Baldur's Gate nwn2 remake - Nearing Release

shabushabu

Molten Core Raider
This mod has released and I am playing now and balur's gate never looked so good. Remember this is a player made mod so if you try it SAVE OFTEN. In particular, save before every NPC that you speak to ( especially the main quest related ones ).

I am nearing the final fight in BG. However i played with a party of 6, it feels like it would be more balanced at 4-5 ( likely 4 ) so i steamrolled some areas and skipped a ton of content to focus on main quest.

Some media:

Launch Trailer:

facebook
https://www.facebook.com/BaldursGateReloaded

Mod install link :

http://neverwinter2.nexusmods.com/mods/794//?

Other mods I have installed and working:
I will add mods here as i figure out what i have installed.

- Autobuffing ( MUST HAVE ) -http://nwvault.ign.com/View.php?view....Detail&id=403

-better faces/heads ( MUST HAVE ) - Characters in original nwn2 are horrid looking. These clean things up nicely:

http://neverwinter2.nexusmods.com/mods/199//?

-TBD

Arden

Blackwing Lair Raider
Hello all.

I have been following this mod very closely and they are about 4 weeks out from a full release. Thought i would include the link for those that are interested and want to track it !

http://social.bioware.com/forum/1/to...dex/3120312/45
Any media links, esp vids? I tried google but only found a few screen shots

Edit: also curious where the best place to get the complete nwn2 is?

And- Has anyone messed around with the content/modding stuff with nwn2? I bought nwn2 when it first came out, very excited to build my own campaign but was really disappointed in the bugs and limitations I ran into. I worked a ton with the nwn1 content creator (the solstice tool I think it was called) but I found that nwn2 wasn't near as good as the original. Did this change with expansions or no?

Troll_sl

shitlord
So the guy is currently uploading this over at Nexus (at work, or I'd provide a link). Apparently it's 3.5gb. So we should be able to play it fairly soon.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
I don't really get the appeal of remaking BG1 on a game that's still like 7years old. I mean, it's less old sure, but is there a point? Why not just play the original with the bug fixes patches and resolution fixes and whatever else there is?

Azrayne

Irenicus did nothing wrong
I'd like the idea if they were using a better engine, but I could never go further than 30 min or so into NWN2 because the graphics were so terrible and the gameplay/UI so clunky.

shabushabu

Molten Core Raider
I don't really get the appeal of remaking BG1 on a game that's still like 7years old. I mean, it's less old sure, but is there a point? Why not just play the original with the bug fixes patches and resolution fixes and whatever else there is?
Its in 3d and the nwn2 engine with mods is a damn good looking game ( yes even by today's standards ). its not 2d sprites.. Further, its based on 3.5 whereas the original was based on 2.

I am playing through IceWind Dale mod now and it is awesome.

shabushabu

Molten Core Raider
I have been playing this lately and its quite a bit of fun... here is a little graphic comparison. The area is Dryad's Falls -Dryad Falls baldurs gate

Dryad Falls Original map:

rrr_img_43128.jpg

Video of in game original Dryad Falls

Now my screenshot of Dryad Fall's

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
Really surprised and impressed they ported all of it. How buggy is it, how hard is it to install and how far are you in it?

shabushabu

Molten Core Raider
Really surprised and impressed they ported all of it. How buggy is it, how hard is it to install and how far are you in it?
I don't go looking for bugs but occasionally i see some strangeness around NPC scripts ( best to save before dialogue )..

I also run a ton of mods and they all work with it.. character mods, textures, etc etc etc.. Installation is easy just copy a bunch of files to a folder in your installation ( you may want to start with a clean one but i did not ). Biggest issue is downloading the couple gigs of stuff.

Otherwise its solid graphically and its nwn2 engine so you have 3.5 rules. Also, early on its pretty rough difficulty wise ( i am playing bard ) as most things can one shot you ... typical D&D 3.5 thing however... once you get to level 2-3 and get some friends its much easier. Honestly, i am having a blast seeing these areas I remember from the original... its great.

Balance can be challenging compared to today's games of course... you will have very tough mobs in zones where you don't expect them, have to return when stronger... that kind of thing.

Traps are in and working although seemingly a little sparse... but I dont remember the original exactly just feels not so trappy.

Currently playing party of 6 and its a bit overpowered i would say 4-5 is likely more balanced. ( i turned off AI for 2 of my chars and using as mules/buffs so i fight with 4 ). I finished the nashkel mines and working toward the bandit stuff... screwing around on side quests party is:

Bard
Cleric
war
rogue
src
Druid

Druid + rogue are mules currently.

Hatorade

A nice asshole.
Runs smooth so far, going to look into mods as well. Also there is like 50 or so class choices, took forever to pick one and plan what pres. class to pick. Went fighter because I remember low HP in BG is a no go, likely just make a super broken monkey Grip beast and solo the game heh.

shabushabu

Molten Core Raider
Runs smooth so far, going to look into mods as well. Also there is like 50 or so class choices, took forever to pick one and plan what pres. class to pick. Went fighter because I remember low HP in BG is a no go, likely just make a super broken monkey Grip beast and solo the game heh.
The prestige class pack mod they included ( kaedrins ) is why i keep coming back to nwn2 and playing... just so many class choices. My bard will be bardcher ( bard, arcane archer type ).

In other adventures I have played a CC wiz with backstab / rogue levels - "Arcane Trickster" basically you have sneak attack with spells and CC.. so you hold em all and one shot backstab em ... great fun
wink.png