Battlefield 4 (Frostbite 3)

Pagan

Lord Nagafen Raider
"Stuck staring at a burning carrier at the loading screen on the PS3. This whole experience has been turdarriific. "

Same here on the PS4...I have to log on back and forth a few minutes to even see options to start a game.

Morsakin

Golden Knight of the Realm
Everyone I know is largely done with this worthless dlc, though obviously not surprised by this fact. It's terrible for infantry play and generally boils down to "Attack Boats: The Experience" unless you want to spend inordinate amounts of time running from one action spot to another on most maps.

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
^^^Good, you can go back to tank farming on the other maps with your gay ass buddies.

AWS did get a nerf to be in line with other LMGs like M249 and MG4. They did buff the G336C to be basically like BF3s M16A3 though. The thing is a beast now.

I like the new maps as well, lots of infantry action going on without the shitty tanks everywhere like all the other large maps. I mean you have the boats,they dont bother you as much.

Gankak

Vyemm Raider
Everyone I know is largely done with this worthless dlc, though obviously not surprised by this fact. It's terrible for infantry play and generally boils down to "Attack Boats: The Experience" unless you want to spend inordinate amounts of time running from one action spot to another on most maps.
Wait... you can't farm people in tanks and you are 'done' with this dlc? Shocking... really it is

Kreugen

Vyemm Raider
Wait... you can't farm people in tanks and you are 'done' with this dlc? Shocking... really it is
More importantly, it's also a lot harder to just bottle up the other team in their spawn and kill them the instant they appear.

The maps all have quads/hovercraft etc for quickly getting around, I had no lack of action. In fact most of the time it felt like playing domination mode. The maps are all easier to get around than Parsel storm, where the islands are too spread out.

I'm a little unclear on what triggers the carriers though. Sometimes, one carrier opened much earlier than the other. But another game, the other team held every objective yet they both opened at the same time, and we won the match despite being shitstomped on the islands the entire time.

The carrier interior looks terrible though. Why is it so goddamn empty and shiny?

Pretty much. I played a couple hours of Naval Strike last night after work and I'm really enjoying it so far. Then again I like all the boats. Transport Chopper is a beast now, and so are rhibs, although they are glass cannons. C130 is retardedly good. A pair of good jet pilots can do wonders for locking down the other team's vehicles too. Carrier assault pretty much comes down to "who can breach the other team's carrier first?" as as soon as it's breached, the game is over within 2 minutes.

Gaige

Legal Ephebophile
What a faggot cry baby he is. WAAAAH I CAN'T GO 7:1 BY VEHICLE WHORING I'M TAKING MY BALL AND GOING HOME!

Vinyard_sl

shitlord
To the PC players.

Do you get bad lag/rubberbanding in the navel strike maps? PS4 is always horrendous when new DLC comes out for Battlefield

Kreugen

Vyemm Raider
The main issue is the games just go too fast. The first MCOM is gone instantly, leaving only one to fight over. And I've yet to see a match won by holding the islands and defending the carrier.

bayr_sl

shitlord
naval strike is cool and so is carrier assault but then they go and screw it all up with the para drops onto carriers. That is so stupid

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
To the PC players.

Do you get bad lag/rubberbanding in the navel strike maps? PS4 is always horrendous when new DLC comes out for Battlefield
No it ran pretty smooth for me except the occasional lag spike. But they were rare. I did hear that some servers are better than others. I guess I just got lucky.

I didnt play any other modes except Conquest though. I just got on a 64 player conquest server and just played it all night. My favorite map was the one with the sub base in the middle by far. So much good action in there fighting for those 3 points. And the thing thats great is that no one team can really lock it down completely since there is access from the outside at all 4 sides. Also if youre not into that CQB, you can just concentrate on boats and trying to take the other points on the map.

Kreugen

Vyemm Raider
The island action is great, the actual carrier assault needs work for sure. But it isn't likely to change much.

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
The more I play this game, the more apparent the net code problems are. This is not pertaining to the new DLC per say, but the entire game. Sometimes I empty an entire clip into a dude without one hit marker. This would not be so apparent in the bigger maps where you are dealing with longer distances and maybe your aim is to blame. Im talking 10 meters in front of you on a metro or lockers server, so I know that even my aim is not that bad. I dont know what the deal is. The worst is when you get a clear jump on the guy and your first 2-3 hits dont register at all, and he ends up beating you where you clearly had the advantage. Other times I duck behind a wall and get shot. I know the ducking behind walls thing was also present in BF3, but not to this extent. Im not sure if its the servers being laggy, other peoples latency, or what, but sometimes this shit is downright rage inducing.

