Barbarian (2022)

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
I also thought this was great. Not to be confused with a much worse movie called Barbarians. Must watch if you are a horror fan.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
Was defiantly interestingly filmed, the writers had a vision and they stuck to it. Justin Long played a great Hollywood sleezeball, and they rest of the actors did a great job. It's still weird to me for Bill Skarsgard to have a regular accent, but he's always a joy to see since he has a distinctive look.

I'd say 8/10 since its not wholly original but does well with material that has been shown before. A lot of it was like that really good and disturbing X-Files episode with the mutant family (kinda spoilers but you know the one)
That episode is called "Home". Was banned from Fox after it aired. Not shown in reruns.

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Underrated. Not as good as Cabin In The Woods but has a similar twist vibe different from standard horror stuff.

Only a retard would think it has an "anti-cop" vibe given the crackheads Detroit police likely deal with daily and how ham-stringed they are legally.

Not to mention it highlights what an absolute shit hole Detroit has become from the days of Motown.

Well worth a watch. 👍

Lost River (2014) did a better job at depicting a crumbling Detroit.

I'd suggest checking it out if that's a highlight for you.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
I also thought this was great. Not to be confused with a much worse movie called Barbarians. Must watch if you are a horror fan.

Probably coming off Hellhole I wasn't going to be as easily impressed. Barbarian was overshadowed by some recent releases for me.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
Yea this was quite good. Some of the early bait and switch plot stuff was pretty well done.

I rather enjoyed the weird like act structure it has, where every new cut/act is just worse and more fucked up than the last one.