Baldur's Gate 3 by Larian Games

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
Eh, I'm a little cautious of the game now after their little "reveal". The game sounds like 90% of it will take place within the city and they even admitted that's where the vast majority of their development time went. I'm glad they went all out on making Baldur's Gate amazing but I'm just a little worried that this is going to be a city simulator.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Del

Vyemm Raider
Listening must not be your strong suit. Nowhere in the video did they say the vast majority of their development time went into the city, only that they put 3-4x more effort into it than they originally planned. We already have an Act 1 in early access that is 30+ hours long that isn't even in the city.

You should be more worried that you cream your shorts over mediocre arpg's made by SJW dev teams than you should be that this game will be a "city simulator".

• 8Worf
  • 2Like
Reactions: 9 users

Arden

Blackwing Lair Raider
On my third playthough of the pre-release. Wow, the city of Baldur's Gate looks fucking fantastic. Can't wait for the full version to drop.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
Eh, I'm a little cautious of the game now after their little "reveal". The game sounds like 90% of it will take place within the city and they even admitted that's where the vast majority of their development time went. I'm glad they went all out on making Baldur's Gate amazing but I'm just a little worried that this is going to be a city simulator.
They didn’t say that or even hint at that. Wtf are you talking about?

Anyways. I didn’t really have any interest in this as Larian is kind of goofy and I don’t think a goofy Baldurs Gate sounds all that appealing. However, that city looks fantastic and having it be the ‘destination’ of the game sounds pretty cool. I may check this out if the reviews are good and it’s not too ‘Lariany’.

Last edited:

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
They didn’t say that or even hint at that. Wtf are you talking about?
Did you not watch their event at the PC gaming show? It sounds to me like the vast majority of this game is going to take place "in the town". Which would be par for the course for Larian, considering that's where a good portion of Divinity: Original Sin took place.

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
Did you not watch their event at the PC gaming show? It sounds to me like the vast majority of this game is going to take place "in the town". Which would be par for the course for Larian, considering that's where a good portion of Divinity: Original Sin took place.

Yes, then again when you made your statement, then again just now from your link to make sure I watched the correct one you were commenting on.

They didn’t say anything about the majority of their dev time was spent on the city nor does it sound like 90% of the game takes place there. To me it sounded like the majority of the game takes place before it, and all your decisions before you get there culminate in the state of the city once you arrive. But even that is me jumping to my own conclusion as they didn’t state where the majority of anything is really.

Burns

Golden Baronet of the Realm
It's not really my thing, but if anyone is into a slow roll community "mystery" choose-your-own-adventure, Larian is doing a decision a day, voted on by the community. Currently on the 4th day, and you can see day by day choice by clicking the circles at the bottom of the screen:

Randin

Trakanon Raider
They've also confirmed half-orcs and dragonborn as the remaining two races, monk as the last class, all the subclasses (all PHB subclasses, and all two-subclass classes are getting a third one from the supplements), and confirmation of most of the party members, both Origin characters and regular companions.

• 2Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users

Burns

592f6b168b32bd501460cb5562a534762a8298fe.png

977e3c65238bbb0efb7a0917af2d0e9495699515.png

• 15Like
  • 3Mother of God
Reactions: 17 users

Szeth

Trakanon Raider
I’m gonna go swords bard or war cleric I think. Planning to do duo it with a friend so we’ll each be our own character and each control one story npc.

elidib

Vyemm Raider
would be kinda cool to do a totally evil playthrough first with something like:

Great Old One Warlock
Necromancy Wizard
Trickery Cleric
Assassin Rogue/Gloom Stalker Ranger/Shadow Monk

Hatorade

A nice asshole.
Assuming this follows the table top.

Great Old One Warlock will be top tier.
Tempest Cleric is always a good option.
Moon druid will of course be nearly invincible.

If playing solo a lore bard will allow you to win all non combat stuff.

Palum

what Suineg set it to
I realized I was interested in playing this game. EIGHT YEARS AGO. Yawn.

• 1Slow
  • 1Pathetic
  • 1Faggotry
Reactions: 2 users

Burns

Oh, the update also had a couple more pieces of news:

Level cap is 12. It seems like a rather long game to only get to 12, meh:
2023-06-29 22.30.54 store.steampowered.com c09d72729642.png

Total of 10 companions, 6 of which are playable as infected origin characters (slight spoilers with names of the 4 non playable companions):
2023-06-29 22.31.43 store.steampowered.com c135a0d80fcb.png

• 1WTF
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users