Battlefield 4

Alexzander

Golden Knight of the Realm
This is bullshit. BF3 is easily my favorite game purchase of the past 2-3 years. 0 complaints.
I'll never know. I have zero interest in installing Origin. I've had a Steam account for almost 10 years. I don't need or want another content delivery service, especially not one from a company like EA.

sebur

Bronze Squire
Jet's coasting out of the sky to kill people with their machine guns IS bullshit especially with no way to bring them down once they get all their unlocks as well as all the GD sunflare in that game. They should have named it Sunflare 3

EDIT: Also, fuck them as a company. I bought all the expansions when they were on sale a few weeks back, installed them, realized I still didn't like the game and called customer service for a refund and they told me they don't give refunds. I talked to 3 different supervisors before I gave up and wrote it off as a loss.
While I do agree with the sun stuff at times, I certainly do get blown out the sky quite often if I start to dominate in a jet/helicopter. People get wise and I can't take off without being locked on instantly.

You lost me on the refund though. You didn't like the game previously, bought expansions anyway....and now are angry that they won't give you a refund on something you installed and played?...........

Hekotat

FoH nuclear response team
I knew there had been a few patches and hoped it was better, alas, I was wrong.

Have you ever heard of a company that doesn't give refunds? I could understand if it had been a week after purchase but this was 20-30 minutes tops. If any company refuses to give refunds for their products this speaks volumes about what kind company they are and what they think of their customer base, hell even Blizzard gave me my money back after I decided to try MoP and found it a shadow of it's former self.

You would think they would want their customers happy, not talking all kinds of shit about them and their products.

Ignatius

#thePewPewLife
I hate to defend EA here, I really do, but no refunds for games, especially something digital is the norm. Steam rarely gives refunds. It has to be extremely broken or wrong for them to budge (like WarZ's launch).

Hekotat

I hate to defend EA here, I really do, but no refunds for games, especially something digital is the norm. Steam rarely gives refunds. It has to be extremely broken or wrong for them to budge (like WarZ's launch).
That just gives them more incentive to sell shitty products.

Xalara

Golden Squire
There is no reason you shouldn't be able to return games, or at the least digital purchases in this day and age. It's trivially easy to add metrics to a game that will prevent return fraud. For example the kind of metrics that make it so that I can't return a game if I've already beaten it or played X hours. The real reason you can't return games is because most companies these days are not customer focused, which is kind of sad if you think about it. Even Valve sucks in this department, I mean have you tried using their customer service? It's atrocious.

Penance

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Or you could, you know, play a demo and decide if you want to buy it. This country it wrought with consumer entitlement. As somebody who has run charge backs for a company knows, it gets a bit ridiculous.

However, EA should fucking implode already. I wish these awesome titles such as BF would jump boat.

Morsakin

Here's to hoping they flesh out the destruction as others have mentioned; I'd love to see much fewer static, indestructible buildings, and would obviously love to see 128 players in a perfect world, but hardware and server costs to support that many players, especially with updated graphics, makes that a distance possibility in my book.

Also: Suppression. Remove it. While they're at it, create some weapons within each class that possess more flavor than what is currently available, especially if they're running with the same class loadout as BF3. Every assault will otherwise inevitably run around with the M16 or 416 equivalent.

Hmm, what else?

Less lock on weapons, at least for ground-based vehicles. The javelin is stupid; bring back the self-guided AT4 so I can sidestep obstacles and hit tanks around corners like in BC2.

Remove mortars.

Please dear baby jesus remove regenerating armor. Whoever thought this was a good idea needs to be shot; same goes for whoever administrates metabans and cheatometer, which is just a 3rd party excuse for bad players to lash out at people who are legitimately better than they are. Casuals deserve to be farmed like cattle; this is the way of the world.

othree

Bronze Knight of the Realm
Only way I'm picking up BF4 in the next year is 128 player servers. Otherwise I'm sticking to BF3 and sitting this one out.

Fuck you EA.

Pagan

Lord Nagafen Raider
Here's to hoping they flesh out the destruction as others have mentioned; I'd love to see much fewer static, indestructible buildings, and would obviously love to see 128 players in a perfect world, but hardware and server costs to support that many players, especially with updated graphics, makes that a distance possibility in my book.

Also: Suppression. Remove it. While they're at it, create some weapons within each class that possess more flavor than what is currently available, especially if they're running with the same class loadout as BF3. Every assault will otherwise inevitably run around with the M16 or 416 equivalent.

Hmm, what else?

