Battletech

Evernothing

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
That is the % to hit that specific part only. Your standard to hit % is still on the bottom right. Penalty for called shot is -1 initiative to your mech for 1 turn.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Yep, game runs like shit and takes ages to load.

What are the % it gives you during the called shot dialogue? Is that your chance to hit that specific part only, or is that your hit chance in general? IE, what is the penalty for firing called shots?

When you make a called shot, the % it shows is your chance to hit the targeted spot on the mech, if you look closely it breaks down the odds of what body part you hit. Like if you have an 18% chance for a headshot, you're still about 70% likely to just hit center torso.

Jalynfane

Phank 2002
You can determine salvage on the negotiation screen. There are sliders for Cbills, Salvage, and Reputation with that faction.

100 Faction is allied iirc.

Stability damage can be easily modded, all the data files are in JSON format.

Also, if you have just 1 little screen full of save games the speed of the loading speeds up.

Sludig

Buzzfeed Editor
That is the % to hit that specific part only. Your standard to hit % is still on the bottom right. Penalty for called shot is -1 initiative to your mech for 1 turn.
Wrong, called shots are free on downed mechs and if used as a morale ability give the TARGET -1 initiative for a round.

Evernothing

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Wrong, called shots are free on downed mechs and if used as a morale ability give the TARGET -1 initiative for a round.

Ok, that's what I originally thought, but last night I noticed when I used to morale ability the '-1 INITIATIVE' appeared above me own mech's head. So, I figured I was losing initiative for taking the time to line up the precision shot.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Chysamere Chysamere where'd you get that kingler and your other assault mechs, just from grinding contracts? Story missions haven't given me shit since the free highlander and the juiciest thing I've seen from random contracts so far was an orion.

Chysamere

<WoW Guild Officer>
Chysamere Chysamere where'd you get that kingler and your other assault mechs, just from grinding contracts? Story missions haven't given me shit since the free highlander and the juiciest thing I've seen from random contracts so far was an orion.

4.5 and 5 Star contracts, particularly ones that mention elite lances or elite mechwarriors.

I've heard Assaults don't show up until you finish a certain story mission as well.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
4.5 and 5 Star contracts, particularly ones that mention elite lances or elite mechwarriors.

I've heard Assaults don't show up until you finish a certain story mission as well.

All I have left is the final story mission, so I'll just start challenging the tougher contracts.

Fadaar

That guy
I like my lance. Highlander you get from the story mission, second Highlander (different variant, no gauss rifle), Battlemaster, Banshee. Total of I think 360 tons. Banshee is a total piece of shit but I just loaded it up for close quarters and waddle my way in to punch and machine gun things with max armor.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
lol, not only did I finally run into an assault mech in a contract, it was a lance of 4 assault mechs. 2 highlanders, banshee, and an awesome (what a retarded name). Managed to find a small ridge to stand behind as they approached and picked them apart, got full salvage on everything except the awesome, but I ended up bringing home 4 highlander pieces and a com++.

Current lance is a zeus tank, highlander sniper/sensor bitch, and two orion LRM platforms. Not sure whether to replace one of the orions or the zeus with the highlander, it's a variant with 4 missile hardpoints it's sorta screaming to have a mess of SRM racks.

Shmoopy

Golden Baronet of the Realm
running this on an I7 7700 with a 1080gtx and SSD, loading times are long and the game stutters

Weird. I'm on I5 6600 with a GForce 1060 and zero stuttering. Ultrawide 2560*1080 rez. Tweaked a couple settings down.

Are you running a 4k monitor? From what I've seen 4k will GIMP any card at this point. Going from 1080p to 4k is like automatic minus 100fps lol.

GTX 1080 Review: Ultimate Nvidia Geforce 4k GPU for Gaming

Sludig

Buzzfeed Editor
Had my first bullshit game, redoing mission against victoria to try and get her catapult. Decker gets ppc crit headshot, followed by next round retard long range autocannon turret also crit headshotting, cockpit destroyed, nothing else hurt.

