "The Real Baldurs Gate 3 Release"

image.png

To me it was extremely obvious this game was designed and intended to be as abrasive as possible to normal human beings.

Wonder how much they'll crack down on mods that remove all this garbage.... Reddit is already the usual call to arms...

• 2Like
  • 1Tiresome
  • 1Picard
Reactions: 3 users

k^M

Blackwing Lair Raider
It's usually the sites that host them that delete them isn't it? NexusMods for example, I seem to remember it being on the woke train and disallowing anything in Hogwarts Legacy that changed the tranny into a woman.

• 1Like

Goonsquad Officer
They removed mods in I think Spiderman that removed tyranny flags and made them American flags

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

This one fixes the plague of potato faces for the most part

Dont include the localization files for now because of the patch
We also host this mod too, and the author responds to feedback here, dunno if they do at moddb too:

The most up to date version is in this post tho I believe: No Alphabets 2.2 — Baldur's Gate 3 - RPGHQ , I'll poke the poster and get them to make a separate thread for it.

Can't recommend using moddb tho, they removed Grounded Commonwealth despite finding nothing offensive in it but went through the author's off-site social media accounts looking for wrongthink:
tC3Jj8yFtA3r.jpeg

• 2Rustled
  • 1Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 3 users