Barony - Indie Co-Op Dungeon Crawler Roguelike

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
Picking this up today. I've always liked roguelikes and this one looks fun. Built around the theme of the old-fashioned style dungeon crawlers and nethack. Up to 4 players through randomly organized dungeon. Permadeath and crazy items.

Looks like a good time to me! Appears to be built on a minecraft type engine of some sort. Indie team spent 2 years making it.

Barony

BrotherWu

MAGA
<Silver Donator>
Well? How is it? Looks like the coop aspect of it could be fun, although permadeath would sort of screw up a coop game.

Ichu

Molten Core Raider
I'd be interested to hear how the coop for this is as well.

As far as the perma-death is concerned I think both people should be happy to reset if one of them dies. Everything is randomly generated anyways :p

BrotherWu

MAGA
<Silver Donator>
It was on sale on Steam this weekend, so I bought two copies to play with my kid. We didn't get to put a whole lot of time into it but I could see it being fun if you can put a full group together.

I haven't really looked for a Wiki yet but it definitely needs one because there is a whole lot of shit it just leaves you to figure out. Inventory management kind of sucks but, other than that, it seems like a challenging roguelike. Friendly fire also can create some issues.

Also, permadeath isn't quite as perma as it sounds, as you are revived nekkid if anyone from your party makes it to the next level of the dungeon, which usually is not too hard.