Baldur's Gate 3 by Larian Games

Borzak

Bronze Baron of the Realm
If you have a potion of feather fall and it's the right chasm you can actually float down there into the underdark and loot it, assuming it's that spider boss in the first act.

Yeah it was, I didn't need the loot. I was just racking up some exp and the Dark Amathyst. It's an easy and quick kill but the camera inside is not the best.

Speaking of falling it's really crazy you can jump from the house in emerald grove, go up the stairs and a cliff and almost land almost where Karlach is without dying to get the smugglers ring off the skeleton. No feather fall needed. Odd.

Burns

Golden Baronet of the Realm
If you have a potion of feather fall and it's the right chasm you can actually float down there into the underdark and loot it, assuming it's that spider boss in the first act.
Better yet, you can use Glut spores on the spider to make it your pet and go around stomping the Underdark with a boss for fun.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Borzak

If you want a reality check watch a video of those speed runs on youtube of someone finishing an honor mode run in less than 30 minutes with 2 companions. Jump jump jump is what 90% of it looked like.

Borzak

Never mind got it. Took a month off and when I went back to that party was pretty lost on what I was supposed to be doing. Finished act 2.

Last edited:

Burns

Golden Baronet of the Realm
I'm lost as can be. I wandered around and looked at some videos and nothing I'm encountering is anything like what I find.

I got the e gems in the gauntlet of shar from the trials . Defeated Yurgir for the last gem. Then it was just wander around with no clue what to do with them. Finally found the ancient thing to put them in. Followed the map to find the relic. Opened the stone door and then entered the water at the shadowfall entrace. I get a short cut scene with Batthazar and he says follow me. I'm on a rock and the only place I can jump is to one that barely holds my party and then jump back. That's it. Lost. I lost this whole quest line some time ago. Nothing was difficult but I took time off and came back and no clue what I'm supposed to be doing. I get a pop up nightsong prison and then he's gone, poof and I have nowhere to go.
I've killed old Balthazar about midway through the dudgeon, the times I've done it, but it sounds like you are at the end of it. There should be a pool of water and a new quick travel point. If so, you should have the zone icon to go into the pool of water. Hold down tab (or CTRL, I forgot which) should highlight it. Going into the pool puts you on rails till the end of the chapter.

Otherwise take a screenshot of where you are, because I cant think of any place that Balthazar would come talk to you, after the first time you meet him.

Phazael

Confirmed Beta Shitlord, Fat Bastard
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Unrelated. Anyone do a pure caster as their main? I have thought about it but then it turns into meh pretty quick thinking about it.
One of my easiest plays was running a pure evocation wizard with one level of Storm Sorcerer. One cast of the Art of War per combat, Ice Storm, Magic Missile Pew Pew, and assloads of lightning ended up being really strong. This especially true as a human wizard (shield proficiency) as you can stack something ludicrous like 9 DC to spell save, which even bosses have a tough time dealing with (Raphael + Hold Monster = easy win). The gear is there to do one really solid wizard.

But realistically, a Storm Sorc Storm Priest with the ignore DR for lightning perk can spam Call Lightning the entire game and faceroll their way through it on the highest difficulty, all while wearing decent armor. I have been finding that a Druid using the same tactics is the ultimate in utility (take one level of Sorc to add Magic Missile into the mix) with the option of going owlbear or displacer beast for utility in certain fights. The caster options are pretty good in this game because, much like the monk class and Lockadins, there are piles of good gear available to build to it. Quite honestly, I think having one strong pure caster type is almost mandatory for higher difficulty levels due to the mechanics of some of the larger fights later in the game. Basically, a couple Lockadins and a Doomstalker (or Monk) chewing up the hall trash and then having your caster go full burn for bosses is one of the strongest ways to set yourself up in the game. You just will need some respecs as gear changes and early workhorse spells (like Sleep and Thunderwave) start taking a back seat.

Borzak

I'm working on respecing Gale now so I'll see how it goes.

It's probably well known but I stumble around and rarely look up stuff. The chair in act 2 that you sit to remove the tadpole then breaksdown gives you a -2 constitution buff that is permanent. I just realised it. Putting in a tadpole on that character removes it, any tadpole.

Borzak

Did investigate the toys and fireworks quest. Is there anything more to it than just killing everyone in the fireworks shop? I did that, went back to the donation barn and the dwarf that is supposed to be a vendor just says what are you doing here? Looking it up lot of people say it's buggy.

Fun fight tho, one rogue, couple of smoke powder bombs and one smokeposder arrow = kabooom. Rogue even lived with 5 hp. I closed the door to the bottom floor thinking that would isolate them, nope blew the door open from the 3rd floor.

