Bandwagon's Drones Thread

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Hey guys. 11 year old got a little drone for his birthday, and now is really into it, but he keeps complaining about its 5 minute battery life. Yea, it's a $20 Walmart job, but now that we know he's into them I want to invest in a better drone.

I could Google "Best beginner drones" but I was hoping you guys might have a suggestion, or maybe a used marketplace or something if that exists? Thank you!

Bandwagon

Kolohe
<Silver Donator>
I'd recommend a DJI mavic air or mavic mini or something. Other people with kids might have better suggestions though. I just think the $500 DJI drones are great. Unless you think there's a high chance they're going to crash it

Crone

I'd recommend a DJI mavic air or mavic mini or something. Other people with kids might have better suggestions though. I just think the $500 DJI drones are great. Unless you think there's a high chance they're going to crash it
Just googled "best beginner drones for kids" and Mavic came up for best budget drone. So I think you're onto something!

Went with this one. 22 minute battery life per battery, reviews said it could take a crash, and only $50. Gotta take it slow. :)

Code:
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0B633N44L

Last edited:
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Kajiimagi

<Gold Donor>
Just googled "best beginner drones for kids" and Mavic came up for best budget drone. So I think you're onto something!

Went with this one. 22 minute battery life per battery, reviews said it could take a crash, and only $50. Gotta take it slow. :)

Code:
wow didn't realize they were so cheap , I might get another one myself

Bandwagon

Kolohe
<Silver Donator>

Code:
$50? That Amazon link isn't the one I was talking about. Your DJI link is.

Yea not a bad idea to let them fly cheap stuff for a bit first.

Crone

$50? That Amazon link isn't the one I was talking about. Your DJI link is.

Yea not a bad idea to let them fly cheap stuff for a bit first.
Yea sorry, the DJI link is the one listed as best budget drone, and then when looking at it on Amazon the other one linked was said "What people actually bought", and was linked.

BrutulTM

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun.
<Silver Donator>

Drones that can autonomously locate power lines and land on them to recharge themselves making basically infinite range possible as long as there are power lines around.

The combination of this and the armed drones being used in Ukraine is kind of terrifying. I could get into a pissing match with someone on firesofheaven.org and the next thing I know a drone drops a bomb on my house that came from several states away with absolutely no way to trace where it came from.

Last edited:
  • 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Edaw

Parody
<Gold Donor>

Drones that can autonomously locate power lines and land on them to recharge themselves making basically infinite range possible as long as there are power lines around.

The combination of this and the armed drones being used in Ukraine is kind of terrifying. I could get into a pissing match with someone on firesofheaven.org and the next thing I know a drone drops a bomb on my house that came from several states away with absolutely no way to trace where it came from.
Conspiracy Theory Birds GIF by Odd Creative

• 1Like

BrutulTM

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun.
<Silver Donator>
This is useless if you don't leave a phone number.

• 1Worf

Palum

what Suineg set it to
This has all made me think that the best way to get graffiti cleaned up is to say "its ok to be white" on top of all the black people graffiti. The underpasses would be clean in a week.