Baldur's Gate 3 by Larian Games

Droigan

Trakanon Raider
They patched it again now, so no need to use the rollback method. Edit: and can confirm old saves work again

• 5Like
Reactions: 4 users

Burns

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Inventory clutter finally got the better of me and I went looking for mod solutions. This bag mod seemed like the best I could find. Just tested it and it looks to be in working order. The only weird thing that happened is when I put the Book of Thay in a book bag, I couldn't remove it from the bag, so I reloaded then kept that book in my main bag just in case.

Gives you a lot of bags and can pick which ones you want to use. Like for Gale's inventory, I tossed the arrow and bomb bag (plus a few others) in a random barrel, since he wont use either.

Also found a QoL mod that makes summons easier to keep around in town (NPCs dont run away from them and bug out):

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Talos

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Its going to take me forever to finish this game. I now have two runs going in parallel. One dark urge and one not. I am just having such a good time doing shit and approaching things from different angles. I still have yet to get out of Act 1.
I just got to the goblin camp last night, and I'm only on a single run with my half orc bard. This is one of those games to play slow and savor.

• 4Like
  • 1Truth!
Reactions: 4 users

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
Chestmancy.
Chestmancer

1692299689239.jpeg

• 2Like
  • 2Worf
  • 2Mother of God
Reactions: 6 users

Cynical

Canuckistani Terrorist
Picked this up, haven't played one of these type of games in ages, think DA 1? DA didn't really grab my interest like BG1 & NWN games did back in the day, hearing good stuff about this everywhere.

Sure didn't have this shit in NWN lol

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
I had to kill Lazael after she tried to kill Shadowheart. Thats the 2nd party member i had to kill already including Wyl.
Wtf did you do? Am I the only one with high Cha rolling speech checks D20’s like a boss?

I talked some demon into killing his followers and himself lol

Last edited:
  • 1Solidarity

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
Wtf did you do? Am I the only one with high Cha rolling speech checks D20’s like a boss?

I talked some demon into killing his followers and himself lol

It gets even better in act3 when he ditches Raphael to fight for you. You even get to summon him in the final fights

Cybsled

I ran across a funny easter egg in act 3. There is a dude with a turned over cart of cabbages. If you're a monk and talk to him, he says he recognizes your type and they've done enough damage to his cabbage business in the past

edit: screenshot lol

1692327459639.png

Last edited:
  • 4Worf
  • 3Like
Reactions: 6 users

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
I ran across a funny easter egg in act 3. There is a dude with a turned over cart of cabbages. If you're a monk and talk to him, he says he recognizes your type and they've done enough damage to his cabbage business in the past

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

faille

Molten Core Raider
it seems the chest of mundane objects bugs out when you enter act 3, so be sure to empty it beforehand.

Quite enjoying the game so far but really don't get all the hype. It's very good but on par with the pathfinder games imo. In a lot of ways I prefer them. The UI for this constantly feels clunky and way too much time is spent fiddling around to do stuff that should be simple and fast. obvious example being sell all junk.

• 1Like
  • 1Picard
Reactions: 1 users

Srathor

Blackwing Lair Raider
It is more the detail and branching options. It honestly has as many or more options than most pen and paper games. Which is astounding. (Exceptional GM's of course can do more)

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
it seems the chest of mundane objects bugs out when you enter act 3, so be sure to empty it beforehand.

Quite enjoying the game so far but really don't get all the hype. It's very good but on par with the pathfinder games imo. In a lot of ways I prefer them. The UI for this constantly feels clunky and way too much time is spent fiddling around to do stuff that should be simple and fast. obvious example being sell all junk.
Pathfinder is cool, bot no where near this shit in terms of world, story, writing, humor, branching, impactful decisions they throw at you that actually have outcomes? I mean come on. etc..etc...This is truly one of the best open world DnD games ever made. A game of this caliber only comes around a few times in our short life times. Sell all junk? thats your beef?

• 2Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users

faille

Molten Core Raider
Pathfinder is cool, bot no where near this shit in terms of world, story, writing, humor, branching, impactful decisions they throw at you that actually have outcomes? I mean come on. etc..etc...This is truly one of the best open world DnD games ever made. A game of this caliber only comes around a few times in our short life times. Sell all junk? thats your beef?
yeah, I'm not really seeing that. Certainly not to the degree that everyone is splooging over.
I don't even see it as open world. It have very specific areas that are linked together. Nothing like Skyrim or any other great open world game.
Sell all junk is just one of many small beefs. adding and removing party members, having to right click to lockpick and disarm and stuff. minor minor stuff, but things that shouldn't be obtuse to do.

I'm not saying this is a bad game. It's very very good. But after my run through I'm more likely to go back and play pathfinder than run through this again. More realistically, I'll be sinking my teeth into starfield.

• 1Like

Springbok

Karen
<Gold Donor>
yeah, I'm not really seeing that. Certainly not to the degree that everyone is splooging over.
I don't even see it as open world. It have very specific areas that are linked together. Nothing like Skyrim or any other great open world game.
Sell all junk is just one of many small beefs. adding and removing party members, having to right click to lockpick and disarm and stuff. minor minor stuff, but things that shouldn't be obtuse to do.

I'm not saying this is a bad game. It's very very good. But after my run through I'm more likely to go back and play pathfinder than run through this again. More realistically, I'll be sinking my teeth into starfield.
Yeah I really enjoyed BG3, but after finishing it I assumed I'd be ready for another play through almost immediately, but have no desire (largely due to my issues with the final ACT and ending specifically). I'll be interested to see the discourse around this game as more people start finishing it.

Through 2 ACT's, I was easily thinking this was GOTY but now I'm just anxious to dive into Starfield and have no desire to play this again. Great game though, and easily worth it's box price (and time, think I've got 80 hours in BG3).

Brikker

Trump's Staff
I've barely put 3 hours into the game but I've already rerolled. Wasn't feeling the half orc Barbarian so I'm trying a halfling ranger with an eye on doing the gloomstalker / assassin build.

I've been trying to get into this on the Steam deck but I'm not loving it with the meh graphics, small screen, and controls...

Jozu

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Lazael confronts Shadowheart at night during camp, and you are forced to defend Shadowheart or side with Lazael. If you defend Shadowheart you enter into battle against Lazael. What is fucked up is I went to rest at camp because the battle before was a tough one and Lazael had 2 health. Well when she flipped out and entered into battle against me, she only had 2 health and I blew on her and she died lol.

• 1Worf