Battlefield 4 (Frostbite 3)

Hatorade

A nice asshole.
Gulf of Oman is horrible, lets give one side ALL the tanks then lets give attacks boats to the other side and force them to funnel into a small channel to be effective offense. Oh but you have more air on one side to counter all that armor, but lets throw a sand storm at you that doesn't let you see anything on the ground.

spronk

FPS noob
for premium players, the DMR unlock kit is free and live, and opened in the stupidest possible way. Go to
http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf4...kits-now-live/

then scroll down to the middle (end of article, before comments) and click the BATTLEFIELD 4 PREMIUM GIVEAWAY orange button. Its only up for another few days. The pistol unlock is done through the origin store. The schedule is

February 18 to February 24
Shortcut Kit: Hand Guns
Battlefield 4 Premium Shortcut Kit: DMR's

February 25 to March 4
Shortcut Kit: Grenades
Battlefield 4 Premium Shortcut Kit: Shotguns

Vlett

Lord Nagafen Raider
for premium players, the DMR unlock kit is free and live, and opened in the stupidest possible way. Go to

then scroll down to the middle (end of article, before comments) and click the BATTLEFIELD 4 PREMIUM GIVEAWAY orange button. Its only up for another few days. The pistol unlock is done through the origin store. The schedule is

Battlefield 4 Premium Shortcut Kit: DMR's

February 25 to March 4
Free unlocks, even for premium, bugs me.

Vinyard_sl

shitlord
Anyone play support and notice your bipod gets fucked up sometimes in the Second Assault maps? Like it refuses to deploy...even on flat surfaces

Fadaar

That guy

Battlefield 4 Premium Shortcut Kit: DMR?s

February 25 to March 4
Fuck yeah, I don't have to grind to get my M39 back from BF3. I love that gun IRL, it is very fun to shoot.

Derpa

Trakanon Raider
Anyone play support and notice your bipod gets fucked up sometimes in the Second Assault maps? Like it refuses to deploy...even on flat surfaces
Wouldn't know since the bipod works like shit in the game.

On another note metro is terrible, makes me wonder what derp they found to make it since it doesn't even follow map design 101

Sulrn

Deuces
I also cheer for being able to jump straight to the M39. My only gripe is they should make the shortcut open to everyone. Locked weapons makes no sense to me at all. Attachments/mods I understand, but not weapons. Especially when some of the starter weapons are just pure shit.

Vlett

Lord Nagafen Raider
Wouldn't know since the bipod works like shit in the game.

On another note metro is terrible, makes me wonder what derp they found to make it since it doesn't even follow map design 101
Metro on conquest is bottleneck on. The other game modes at least has a way around it. I'm usually stuck on conquest mode myself since there aren't custom servers yet for ps4, so it's just a grind for me.

Morsakin

Golden Knight of the Realm
I also cheer for being able to jump straight to the M39. My only gripe is they should make the shortcut open to everyone. Locked weapons makes no sense to me at all. Attachments/mods I understand, but not weapons. Especially when some of the starter weapons are just pure shit.
Which starter weapons are you referring to? The only weapon class which suffers from noticeably bad starting weapons is bolt actions (CS LR4) and PDWs, but seeing as all PDWs outside of the VAL suck, I don't think that's saying much.

Regarding the process of unlocking weapons, I don't think it's bad given the point requirements, but I realize that what I consider trivial and what the average player does are two different things.

The attachment system, and this DICE version of russian roulette with battlepack-specific unlocks (namely scopes, and flash hiders for bolt actions; the rest are just copy/paste attachments which fulfill the same statistical adjustment) is ridiculous.

Oh look, 3 25% boosts, a "long range emblem", and an IRNV for the M1014 in today's gold battlepack, followed by 3 25% boosts from the bronze battlepack. I'll try and contain my excitement.

Sulrn

Deuces
Running off my phone atm, but I was indeed referring to the SR, PDW (engis being initially locked out of carbine by rank), DMRs, and the revolver (more of a gripe about not starting with a M9 or other semi-auto than anything).

The battle pack system is exactly why I think attachments should be what you unlock through weapon /player rank. It doesn't take long to unlock weapons (except for DMR/Shotgun, maybe), but until you hit rank 5 you have limited control over your own loadout and it can be an extremely painful five levels not being able to contribute much until you can start working towards your niche playstyle.

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
So yeah, Origin has this shit on sale today for $30 digital, $35 digital deluxe.

So if you want in, today is a good day.

brekk

Dancing Dino Superstar
<Bronze Donator>
So my biggest issue with this premium map DLC is how fractured the player base gets. I had been playing on a VERY active 32 player Locker Obliteration server the past few weeks. Anytime of day it was full with 1-2 in queue. Since Second Assault hit it can't get more then 4-5 people on at once. I feel bad for someone buying the game this late in without Premium and finding most of the servers unavailable to them. It's just shitty.

Derpa

Trakanon Raider
Metro on conquest is bottleneck on. The other game modes at least has a way around it. I'm usually stuck on conquest mode myself since there aren't custom servers yet for ps4, so it's just a grind for me.
Rush version of metro is just as bad. The map as a whole is just poorly designed, needs a under and over route not full tight corridor shooting.

Which starter weapons are you referring to? The only weapon class which suffers from noticeably bad starting weapons is bolt actions (CS LR4) and PDWs, but seeing as all PDWs outside of the VAL suck, I don't think that's saying much.

Regarding the process of unlocking weapons, I don't think it's bad given the point requirements, but I realize that what I consider trivial and what the average player does are two different things.

The attachment system, and this DICE version of russian roulette with battlepack-specific unlocks (namely scopes, and flash hiders for bolt actions; the rest are just copy/paste attachments which fulfill the same statistical adjustment) is ridiculous.

Oh look, 3 25% boosts, a "long range emblem", and an IRNV for the M1014 in today's gold battlepack, followed by 3 25% boosts from the bronze battlepack. I'll try and contain my excitement.
I would also say the starting support LMG sucks.

So tired of 25% boosts sitting on 50+ of them now.

Morsakin

Golden Knight of the Realm
I would also say the starting support LMG sucks.
Going to have to disagree with this point; the U-100, despite its low RoF, is a viable choice for accurate fire on the move when compared to other LMG's, from a spread / recoil perspective, especially so when its 590 RoF is taken into account. 45 round mag is fine by me.

Down to the last of the two ultra-bad bolt actions on my mastery quest; the FY-JS. After that it's the GOL then pretty much sticking to either that or the SRR for longer range encounters.

Edit: Who the hell really needs the grenade booster pack is my question. It's what, 800 points to get to minis, at which point you're basically set aside from RGO impacts if that's your thing. Just play a couple rounds of locker or metro and you're done.