Battle Chasers the Video game

Gromit

Golden Knight of the Realm
Ya pick 3 and run them then later on you can power level the lower guys. I had Garri one shot everything for the low levels till they caught up. Went fairly quick.

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
Playing it on PS4. Think I’m 7-8 hours in, really having fun with it. Overcharge feature is great cause it actually allows you to use your abilities without chugging mana potions like most RPGs. I like all the buffs, debuffs, and synergy/interactions. Just unlocked Red. She’s awesome.

I’ve been horsing the +1 AP to all characters items until I unlock the final devil guy, don’t want to waste them. Does anyone know if he still gets the point if he’s not in the party yet?

The +perk items have 3 tiers, single target, party of 3, or roster-wide, so go ahead and burn them on whoever you enjoy using the most.

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
I get the tiers, just didn’t want to blow the “every character gets a point” ones before I get the devil guy to join. What if I like him the best but don’t know it yet?!

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
I’ve enjoyed it enough already I don’t feel I wasted $25. I’ve paid $60 for worse. All depends how you look at entertainment money I guess. I know some people that refuse to buy anything at “full” price.

If you enjoyed turn based RPGs on the SNES, I’d say you will enjoy this.

Flobee

Vyemm Raider
Picked this up to play with the lady. So far I'm pretty impressed with how weighty the animations feel. It feels GOOD to smash spiders and such.

j00t

Silver Baronet of the Realm
This looks cool. Worth $30 or wait for a Steam sale?

definitely worth it, imo. art style is by joey mad (comic book artist turned game entrepreneur) so it's beautiful. game play is old school snes rpg (chrono trigger, final fantasy, etc) and mechanics actually encourage you to use abilities instead of hoarding them for hard fights

Nester

Vyemm Raider
Looks really good, will pick it up the first time its on sale, Backlog is too big to pay Full pull.

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
Finished right at ~35 hours, probably won't do NG+.

Game is like a solid 9/10 if you enjoy JRPGs, otherwise probably safe to skip. It has a couple of neat new mechanics, but at the core it's still a grindy JRPG. Story isn't bad, but also not very deep. Feels like a small slice of something much larger, and what you get is good, but you just don't really get enough of it. Soundtrack is 10/10 though.

Captain Suave

Caesar si viveret, ad remum dareris.
This game is great. A nice modern update to Chrono Trigger-era RPGS. The soundtrack is fantastic and the art is stellar.

Binks

Golden Knight of the Realm
It's not bad. It definitely scratched the JRPG itch I had when trying to deal with a new puppy (pause-able, not real-time). Combat, specially toward the end, gets repetitive. The easter eggs/off-path encounters can require finding items based on RNG. An odd design decision, the game is somewhat more interesting/challenging after beating it, which I can only imagine few experience, e.g. you're level 1 and the starting monsters are level 6, but you have your abilities/perks. You also keep the unlocked heroes, so it's somewhat fun sprinting to the first town to pick up the hero's you may have ignored on the first play through.