Baldur's Gate 3 by Larian Games

k^M

Blackwing Lair Raider
A mod that changes 1 characters gender is labeled anti-lgbt, when it does nothing about the other rampant sexcapades in the game? Even after patching, Lez(bian) will scissor your female chars at the drop of a sword, Gale & Astarian will bang whatever moves (or probably doesn't move) too.

People are dumb

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
Looking back on it I think my main gripe will be the same gripe I had with other Larian games. The warped sense of scale in the maps. You don't really feel like you're galivanting around the realm.

• 5Like
Reactions: 4 users

Burns

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Purple hairs at Wizards of the Coast got the chop:

2023-12-16 12.51.14 www.gamedeveloper.com 3afc8f24aa11.png

2023-12-16 12.50.51 www.pcgamer.com a9d7e7b5664d.png

https://www.gamedeveloper.com/business/hasbro-to-lay-off-1-100-employees-through-2024
https://www.pcgamer.com/theres-almo...ly-worked-with-is-gone-due-to-hasbro-layoffs/

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE
They expected way more sales and enough people said no with their wallets after hearing about the degeneracy

No doubt this thing succeeded in getting done but also went way over budget

Aaaaand there's the fallout

• 3Like
  • 1Picard

Burns

They expected way more sales and enough people said no with their wallets after hearing about the degeneracy

No doubt this thing succeeded in getting done but also went way over budget

Aaaaand there's the fallout
This probably fit better in the general gaming thread and, after reading it again, I can see how the second headline could be a bit confusing. I posted it here, since Sven (Larian CEO) was the one who said that the liaison team (at Hasbro/Wizards) which his company worked with was gutted, but the success of BG3 has nothing to do with Wizards of the Coasts shitty decisions.

BG3 has been wildly successful and made a ton of money for Larian; way more than they expected, or needed it too.

Last edited:
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE
So now we all hate wizards of the coast for a massive sudden "parking lot firing", right? :)

Burns

So now we all hate wizards of the coast for a massive sudden "parking lot firing", right? :)
I'm sure the Kotaku types will blame Hasbro, since Wizards of the Coast is purportedly full of a bunch of far left faggots.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Seananigans

Honorary Shit-PhD
<Gold Donor>
I can't say I'm surprised that a liaison team for production of a game got laid off after the game was produced.

The rest of the 1100 employees might very well be do-nothing DEI faggots like every other large corporation out there is cutting.

• 4Like

Rangoth

Blackwing Lair Raider
On the topic of nvidia shield, I have one and absolutely love it. Would never buy a gaming pc again. Some tidbits though:

• I don’t play online fps type games where lag is murder, so can’t comment. But for normal games I have zero lag
  • i sometimes use a control, but because I’m old and a pleb I do actually plug in a keyboard and mouse for many games. Both work fine
  • i did have some trouble with older specialized titles and for those games yea it’s basically unplayable. But it’s been 2 games out of my entire collection

• 3Barf
  • 1Like

Goonsquad Officer
Nah, I hated them for fagging up dnd, then trying to microtransact with dnd next. I don't care how many ideologues they massacre now.

• 5Like
Reactions: 4 users

Zefah

<Gold Donor>
Finally finished it! 88 hours and 24 minutes according to GOG.

Really an incredible production and accomplishment, but so many parts of it bothered me that overall I'm a bit sour on the experience and glad that it's over now. Probably a 7/10 for me, but I could see this really being the game of the generation if the characters, writing, and story resonated with you.

• 1Like
  • 1WTF
Reactions: 1 users

ShakyJake

<Donor>
Are there any build sites that include suggested gear for them? I'm swamped in items and try to pick the best, but I know I have something buried in my chest that's probably better suited. Not patient enough to sift through it all.

Urlithani

Vyemm Raider
Looking back on it I think my main gripe will be the same gripe I had with other Larian games. The warped sense of scale in the maps. You don't really feel like you're galivanting around the realm.
BG3 got me loving the Forgotten Realms again. Playing BG 1 and 2 again, spending spare time flipping through 2e/3e source books. Latter half 14th century DR Faerun was a great time for D&D.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user