Battlefield 4 (Frostbite 3)

spronk

FPS noob
I'm not sure how 1 thread with 200 replies is enraging an entire subreddit of 65k people but ok

i also didn't realize part of being a competitive player was curbstomping solo noobs 0-750 on normal servers

Vlett

Lord Nagafen Raider
I've never managed having more than 6 people working together on a conquest, and that's usually enough to have a 300+ spread. Most quick joins on ps4 never listen to commander either.

Morsakin

Golden Knight of the Realm
I'm not sure how 1 thread with 200 replies is enraging an entire subreddit of 65k people but ok

i also didn't realize part of being a competitive player was curbstomping solo noobs 0-750 on normal servers
What else are we supposed to do in our off-time? Moreover, I doubt this is anything new to said individuals. It's basically what they're here for.

Alasliasolonik

Toilet of the Mod Elect
<Banned>
Apparently we've enraged the hive of baddies known as the battlefield 4 subreddit:
I always make it a point in my day to make fun of the retards that post there, it's just so easy. Every hour it's a new thread whining about some random fucking thing, I troll the shit out of "new" in that subreddit.

Kreugen

Vyemm Raider
I'm trying to start a meme where you whine about whatever weapon killed you every single time you die until people realize how stupid it is to whine about whatever weapon killed you when anyone is free to use whatever fucking gun they wish.

"shotgun noobs!"
"dmr noobs!"
"assault rifle noobs!"
"pistol noobs!"

Vlett

Lord Nagafen Raider
I've gotten more slam hate than anything. Which is awesome because I can't force you to drive near them.

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I think most of the slam hate comes from being able to put them on a vehicle and just having to drive it up to the enemy(unlike c4 which you have to activate) or sticking them on a tank/armor and rpg once to 1 shot it.

Xalara

Golden Squire
I hate SLAMs but every time I die to them it's usually my own fault. Honestly I don't get how people are so bad at this game. Even in a completely one sided game where I'm on the losing team I can carve out a niche and get lots of kills and points simply by trying to cap. It's not hard and I rarely finish out of the top four on my team.

Devlin

Golden Squire
No DLC yet, I heard the 7th like a week ago, who knows.

have realised I may not be as shitty a player as I had pretty much assumed. Was wondering what the "network smoothing" option actally does and seemingly it basically makes you see animations that might not actually be there, and players in places they might not actually be.

Since I've switched it down to 10 I'm regularly finishing in the top 3 every conquest and have quadrupled my kills.

Fuck network smoothing.

Vlett

Lord Nagafen Raider
Last few nights I've been getting serious running / shooting lag. Character will chop along while he catches up to himself. Couldn't fly at all. I tried swapping from EC to WC servers and it improved it some, but not a lot.

First time I've had this problem although I've read about it happening.

BrotherWu

MAGA
<Silver Donator>
I had not played in a while and fired it up again recently on the PS3.

- Lockup frequency seems to have increased.
- Still no ability to rent a server.
- I see that they finally implemented the custom logo things (the one I drew up a month ago appears on my gun) so I log in to my battlelog account modify mine and ... my account is now linked to some random profile I didn't create and that doesn't have any stats.
- Also, we don't seem to be getting the free battlepacks.

WTF. Seriously this is the worst piece of shit I've ever played on the console in terms of stability.

Devlin

Golden Squire
I have to say the ps4 version is pretty solid, once in blue moon the app shuts down but honestly I play a lot and have little to no issues.

Vlett

Lord Nagafen Raider
Devlin, have you had any of the choppy character issues?

ps4 floats around 75-85% connection to the house wifi, server ping is always good. I lowered smoothing out to 20 a few weeks ago, but didn't notice any of this at the time.

lurker#4

Trakanon Raider
saw the news that their asking what the players want for maps. id like to see karkand back and maybe Jalalabad...

Kreugen

Vyemm Raider
Some RHIBs would fix Karkand right up.

I really liked some of the Close Quarters maps but dunno if they would bring any of those back.

Gaige

Legal Ephebophile
Oh man forgot to log in yesterday
frown.png
Life ruined, bronze battlepack missed.

Morsakin

Golden Knight of the Realm
If server providers would allow you to set custom tickrates above the default 10 / second, I would purchase a 64 slot 60 tick server in a heartbeat. With a ping kicker. And region kicker.

Then all would be right with the world.

Was doing some recording / frame-by-frame analysis last night and even when enemies possessed a ping of just over 100, there were times where I'd be shot and killed by the time a few pixels of the enemy had turned a corner. Good times. Whoever thought 10 tick rates were acceptable needs to be drawn and quartered.

faille

Molten Core Raider
In the absence of a new bf2142, I'd take a Gibraltar map. Wonder how it'd play out in modern era.

And most of the bc2 maps were decent. Especially the jungle ones