Baldur's Gate nwn2 remake - Nearing Release

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
Could you edit the OP with a list of mods you recommend?

And be sure to update the thread with your progress through BG. I'm still pretty wary of playing it until I see people beating the game.

Joeboo

Molten Core Raider
I'm kinda with Tuco here. The graphics look awesome, but I don't want to find out 150 hours into it that there is some game-breaking bug that will never get patched. BG is a massive time investment, I want to know that it is done correctly.

Hatorade

A nice asshole.
6 hours in, the 3D engine doesn't really work. Can't quite explain it but it just isn't BG.

shabushabu

Molten Core Raider
I am almost finished with chapter 4. Have to say it is really getting good now ( chapter 3+ ) but early I was not that into it other than nostalgia... I also recently played BG:EE through chapter 4 so I am really enjoying seeing the areas in 3d that i just saw in 2d.

Jait

Molten Core Raider
Infinity Engine. Did it have any bad games?

We forget just how fucking awesome the UI/Engine was in most of those games. Digressing slightly....I was as big an Ultima fan as anyone, but the Dungeon Siege remakes fucking sucked due only to the 3d engine. They weren't meant to be played that way.

Joeboo

Molten Core Raider
Anyone have a torrent link or anything for this mod? The Neverwinter Nexus site download is FUBAR at the moment, I get an error no matter what download server I choose "No file exists for this ID.", and can't download any of the 6 parts to the file.

Joeboo

Molten Core Raider
Lol wow, I never played NWN2, but boy does it run like a hunk of shit. I can run Crysis 3 on max settings at 1920x1200, but this game runs like a slideshow and its like 6+ years old isn't it? Its pretty much unplayable. Oddly enough, the game is reporting that I'm getting like 150+ FPS, but its choppy as all hell.

edit - found a fix for the jittering

http://nwvault.ign.com/View.php?view....Detail&id=231

Kreugen

Vyemm Raider
Constantly having to fiddle with the camera drove me crazy in NWN2. Having 3 equally awkward control modes wasn't exactly an ideal solution.

These games would be 100x better if they used a fixed camera. I'd rather play the original BG just for that reason.

Joeboo

Molten Core Raider
I have to agree Kreugen, I tried playing this for a couple hours, but just couldn't do it. Every time I entered a building...cameras in the wall. Every time I walk near a building...cameras in the wall, every time I leave a building and go outside...cameras in the wall.

I'm spending just as much time adjusting the camera as I am moving my characters. Blech.

badlok

N00b
Constantly having to fiddle with the camera drove me crazy in NWN2. Having 3 equally awkward control modes wasn't exactly an ideal solution.

These games would be 100x better if they used a fixed camera. I'd rather play the original BG just for that reason.
I wanted to reinstall

NW and when i read your post i just remember why i never like that game!

shabushabu

Molten Core Raider
I have to agree Kreugen, I tried playing this for a couple hours, but just couldn't do it. Every time I entered a building...cameras in the wall. Every time I walk near a building...cameras in the wall, every time I leave a building and go outside...cameras in the wall.

I'm spending just as much time adjusting the camera as I am moving my characters. Blech.
The camera takes a bit of getting used to and here is how i found i can tolerate it. 1. Use character mode for outdoors 2. In dungeons switch between explore mode and character mode. ( more explore mode but depends on area ). 3. and always use click to move, without that its really annoying.

( exploration and strategy mode ceilings off, character mode ceilings on )

shabushabu

Molten Core Raider
I updated the OP with my progress and will do so when i finish up.. been going well but i wish i played with 4 and not 6 chars i was steamrolling stuff.