Barfly vs Gravity

0.00 star(s) Rating: 0.00/5 0 Votes
Title: Barfly

Tagline: Some people never go crazy. What truly horrible lives they must lead.

Genre: Comedy, Drama, Romance

Director: Barbet Schroeder

Cast: Mickey Rourke, Faye Dunaway, Alice Krige, Jack Nance, J.C. Quinn, Frank Stallone, Pruitt Taylor Vince, Sandy Martin, Roberta Bassin, Gloria LeRoy, Joe Unger, Ronald G. Joseph

Release: 1987-09-02

Runtime: 100

Plot: Downtrodden writer Henry and distressed goddess Wanda aren't exactly husband and wife: they're wedded to their bar stools. But they like each other's company- and Barfly captures their giddy, gin-soaked attempts to make a go of life on the skids.

Watched these today. Both are not about what they seem to be about. Gravity is not really about astronauts and Barfly is not really about drunks.

But both are being pulled toward something, and trying to overcome fear about that. Not sure Mickey Rourke does as well, but goddam, does he know how to play a damaged mf?

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
I had a friend that loved Barfly. I looked for it several years back and could not find anywhere then. He said Mickey Rourke was great in it. He talked about it pretty often. Was a great dude. Sold me my first gun.

Heriotze

<Gold Donor>
Watched these today. Both are not about what they seem to be about. Gravity is not really about astronauts and Barfly is not really about drunks.

But both are being pulled toward something, and trying to overcome fear about that. Not sure Mickey Rourke does as well, but goddam, does he know how to play a damaged mf?
Barfly is 100% about drunks. Such is all Bukowski. Don't try...

Dr.Retarded

<Silver Donator>
“Factotum” wasn’t a bad Bukowski movie, and has some quality moments, but it’s definitely about drunks, too.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user
Movie information in first post provided by The Movie Database