Greyman

Trakanon Raider
Been ignoring this game due to all the controversy about sodomy being pushed constantly by NPCs.

Heard rumors about mods that let you enjoy the game without wanting to throw every second NPC you encounter into a wood chipper.

Is that still a thing you can get?

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler
Been ignoring this game due to all the controversy about sodomy being pushed constantly by NPCs.

Heard rumors about mods that let you enjoy the game without wanting to throw every second NPC you encounter into a wood chipper.

I played the game this month and I don't know how much has been changed from release but there's absolutely no issue with characters wanting to rape you all the time. In my playthrough, it was easy to avoid any of that. There was usually like one point where it was clear if you wanted something more you could go for it but otherwise you would say we're friends and that would be it.

I should note I did play as Astarion as my main character so no idea how he comes off if he's just a party member.

Borzak

You can skip through all that shit and never notice it. It's abundantlly clear in talking to a companion they are headed that way. Just hit leave and end the converstion or pick change subject. I only talk to companions when i have to regarding major quest lines and such. It's all easily avoided. If you really don't like them you have multiple options. Leave them in camp and they won't be part of your party, never recruit them to come to camp when you meet them. Or kill them at any time. In the world or in camp. Of course other party members may not like it much. I stabbed one without much spoilers. Nobody really cared. I don't have any mods.

Last edited:
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE

They have mods in that sub forum for "no romance" too. Great group of pals there.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Borzak

Going in blind is nice, sometimes. It can have it's disadvantages however. I got into the vault and didn't have enough lockpick tools and didn't have someone with the knock spell. Only realised it when I got far enough in I coulnd't port out. Good thing for saves lol. Literally stuck couldn't go forward or backwards. If you go in blind and just wander around you can go through a lot of lockpicks. Also next time I would close the door of the sundries as I instantly got aggro when I went in. That was okay but you get random people walking by that would add over time. At one time the entire screen was full but luckily got out of it. Was kind of fun actually.

Talking about avoiding romance I thought I was doing a good job. The emperor hit me up. He's on my kill list now, eventually. I finally got pickpocketing going my way. The circus was nice for it.

Noticed there's a guy with no quest and only says one line if you try to talk to him at the Dancing Axe. Just stands by the counter. He sounds just like Jack Nicholson.

Last edited:
  • 1Solidarity

Borzak

The ultimate noob mistake.

Going in blind I clicked on the orb Gale gets from Elminster, good thing I was on tactician and not honor mode. Instant game over, do not pass go, loading screen lol. Now I know

• 2Worf

meStevo

I think your wife's a bigfoot gus.
<Silver Donator>
Act 3 sure is a chore. It's like every building in the city was given to a team and they spent 2+ months building it out into a dungeon or event.

I haven't finished the game yet, have a duo and a 4-player run that are both around 80 hours each at this point and getting toward the end of Act 3 (slowly running out of journal entries).

Since I'm in both groups and they unevenly experience the content I tend to just to sit back and enjoy them making the decisions, been a fun ride but Act 3 has turned into kinda a slog.

Fadaar

That guy
The ultimate noob mistake.

Going in blind I clicked on the orb Gale gets from Elminster, good thing I was on tactician and not honor mode. Instant game over, do not pass go, loading screen lol. Now I know

or

telling Vlaakith to go fuck herself

• 1Worf

reavor

I'm With HER ♀
<Bronze Donator>
Act 3 sure is a chore. It's like every building in the city was given to a team and they spent 2+ months building it out into a dungeon or event.

I haven't finished the game yet, have a duo and a 4-player run that are both around 80 hours each at this point and getting toward the end of Act 3 (slowly running out of journal entries).

Since I'm in both groups and they unevenly experience the content I tend to just to sit back and enjoy them making the decisions, been a fun ride but Act 3 has turned into kinda a slog.

Also kinda bad design that you easily reach lvl 12 before even a third through act 3. Much less incentive to keep questing. Sure there are still some nice equipment to grab but most items are kinda meh overall.

Borzak

There does seem to be a disconnect when you reach act 3. Previous parts of the game you were doing a quest to advance or uncover the story. Like someone told a story that didn't really make much sense when they were done nd then said "oh yeah that part I left out" to tie it all together. Go all over to get here then everything you need to tie it all together through multiple quest lines is within a few blocks of each other. All of them.

Last edited:

Borzak

Accidently killed yolo in act 3 and he can't be rezzed. Hope he wasn't that important. Didn't even see him till everyone was died and he was laying there.