Less lock on weapons, at least for ground-based vehicles. The javelin is stupid; bring back the self-guided AT4 so I can sidestep obstacles and hit tanks around corners like in BC2.

Remove mortars.

Please dear baby jesus remove regenerating armor. Whoever thought this was a good idea needs to be shot; same goes for whoever administrates metabans and cheatometer, which is just a 3rd party excuse for bad players to lash out at people who are legitimately better than they are. Casuals deserve to be farmed like cattle; this is the way of the world.
Some I agree on, the one thing I do miss is a missile guided UAV (something like it) for the recon class.

Hekotat

^GD this, what happened to games like Red Faction, Unreal Tournament, Quake, etc. I really wish I could go back to the late 90's early 2000's for THAT gameplay, at least then the people that made the games had passion about what they were making and not just looking for a quick buck.

Another issue I have with BF3 is a lot of the maps(expansion maps) seem to have no cover, no hills, nothing... I primarily like to play infantry and trying to move from one cap point to another through open fields is near impossible. I didn't really notice this until I started playing ArmA 3, I mean it's not just me noticing this right?

Well two of the expansions were city based, so lots of areas to hide in there. The other two non CQ xpacs had a couple of flat open maps mixed with some really dense and hidey hole filled approaches.

Vlett

Lord Nagafen Raider
I think they are pushing BF4 before the next wave of console releases.

I haven't played 3 much since the armored core (tank one) DLC but I avoided running simply because of the size of the maps, but there was cover if you wanted it.

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
They're probably pushing for it before the new console releases so they can sell it AGAIN on the new consoles.

Kreugen

Vyemm Raider
I'll never know. I have zero interest in installing Origin. I've had a Steam account for almost 10 years. I don't need or want another content delivery service, especially not one from a company like EA.
Who gives a flying fuck about having an extra "content delivery service?" Do you only shop at one store? Does your radio have no dial? Do you never, ever buy anything online that isn't Steam? The stupid shit people say about Origin is unbelievable. Its just a fucking online store. Do you really think they were going to let Steam have a monopoly when they can afford their own service? That is idiotic. If you are concerned about Origin stealing your megahurtz, then don't load it at boot up.

Unless you are a goddamn Valve employee I can't even remotely fathom why anyone would give a shit that you buy EA games from EA instead of from Valve or Wal-Mart or direct2drive or iptorrents.com.

Oh no, I have to be connected to the internet. Good thing I'm always connected to the internet. And surely that isn't the complaint, because who the fuck is playing Battlefield in single player?

OMG ORIGIN IS SATAN FUCK EA BLAH BLAH. For fuck's sake.

Ruin_sl

shitlord
BF:BC 2 was my favorite of the series and I enjoy bf3, but EA as company has lost me forever. I'm a guy who stands behind my boycotts.

Morsakin

Who gives a flying fuck about having an extra "content delivery service?" Do you only shop at one store? Does your radio have no dial? Do you never, ever buy anything online that isn't Steam? The stupid shit people say about Origin is unbelievable. Its just a fucking online store. Do you really think they were going to let Steam have a monopoly when they can afford their own service? That is idiotic. If you are concerned about Origin stealing your megahurtz, then don't load it at boot up.

Unless you are a goddamn Valve employee I can't even remotely fathom why anyone would give a shit that you buy EA games from EA instead of from Valve or Wal-Mart or direct2drive or iptorrents.com.

Oh no, I have to be connected to the internet. Good thing I'm always connected to the internet. And surely that isn't the complaint, because who the fuck is playing Battlefield in single player?

OMG ORIGIN IS SATAN FUCK EA BLAH BLAH. For fuck's sake.
Going to have to agree to an extent, it's not like Origin is really doing anyone a disservice of note given that it's not penalizing you, as a consumer, for using it, aside from the periodic inconvenience of needing to install it and update it. Sure, it's not perfect, but it's come to aid me in the past, especially with games like that I wanted to boot up again after getting a new computer. I realize I can do this via Steam, but I can't blame EA for creating it.

As for BF4, a few things came to mind that I'd like to see added / removed:

Remove cooldown of spotting, or increase the maximum number of spots before the cooldown cycle begins.

Disallow spotting when someone is running through a smoke screen. The fact this is possible always makes me chuckle. Just mash QQ to Pew Pew.

Harsher resupply cooldowns after a smaller threshold of explosive munitions resupplied, so as to stop "metro madness" where half the team is covering entrances with a never-ending hail of grenades, m320s, c4, and rpg's.