Bathurst Weekend - V8 Supercars

Knytestorme_sl

shitlord
Not sure how many people here actually have an interest in australian racing but this weekend is the Bathurst 1000, a 1000km race over 6.1km mountain circuit in V8's. It started off in the 60's where you've have falcons, holden monaros and mini coopers all racing in the same class (usually seeing the v8's flying away from the mini's along the straights before the mini's taking advantage of the curves over the mountain but now it's only open to V8's that run in the current Supercars season (currently Commodores, Falcons, Nissan Altima's and Mercedes....Volvo entering next year, possibly Chrysler and BMW as well).

It's usually a really great race, takes about 6 hours to finish and sometimes will see a kangaroo hopping across (or standing on) the main back straight from the top of the mountain while the cars are doing ~300kph. If you are into car racing I'd suggest trying to find a stream of sundays race

A previous winner doing a full lap with in-car video

Jensen Button taking an F1 car around the track

Dyvim

Bronze Knight of the Realm
Fuck i clicked on this thread (accidently) reading Bratwurst Weekend only to find out its not about an all you can eat event.

drmandolin

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Fuck i clicked on this thread (accidently) reading Bratwurst Weekend only to find out its not about an all you can eat event.
lol

Actually the 20-sec mark gives a pretty good perspective on how low slung F1 cars really are.

And that race was most awesome imho.