Battlefield 1 - set in World War 1

spronk

FPS noob

Releases Oct 21st for PC, PS4, Xbox One

Digital Deluxe Prerelease and EA Access get access 3 days early

Xalara

Golden Squire
WW1 is kind of weird, it was basically just trench warfare. If anything I could see them going back to WWII.

DoctorSpooge_sl

shitlord
I don't really think WW1 makes for a great gaming experience. Malfunctioning tanks, trenches, barbed wire and mustard gas team-kills are very interesting to read about but don't make for the best gameplay.

Although I guess it's a videogame so they can do whatever they want

Hatorade

A nice asshole.
I don't really think WW1 makes for a great gaming experience. Malfunctioning tanks, trenches, barbed wire and mustard gas team-kills are very interesting to read about but don't make for the best gameplay.

Although I guess it's a videogame so they can do whatever they want
Yeah I am thinking alternate reality WWI, german super weapons against allied Tesla powered cannons.

Araxen

Golden Baronet of the Realm
It's really the only major war the series hasn't focused on yet. WW II games are going to make a comeback again(as the focus of CoD and Battlefield, my predication at least) so I'm fine with a WW I game for once.

Big Phoenix

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
Their very first game was in a WW1 setting. Maybe one of the dlcs would be WW1 themed? They did that for vietnam, released a ww2 themed pack. Even had a good map.

brekk

Dancing Dino Superstar
<Bronze Donator>
BF: Vietnam was a great game also. The jeeps and shit played music. It was a blast!
BF:V was may favorite all time Battlefield game. Helicopter combat was hilariously fun and radios in the vehicles was so good.

Cybsled

WW1 would be...uh...interesting?

Horses!
Trench Warfare! Shotguns are OP (Germany didn't like it when the Americans started using them in close quarters lol)
Spamming mustard and chlorine gas!
Spam artillery!
Shitty biplanes!
Crappy tanks!
Machinegun is literally the best weapon in the game, but everyone goes sniper and pretends they are Richard from Boardwalk Empire

I really hope that is a typo and they do BF1942, but with next gen engine and destructible environments. Dear god that would be amazing. I used to love flying in BF1942. Once finished a Midway match with like 250 kills in my Zero and got accused of being a hacker. Sinking full landing craft and sweeping the deck of plane campers was EZ kills lol

Palum

what Suineg set it to
This could be great but it will revolve more heavily on maps than the previous BF games. The tanks will be shitty slow but biplanes by BF map size standards could move at a decent clip.

I can't fault them for trying something new except... EA.

Big Phoenix

<Gold Donor>

Sludig

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Hey now, can't have BF go back in time just yet, they still need their near future kick. I personally loved BF2142 but partially because I played on a server with forced team play. (Listen to squad/commander) Way more intense and fun than usual roaming clusterfuck that is bf4. Never liked air carrier assault, but regular objectives. Probably OP, but loved doing the air transport with a bunch of engineers.

Return to WW2 with a lot more obscure vehicles that the public isn't aware of would be great. Maybe with a lack of helicopters also make the game a little more heavily ground vehicle focused. My biggest issue with return to old is from a pseudo RPG or whatever you call it aspect, I think most people are addicted to being able to mod out weapons. And back then you basically was stuck with irons, or a rickety old etched glass scope....

Cybsled

The Germans had developed nightvision scopes for weapons back then, although they were not widespread. You could easily do some OSS/Wunderweapons stuff to kit out guns/vehicles need be. Hell, they had a whole expansion in BF1942 that dealt with the secret weapons/prototypes.

spronk

FPS noob
word is its going to be an alternate history World War 1, similar to Wolfenstein. So tech that shouldn't be in that era for reasons. Yeah, sounds dumb but who knows, I'm sure the trailer will look amazing.

Big Phoenix

<Gold Donor>
Also DICE for the love of god can you please properly model your weapons? Even in BF4 there are still weapons numerous weapons that are modeled wrong or have improper animations. The SVD-12 has a charging handle on the left side but when you reload it you pull it on the right side, few others are like that too. And on pretty much every lmg that uses a belt except for the pecheneg you reload it completely wrong. Youre supposed to open the cover pull the link then the charging handle, but in BF4 most have you pull the charging handle then take the link out.