Meanwhile probably 20+ shots at 17% headshots called shot.... nothing. (And that's using mostly missiles since all you need is one fucking to hit not all of them)

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Figured out a nifty trick for saving LRM ammo, or being more efficient in the case of an LRM pilot with multishot. If you have the spare hardpoint, toss a plain old LRM 5 on your missile boats. When you need to knock down someone with a full stability meter, you just pop them with the LRM 5 and down they go. Also helps when you're trying to knock someone down without blowing them to shit for full salvage since an LRM 5 will do notably less damage than an LRM20++ with damage mods.

Obviously requires a free missile hardpoint and two tons, but I think it's worth making room, especially on a mech being piloted by someone with multishot. Tip someone over with the LRM 5 and then fire your main payload at someone else to run their stability meter up.

• 1Dislike
Reactions: 1 user

Elidroth

Trakanon Raider
I wish I knew more about building custom loadouts.. I'm having a lot of fun with the game, but sometimes I definitely wind up with the wrong mechs for a given mission requirements.

khorum

Murder Apologist
running this on an I7 7700 with a 1080gtx and SSD, loading times are long and the game stutters
Get the April 25th nvidia 397.31 drivers __AND__ the full K-Lite codec pack.

I got a new laptop with a gtx 1060 pretty much just to play this game on the road and the loading times/stutters on the nvidia was faaaaar worse than on my desktop. The loading times are persistent even on SSD's.

Apparently it's an issue with codec the game uses for the in-game animations. Some versions of win10 and win7 home don't come pre-installed with certain codecs and the game ends up using some shitty directshow DLL.

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Kiroy

Marine Biologist
<Bronze Donator>
may have been posted but if you want to speed up the game w/o using mods (i like first playthroughs vanila on these types of games) here's the instructions

I used this guys files not set to 100 cause I still want it to look somewhat realistic (his post was buried a little deeper in the thread)

basically doubles the 'movement speed' when moving, not actual speed. cosmetic only.

• 1Like

Fadaar

That guy
Figured out a nifty trick for saving LRM ammo, or being more efficient in the case of an LRM pilot with multishot. If you have the spare hardpoint, toss a plain old LRM 5 on your missile boats. When you need to knock down someone with a full stability meter, you just pop them with the LRM 5 and down they go. Also helps when you're trying to knock someone down without blowing them to shit for full salvage since an LRM 5 will do notably less damage than an LRM20++ with damage mods.

Obviously requires a free missile hardpoint and two tons, but I think it's worth making room, especially on a mech being piloted by someone with multishot. Tip someone over with the LRM 5 and then fire your main payload at someone else to run their stability meter up.

I do the same thing with mechs that have multiple missile hard points, and for those that don't I use an AC2. It's worth the extra weight to have a weak hitting knockdown to multi target with, or at the very least it heavily ups your chances of getting a full salvage from multiple knockdown and called shot torsos/headshots.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Get the April 25th nvidia 397.31 drivers __AND__ the full K-Lite codec pack.

I got a new laptop with a gtx 1060 pretty much just to play this game on the road and the loading times/stutters on the nvidia was faaaaar worse than on my desktop. The loading times are persistent even on SSD's.

Apparently it's an issue with codec the game uses for the in-game animations. Some versions of win10 and win7 home don't come pre-installed with certain codecs and the game ends up using some shitty directshow DLL.

wew shit is like night and day. thanks!

• 1Like

Rime

<Donor>
First Assault from a random 3-Skull Assassination mission. Stalker. Can fit 60 LRMs worth of fire on it (And enough ammo for 12 shots). It is very silly.

• 1Like

Vimeseh

Trakanon Raider
If I want full salvage i just leave the mech for last and punch it for knockdown, then let it stand up and punch it again. All my maps end in Mech boxing.