Baldur's Gate 3 by Larian Games

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
Yeah I played WL 3 and it was good, lots of battles and minimal story shit. I mean all these games will have stories in them, Its just that IMO owlcat takes this shit to extremes. But I guess some people really like that shit too. So who am I to judge. At least BG3 was almost 100% fully voice acted which adds a semblance of being in an actual story. reading reams of text on the screen just does not hit the same way.

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
Wartales has good turn based combat and minimal story. It’s a different genre though, it’s like battle brothers but not as RNG/difficult. Low fantasy, less skills to contend with.

Bubbles

2022 Asshat Award Winner
<Bronze Donator>
just a little heads up. Don't fuck with mods that changes the body pak files unless you plan to use the mod for the entire playthru. Messing with body vertexes may fuck up textures for armor. Not just for your character but for most npcs in the game. I spent all day yesterday salvaging a save. Removing the mod, all it's files, clearing shader cache, clean installing the game didn't help. Save doesn't load without the mod that has fucked up the save. Reinstalling the mod (same version as in the save) will eventually load the save but half the armor textures are gone. You'll actually only see the base. Grey polygons and white vertexes. Also sometimes half the npc bodies is gone. after about 7 hours I finally managed to load an older quicksave where the mod had not corrupted the savefile and safely removed the mod and load the save without it. But hours of playtime lost.

Rhanyn

Blackwing Lair Raider
That’s why I stopped playing for now for this and Cyberpunk, let the major updates finish so mods can solidify and I’m not restarting 8 times when the next update breaks whatever I’ve got installed.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Synj

Dystopian Dreamer
<Gold Donor>
acting jon lovitz GIF

There are lots of jobs where I think, "I could do/could have done that"; Acting is one of those artistic skills that when someone does it really well, when they really disappear into the role (not DeNiro's version of whatever, which can still be compelling and great, mind you) I am amazingly impressed. The folks who disappear inside those roles, I could never do that.

They worked together on these movies for years and I am sure they remain great friends to this day; why does that imply teh ghey to some folks? Not that there is anything wrong with that.
Goddamn I have such a different take on acting than you.

Actors are children that are capable of pretending that they are someone of value and importance.

The majority are narcissist, know-nothing fucks that were willing to sell their buttholes for fame and money and sadly we pay grown ups to make believe on camera.

Honestly, the more I think about it the more cringe I think it is.

• 3Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 3 users

rhinohelix

<Gold Donor>

Actors are children that are capable of pretending that they are someone of value and importance.

The majority are narcissist, know-nothing fucks that were willing to sell their buttholes for fame and money and sadly we pay grown ups to make believe on camera.

We are talking about two different things; I am talking about the art of acting, the ability to inhabit a character and elicit from the audience, either in person or on film, an emotional response. It seems like its easy because we see so much of it but if you have ever tried it, to do it convincingly, have ever seen it done authentically, its amazingly hard and when its done well, its without a doubt in its truest form, sincere art.

You are talking about the people, and if you have ever known many artists, good ones, bad ones, mediocre ones, whatever the medium, whether its painting or sculpture or music or photography or in this case acting, because of the nature of actors many are vain narcissists who would sell their buttholes for money (the two guys I know well enough to call friends who have acted professionally weren't this bad but one of them went through a period where he was fairly vain for a number of years as a teenager before he pulled out of it; one never was at all.). Much of what we see on TV or movies is commercialized/commoditized and very much a business but at the root for many of these people, they get into the business in pursuit of and in service to, Art.

We pay grown ups to make believe on camera because we enjoy the things they take part in creating. There are lots of garbage things made but I can't imagine my life without Star Wars (A New Hope and the rest of the OT for yoots) LOTR, the Matrix, Arnold Movies, Rocky, Eddie Murphy, Star Trek and a million things in between. We need Adult Pretenders for those things, and our lives are made richer for every vapid narcissist who enjoys having everyone look at him on screen and the art they inadvertently and intentionally help create.