My latency usually hovers around 30ms. So you would think that I would have the advantage over a dude with 100-200ms, right? But waht im finding is that the opposite is true, for some reason that escapes my logic, maybe one of you could clue me in on the science.

Kreugen

Vyemm Raider
Whenever I use a shotgun I'm tempted to record a compilation of what I called in BF3 the "SPAS TO THE FACE" syndrome.

Really, a lot of the problem is just the TTK is SO goddamn low, that any desynch at all is super noticeable. .2-.3 seconds plus reaction time is not a lot of room. Combine that with network updates in 100ms intervals, and there is going to be a huge disconnect with what you see and what the server sees and there's no helping it. But if it took 20 bullets to kill someone you wouldn't really question it. It would sort itself out and you'd never be able to tell. Who bitches about netcode in WoW? It's still a factor, you just can't notice it.

Prior to the "fix", there were tons of kill trades because if you shot them on your screen and they shot you on theirs, both outcomes counted. But people didn't like that, so they narrowed the window that this can happen. You have client side hit detection, but the server acts like a referee that decides who shot faster on their own end. What fucks things up even worse though is when there is a large ping difference. aka the "console / dialup modem appeasement code." The referee giving the other guy a 200-300ms handicap is absurd. It leads to situations where it looks like you pumped enough bullets into someone to kill them three times over, yet you fall over dead the moment they fire back and they jog off at full health. If that bullshit was capped at 100ms, then you'd see a LOT less bullfuckery.

If you join a server in Taiwan or Uganda or someshit the game feels exactly the same as having a 20ms ping. Which is bullshit. There does not need to be that much compensation for ridiculous amounts of latency.

In the end, the server is probably right. That person probably reacted and fired quicker than you did. But it's hard to fucking swallow when it looks nothing like that to you. Knowing how it all works I STILL get pissed when it happens, even though I know that I should just trust the goddamn game.

Morsakin

Golden Knight of the Realm
Lol, I'd just do it with an attack boat instead. Nevermind the fact that CA is a joke in its current state, I'll take being able to play 64 CQL without horrid hit reg on a default map over any NS map. But go on, keep on this irrelevant tangent if it makes you feel better.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LYPDEnLsWKw&t=38s

More importantly, it's also a lot harder to just bottle up the other team in their spawn and kill them the instant they appear.
Only slightly.

Sulrn

Deuces
Rubberbanding in CA has only been an issue for consoles. Anyone getting it on PC has a shit connection/server.

I can now say I'm 3/3 on sound loop bug for new expansions on release. DICE seems to be learning though because it doesn't result in a crash or a stall anymore and resets on death. Only other complaint is that due to the map layouts, every match I've played has come down to 1 - who has the best scout chopper then 2 - who caps the ac-130 first.

Some points definitely hurt for vehicle spawns though. Unless you have a decent cdr, capping some points just begs for a suicide redoployment afterwards so you can pop right on the enemy carrier assuming you're not fighting to hold.

Kreugen

Vyemm Raider
I think the problem is server hosts overselling slots and then getting overloaded whenever a new DLC hits.

Pagan

Lord Nagafen Raider
Yes, the "rubber banding" sometimes gets so bad on the PS4 is not even worth playing. First I am in the ship, then I am down the stairs no wait I am back upstairs and then in the engine room and finally sitting in the ocean. However you can rack up some kills with a M249 or large clipped weapon in Naval strike. Lay down and lay fire down a hall is fun.

Just read this on Dice Battlelog:
We wanted to provide a quick update on the issues with Battlefield 4 "rubber banding" that some players on certain platforms have experienced during matches with 64 players.

Looking into this further, we're unhappy with our server performance, so we'll be upgrading the hardware as soon as possible, investing more to deliver a better experience.

As soon as we know the exact timetable, we'll let you know the ETA. Reducing lag for these players is absolutely a top priority for us to solve and we expect to have the solution very soon.

Stay tuned to our official channels for more information.

Devlin

Golden Squire
There are a surprisingly large amount of 64 player full servers on the PS4 at all times of the day or night, on the EU servers HC typically slows right down late night but normal always has a large selection to play on.

I kinda love the glitch where you can equip stingers and aa mines at the same time then just get to a high spot and fuck heli pilots off to your hearts content.

AWS, I haven't really played with it until tonight, had heard all the raving about it but with ironsights I found it absolutely garbage, tonight I persevered some and as soon as I unlocked a scope it drastically changed my opinion, finally a non shit LMG to play with. If only they would fix the netcode so shotguns weren't absolutely useless I'd get some more variety.