Baldur's Gate 3 by Larian Games

Dr.Retarded

<Silver Donator>
God dammit, I'm fairly far into the end of Act 2 and my main character can't fucking talk to anyone including my party. Apparently this bug has been in since early release. I've tried all the "fixes" I've seen on the net other than reloading a few hours before it fucking happened.

Anyone have this happen to them and fix it?

Yeah, going back 3 hours fixes it. As someone with limited play time this angers me greatly.
That hasn't happened to me, but Wyll has an exclamation mark, and when you talk to him, there's nothing important. Wonder if they're somehow related. I've noticed a few times where dialogue options or openings have reset with NPCs for some reason, even though I'm progressing the game.

Hoping the talk to me mark goes away if I continue on his character story. Until then I'm constantly checking it to see if there is indeed something important. Just annoying.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Jackie Treehorn

<Gold Donor>
That hasn't happened to me, but Wyll has an exclamation mark, and when you talk to him, there's nothing important. Wonder if they're somehow related. I've noticed a few times where dialogue options or openings have reset with NPCs for some reason, even though I'm progressing the game.

Hoping the talk to me mark goes away if I continue on his character story. Until then I'm constantly checking it to see if there is indeed something important. Just annoying.
I had the same bug with Wyll for a long time. Eventually went away.

• 1Like

Dr.Retarded

<Silver Donator>
I had the same bug with Wyll for a long time. Eventually went away.
Yeah he's the only one it's happened to.

Finished the gauntlet of shar last night, and got Shadowheart to not become a justiciar. It popped up with a 30 DC, and I was like fuck. Had a few inspirational banked and said I'll give it a shot, rolled a 20 on my second roll, now I'm gonna convert her, to what I don't know. Guess I just didn't care for the whole embrace oblivion approach with the Shar. Figure my dark urge playthrough I'll let her stay evil.

Ragosh

Molten Core Raider
In my playthrough, I had max approval by her when I did the Gauntlet. I decided to "keep silent" when we reached "the Nightsong".
She actually refused to kill her on her own. I had the option to persuade her to make the kill.

Great game. Your choices matter all throughout the game, not just in key moments.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
In my playthrough, I had max approval by her when I did the Gauntlet. I decided to "keep silent" when we reached "the Nightsong".
She actually refused to kill her on her own. I had the option to persuade her to make the kill.

Great game. Your choices matter all throughout the game, not just in key moments.
I had high approval with her at that point and thank god I did a save jsut before that. I had 3 outcomes. One, she was insistant she kill nightsong and we got into a fight where I killed her. Second, she outright killed nightsong and all sorts of shit went down. (act 2 town lost its protection), and 3rd I had to high roll to convince her not to kill nighsong. 3rd option was the one I chose.

Goonsquad Officer
yea i was pretty impressed by the "boss fight in act 2" a ton of...i guess investigating throughout the zone and quirky choices all piled up to effect that last fight in an interesting way.

i got the dude to kill himself, skipping a phase. i guess all the notes and lore about his daughter, in the first fight i was liek "Redeem yourself" every chance i got. and then when i got to the fight i was liek "bro, last chance to redeem yourself" and he fell into the pit on purpose, skipping fighting 'him'. i just had to fight offbrand nito and some trash.

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
So waht happens with nightsong and the end of act 2 boss if she is killed by shadowherat? Does she still show up for the fight? I know shes like a demigod or whatever and cannot be killed so....

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Act 2 was fun. I tried that redemption thing on him and he just laughed about "redemption being too late" and then immediately went into wanting my corpse, when he found out we had the prism.

Also reviving the Aylin lady(nightsong) in that last stage felt so pointless. She would go up to Mykrul, get knocked either down on his platform and thus couldn't revive herself or knocked off platform and then revive herself, just to do it over and over. I think the only time she did damage was the initial attack after releasing her. Dunno maybe just having her up made her a target instead of my guys. Even then laizel was tanking the gaze every round. I think I wasted 3 spell splots before realizing there was a bonechill aura around him.

Just getting into act 3 now. the guardian being a mindflayer was weird and then trying to convince me to turn into one.

Just starting act 3 and at about 90 hours in.

Dr.Retarded

<Silver Donator>
I had high approval with her at that point and thank god I did a save jsut before that. I had 3 outcomes. One, she was insistant she kill nightsong and we got into a fight where I killed her. Second, she outright killed nightsong and all sorts of shit went down. (act 2 town lost its protection), and 3rd I had to high roll to convince her not to kill nighsong. 3rd option was the one I chose.
Yeah, that's what I lucked out doing.

Fight

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
The solution to all of my difficult fights so far have basically been to cast 'Hunger of Hadar' in some make-shift choke point area then send my Warlock to the very back edge of the fight to ensure the channeling concentration does not get disrupted. Even if the enemies Dash, Jump, or Teleport through it, you can push them right back in with Eldritch/Repelling Blast.

There are plenty of ways to cheese the game, but the AI's response to channeled AoE type spells just seems consistently bad.

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
The solution to all of my difficult fights so far have basically been to cast 'Hunger of Hadar' in some make-shift choke point area then send my Warlock to the very back edge of the fight to ensure the channeling concentration does not get disrupted. Even if the enemies Dash, Jump, or Teleport through it, you can push them right back in with Eldritch/Repelling Blast.

There are plenty of ways to cheese the game, but the AI's response to channeled AoE type spells just seems consistently bad.
Not really my experience. AI tries to avoid aoe shit like that. they will either try to dash out of it or move around it just like you would. even shit like cleric spirit guardians, they will try to just get out of range of it. every time.

Daezuel

Potato del Grande
I wish I had known how useless some spells that used to be amazing like Stoneskin are now. Everything changing to be a concentration spell that you can only hold one at a time might be better for balance but it's definitely throwing me off.

• 1Solidarity

Goonsquad Officer
I wish I had known how useless some spells that used to be amazing like Stoneskin are now. Everything changing to be a concentration spell that you can only hold one at a time might be better for balance but it's definitely throwing me off.
5th edition is a real piss in the cheerios for a lot of things.

• 1Like

goishen

Macho Ma'am
My main group, that I played 90% of my gaming time with, was the stoner/metalhead group. Other than me banging one of their ex's, we had almost zero drama amongst us. The theater/drama peeps were a whole other story. It seemed like every month there was some weird drama shit going on amongst them. I stopped hanging out with most of them after they got busted having an orgy at a larp event.

i-want-to-go-young-billie-wesker.gif

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Im sure there are some blind spots somewhere that arent modeled, or lack a background - but I really would love a first person view mod. That little part of Kharzette's video looked so much better.

Cybsled

Did you find and give her the moon orchid before that point? I think that is key because it ties in with her memory. When Nightsong mentioned the wolves and Shadowheart is like “wtf u say???”. Then if you trust her and just let her do what she is going to do, she throws away the spear and demands that Nightsong tell her all she knows later. Didn’t have to roll any DC

Dr.Retarded

<Silver Donator>
Im sure there are some blind spots somewhere that arent modeled, or lack a background - but I really would love a first person view mod. That little part of Kharzette's video looked so much better.
There's a mod for a first person WASD movement like dragon age. I'm trying using the NativeMods camera tweaks so I can pivot the camera up. Made exploring the gauntlet last night so much better. Haven't done the other mod, but it's supposed to work great in conjunction with the camera tweaks deal.

• 1Like