Baldur's Gate 3 by Larian Games

Borzak

Bronze Baron of the Realm
Kill a few companions along the way you really don't have to worry about it.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Serwol

Vyemm Raider
Githyanki were weird fish people between the Asylum and Underdark in BG2? I always slaughtered them.

I believe the fish you are thinking of are the sahaguine, though githyanki do show up just prior to that.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
I believe the fish you are thinking of are the sahaguine, though githyanki do show up just prior to that.
IMG_3266.jpeg

• 3Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 3 users

reavor

I'm With HER ♀
<Bronze Donator>
Sahuagin are the salt-water fish people, kuo-toa the fresh-water fish people, god don't you people know anything.

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Chris

Potato del Grande
Holy shit, started Act 3 and this is deeper than I ever imaged.

I want to kill all of these fucking assholes. So far I've just looted Gortash's bedroom.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Cybsled

The best part of act 3 is talking to the cabbage seller if you’re a monk lol

• 2Like

Chris

Potato del Grande
If I kill murder lady, does Gortash appear in his apartments? He's in the audience chamber at the moment.

My ambition is to have Karlach throw him off the castle walls.

• 2Like

Cybsled

Depends

1) If you try to go to underwater prison, Gortash makes you an enemy
2) If you kill murder lady without making a deal, I think Gortash makes you an enemy too?
3) if you make a Gortash deal and follow through, Karlach abandons you

He eventually ends up in his apartment in all the enemy situations

Razzes

Trakanon Raider
Am i the only one who thought it was a big waste that you get max level a third into act 3 which has a ton of content? Doing all the cool side quests of act 3 just isnt as fun when your build is finished and there is no xp to gain.

• 2Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 2 users

Bald Brah

Bronze Knight of the Realm
He's actually pretty easy to snipe in the throne room if you use improved invisibility and pass without trace. Couple levels in ranger, fighter for action surge, and some swords bard for multi shots.

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
Am i the only one who thought it was a big waste that you get max level a third into act 3 which has a ton of content? Doing all the cool side quests of act 3 just isnt as fun when your build is finished and there is no xp to gain.
Modern solutions

• 1Like

Bald Brah

I think they might have initially planned for more levels in act 3 but probably ran into game balance issues.

Chris

Potato del Grande
Depends

1) If you try to go to underwater prison, Gortash makes you an enemy
2) If you kill murder lady without making a deal, I think Gortash makes you an enemy too?
3) if you make a Gortash deal and follow through, Karlach abandons you

He eventually ends up in his apartment in all the enemy situations
Thanks, spoke to Orin in the sewers and he has moved to his apartments now. Spawned a bunch more allies though!

Shmoopy

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Sucks Larian is done with this. An epic expansion with a level 20 cap like BG2's Throne of Bhaal would solidify it as best RPG ever.

• 1Solidarity

ShakyJake

<Donor>
I recently began a playthrough in Tactician mode, choosing a duergar barbarian as my character. While attempting the "Steal the Sacred Idol" quest at the druid's grove, I managed to get the idol but was caught red-handed. Faced with confrontation, I chose the dialogue option: "IT'S MINE. PISS OFF!" Surprisingly, the druids just shrugged it off with an "oh, okay...." I found it absolutely hilarious, especially given the significance of what I had just stolen from them.

The ALL CAPS dialogue options for barbarians are absolutely hilarious.

• 1Like

Voyce

Shit Lord Supreme
<Donor>
every single one of those characters makes me cringe
When I get a chance, I’n starting another Durge playthrough and the hardest decision I have so far is who should I sacrifice to BOOAL….there’s sooooo many choices but I can only choose one

Bald Brah

I recently began a playthrough in Tactician mode, choosing a duergar barbarian as my character. While attempting the "Steal the Sacred Idol" quest at the druid's grove, I managed to get the idol but was caught red-handed. Faced with confrontation, I chose the dialogue option: "IT'S MINE. PISS OFF!" Surprisingly, the druids just shrugged it off with an "oh, okay...." I found it absolutely hilarious, especially given the significance of what I had just stolen from them.

The ALL CAPS dialogue options for barbarians are absolutely hilarious.
Lol I had to kill all those fuckers. It was a pretty tough fight too. All for that little bastard Mol. For some reason Halsin didn't care.

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider

Yep, that and its the act where a lot of the really good loot is. So you get it all, finally getting the awesome stuff and then you're done.

Why its a real shame they are not doing any expansions.

I am doing a playthrough right now, before I am EQ TLP hell/heaven. I am level 8 almost 9 in act 2, and I still have shar dungeon to do and entire moonrise towers. Going to get a mod that just extends levels, so I can get some progression in act 3.

Chris

Potato del Grande
Just hit lv11 in Act 3, just done Viconia and Cazador by luring them out of their boss arenas onto their long entry stairs and putting a fire wall down it, then nuking them as a fire Sorceror.

Respecced Karlach to the throw build and it's hilarious chucking the exploding spear at everything.

Decided to take Asterion to Cazador after not using him all game. Did the Chaotic Good thing to stop the ritual and he fucking left my party! Reloaded and let him do the ritual, damn those cutscenes are crazy. Decided to dose him up on the tadpoles I intentionally wasn't using, he needs to die before all this is over so he doesn't take over the world. Respecced him Monk.

• 1Like