• 1Picard
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Talos

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Synj is attempting the nihilist trick. Breaking something down to its parts and then declaring it meaningless or not worth attention.

Big brain stuff.

Synj

Dystopian Dreamer
<Gold Donor>
Synj is attempting the nihilist trick. Breaking something down to its parts and then declaring it meaningless or not worth attention.

Big brain stuff.
1704345083704.gif

I hope the irony of me using a movie clip isn’t lost on you.

• 4Worf

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
Maybe its because straight white males are the majority playing this game. Hmm?

• 5Like
  • 1Truth!
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 6 users

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
“Was very surprised”

Seems like they’re out of touch with reality.

• 4Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 4 users

Chimney

Trakanon Raider
Ya they should just check all the games where people pick default human, show helm, show cloak to see how little most char about races or customization.

though i play exclusively female cause controlling dudes is gay.

• 4Faggotry
  • 1Worf
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 5 users

Fadaar

That guy
Ya they should just check all the games where people pick default human, show helm, show cloak to see how little most char about races or customization.

though i play exclusively female cause controlling dudes is gay.

Some games you see your face a lot like BG3, Mass Effect, then others you never see it like Cyberpunk. Still gonna spend way too much time making a character either way!

• 2Like

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
To date my dragonborne in BG3 is my favorite looking character of all time.

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity

Borzak

Bronze Baron of the Realm
I pick race and cycle through random appearanes till one looks "ok" and that's it. I don't spend a lot of game time looking at my character and right click a lot of the scenes to get through them quicker.

• 3Like
  • 1Worf

pysek

It Didn't Happen, It Should've, and It Will.
<Gold Donor>

Wasn't it the Romans who treated actors, lawyers, politicians, and all other 'professional liars' as about the lowest dregs of society? The Greeks? Somebody a lot wiser than us, anyway.

• 7Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 7 users

Borzak

Bronze Baron of the Realm
Since the update my game is a total mess. I have never isntalled any mods. When I launch the game I get a large warning on the launcher that the save may have been tampered with or corrupted. Play at your own risk. Verify files on steam and no issues. Go through their list of possible "fixes" linked on the launcher and I don't even have the files they mention that record altered files for mods and such. Get a warning when I load the launcher that takes up the entire launcher. Then as the game loads before you click "load" a save you get another warning you must click through.

So I go back in saves 2 months trying to get one that doesn't have that issue. Finally I find one. Get in game and my characters are invisible. You can click to move and the circle shows and the camera moves when they walk but you can't see them or anyone else. Was originally concerned if I kept playing that patch something might happen in the future to bug out. A mess. I sent support an email, we'll see. From reading reddit apparently a lot of quest stuff you had accumlated disappeared before the turn in and you have to figure out when/where it was and when it disappeared. Guessing they are busy, or should be.

• 2Like
  • 1Mother of God
  • 1Worf

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
Since the update my game is a total mess. I have never isntalled any mods. When I launch the game I get a large warning on the launcher that the save may have been tampered with or corrupted. Play at your own risk. Verify files on steam and no issues. Go through their list of possible "fixes" linked on the launcher and I don't even have the files they mention that record altered files for mods and such. Get a warning when I load the launcher that takes up the entire launcher. Then as the game loads before you click "load" a save you get another warning you must click through.

So I go back in saves 2 months trying to get one that doesn't have that issue. Finally I find one. Get in game and my characters are invisible. You can click to move and the circle shows and the camera moves when they walk but you can't see them or anyone else. Was originally concerned if I kept playing that patch something might happen in the future to bug out. A mess. I sent support an email, we'll see. From reading reddit apparently a lot of quest stuff you had accumlated disappeared before the turn in and you have to figure out when/where it was and when it disappeared. Guessing they are busy, or should be.
Invisible? Good thing you don’t care about character appearances.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user