Baldur's Gate 3 by Larian Games

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
Vulkan is very very verbose. If you follow the basic tutorial it is a LOT of code and a lot of steps before you are even drawing a single triangle. It is much less "managed" than directx, and quite a lot of things are doable on secondary threads. For DX11 everything must be done on the main thread.

If rendering stuff is written with good lock free atomics and is well thought out how to use lots of cpu cores, it should be crazy good performance. However most are just using it lazily as a way to get things to run on linux/crapple, and if you are lazy with it, it will run worse than DX11.
Ok, nerd.

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

Drinsic

privileged excrementlord
My original plan was to do the underdark path for act 2, but the way you guys are talking about this legendary mace from the monastery, it sounds the mountain pass is the way to go first, and check out the underdark later.

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
Act 1 Zhentarim:
Why can you do the quests in the front but the dudes in the back attack on sight?

Dr.Retarded

<Silver Donator>
Act 1 Zhentarim:
Why can you do the quests in the front but the dudes in the back attack on sight?
I think it's because they're guarding the store room or something. I just murdered everyone there. Did you get other quests from the Chinese lady? I figured I needed to turn in that shipment, but I was going to save it. She was pestering me for the box and I didn't want to give it over.

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
I think it's because they're guarding the store room or something. I just murdered everyone there. Did you get other quests from the Chinese lady? I figured I needed to turn in that shipment, but I was going to save it. She was pestering me for the box and I didn't want to give it over.

Yeah I retrieved the chest and the dude's there didn't die. They gave me the password and I just waltzed inside. I hadn't opened it yet so I gave it over and she gave me another questchain to find her again in Baldur's Gate. There was another quest in there with the fence where I released his artist prisoner for some gold and the guy fucked off and said to find him at some Countess' estate in Baldur's Gate.

• 1Like

Dr.Retarded

<Silver Donator>

Yeah I retrieved the chest and the dude's there didn't die. They gave me the password and I just waltzed inside. I hadn't opened it yet so I gave it over and she gave me another questchain to find her again in Baldur's Gate. There was another quest in there with the fence where I released his artist prisoner for some gold and the guy fucked off and said to find him at some Countess' estate in Baldur's Gate.
Yeah, I freed the artist through talking, and he ran off. I just wanted to save the chest to give it to the wizard that wanted it. Plus I don't like Zhentarim. Was just wondering what other side missions you could get out of it.

Also, I killed the delivery guys, but he did give the password, but for some reason, I didn't even get the option to use it, but waltzed in through some other shit, don't remember though.

Burns

Golden Baronet of the Realm

From what I remember of the very early EA I did, it was like you described; I could talk to the people at the front, but the people in the back were KOS. This run, no one was KOS when I talked my way into the front of the cave. This was after me opening the chest, and letting the two guards die (they are fucking tarted and get murdered in short order on tactical), on the early part of the quest.

Did you disarm any traps or open any locked doors? Because they don't like when you do that.

mkopec

<Gold Donor>

She attacked me because I opened the "shipment" so I slaughtered the whole place. Freed to artist as well.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
From what I remember of the very early EA I did, it was like you described; I could talk to the people at the front, but the people in the back were KOS. This run, no one was KOS when I talked my way into the front of the cave. This was after me opening the chest, and letting the two guards die (they are fucking tarted and get murdered in short order on tactical), on the early part of the quest.

Did you disarm any traps or open any locked doors? Because they don't like when you do that.
No because I could still go back to the front without issues. Even with everyone in the back being dead. I never touched any traps because the Chinese lady disarmed them for me when I came inside.

Burns

No because I could still go back to the front without issues. Even with everyone in the back being dead. I never touched any traps because the Chinese lady disarmed them for me when I came inside.
There must be some flag somewhere that affects it then, I guess. Unless it's just some weird bug with it. The people in the back didn't seem important, so prolly wont matter, as long as the main people are still friendly...probably!

Nola

Trakanon Raider
They changed how you first meet Raphael. Back in EA it was always in your camp when you went to sleep but now it’s random. I was walking in the Grove and he just suddenly popped up. Another game I was in the wilderness and he showed up.

• 1Like

cyrusreij

Trakanon Raider
They changed how you first meet Raphael. Back in EA it was always in your camp when you went to sleep but now it’s random. I was walking in the Grove and he just suddenly popped up. Another game I was in the wilderness and he showed up.
I met him at the top of that big hill outside the Grove.

Burns

Anyone use the hireling Maddala Deadeye (Asian looking woman)? While sitting in camp, mine ends up dead every day and I have to keep using a rez scroll on her when I long rest...

I keep wondering if this is due to me "killing" Asterion, but I just made it to Baldur's Gate and no other hints have happened, other than this one hireling dying over and over.

Edit: Figured it out. Was due to using that follower to cast Warding Bond on the whole party, which causes a cleric to take damage, when the party members with the buff take damage.

Last edited:

Dr.Retarded

<Silver Donator>
Was about to jump across the bridge by the blighted village and he popped up.

Droigan

Trakanon Raider
My original plan was to do the underdark path for act 2, but the way you guys are talking about this legendary mace from the monastery, it sounds the mountain pass is the way to go first, and check out the underdark later.

There is a lot of underdark area in act 1. There is an elevator far in, and when you click on it, you get a message warning that using it will progress the story. That leads to act 2.

However, in the mountain pass, you get the same message, but it isn't "act 2", there is a path in the mountain pass which leads to
shadowlands
that is act 2. But you can complete all of mountain pass and still not get the act 1 achievement.

I started act 2, then heard that mountain pass was basically act 1.5, so reloaded before going up elevator and did mountain pass, then went back to elevator in underdark (did not use the exit on mountain pass). I can confirm that everything I did in in act 2 before mountain pass and when I reloaded and did it again was the same, so doing mountain pass didn't start any timers or change anything. Going there lets you resolve quests, lots of story + awesome mace, so I'd recommend doing it before moving on to act 2.

I had done all quests I could, including underdark before I went to the mountain pass. Since you get the warning message when entering I guess it could change some things in act 1 if you go there before doing everything.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
I just want to say that it is very very rare that I play anything and in the first Act already know I will immediately be playing a second run through before I touch any other game.

• 9Like
  • 3Solidarity
  • 1Weird Boner
Reactions: 12 users