Battletech

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Itzena_sl

shitlord
BATTLETECH by Harebrained Schemes LLC Kickstarter

Jordan Weisman, the creator of BattleTech and MechWarrior, is back with the first turn-based BattleTech game for PC in over two decades.

>>> WHAT

BATTLETECH is a single-player, turn-based, tactical 'Mech combat game for PC. (And Mac and Linux!) The game may also include PVP multiplayer if enough funding is reached - more on that below.

>>> WHERE

The BattleTech Universe is one of near-constant warfare and feudal political intrigue, where great noble houses vie for dominance of a vast region of space known as the Inner Sphere. It's a universe of flawed heroes, fallen empires and grey moral realities. Great families vie for supremacy, with alliances and betrayals constantly shifting the balance of power.

>>> WHEN

Our BATTLETECH game is set in the popular 3025 Succession Wars Era of the BattleTech Universe - often referred to as "Classic BattleTech".

>>> WHO

The project is led by:

Jordan Weisman, the creator of BattleTech and MechWarrior, Shadowrun, Crimson Skies, and more.

Mike McCain, the Creative Director of Harebrained Schemes' critically-acclaimed series of Shadowrun games.

Mitch Gitelman, the Producer of the classic MechCommander series of tactical 'Mech combat games.

Our studio, Harebrained Schemes, has delivered three successful Kickstarter campaigns - Shadowrun Returns/Dragonfall, Golem Arcana, and Shadowrun: Hong Kong - to rave reviews and very positive responses from our Kickstarter backers. Kickstarter allows our studio to remain independent and to focus on making games directly for our fans.

>>> WHY

Because we love BattleTech, and there hasn't been a turn-based, classic BattleTech game on PC in over 20 years! Above all else, our goal with this project is to deliver an authentic BattleTech experience. Accomplishing that goal isn't just about designing great 'Mech combat - it's about fully realizing the BattleTech Universe, its characters, its factions, and its stories.

>>> HOW

With your help! The success of our last few games allows us to fund the Base Skirmish Game - but with your support BATTLETECH can become so much more. Here's how the game will expand as the campaign's funding increases. (For a full summary, see the Game Stages section below).

STAGE 1 (Already funded by Harebrained Schemes): A turn-based tactical skirmish game - command a Lance of 4 'Mechs & MechWarriors against AI opponents across a variety of battlefields.
STAGE 2 ($1,000,000): We add a full, single-player story campaign to the game.
STAGE 3 ($1,850,000): We add side-missions, procedurally-generated missions and the campaign becomes open-ended.
STAGE 4 ($2,500,000): Introduces PVP multiplayer combat in the famous arenas of Solaris VII.

BATTLETECH is in development for PC, Mac, and Linux in English and will be delivered in standard and DRM-free versions on Steam, GoG, and Humble stores. The game will also be made available in German, French, and Russian (with localized text, and audio subtitles) in a post-launch update. Other platforms and languages may be announced at a later stage. BATTLETECH is expected to launch in early 2017.
NQ50fnv.jpg

OEkOP9R.jpg

Dandain

Trakanon Raider
Please DONT suck PLEASE don't suck, you can make so much money in this game sector if you can just make something that doesn't fucking suck.

Erronius

Macho Ma'am
<Gold Donor>
I'm a little disappointed that the PVP Multiplayer will be Solaris 7.

At least they seem to be improving on their Shadowrun model. I personally felt that the lack of open ended campaigns or randomly generated missions was a blemish on an otherwise pretty good series of game clones.

OneofOne

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Appears PGI - the owners of MechWarrior Online - will be providing their models for this game. We don't know what this deal entails (what does PGI get, other than hopefully new players). The models are actually pretty good, other than they all need to be re-scaled appropriately.

Denaut

Trump's Staff
I've been trying for a couple of years now to get a Squad-Based Mech RTT MMO that I concepted (in detail) made. Maybe we can get some publisher to give us money for it now?

Arcaus_sl

shitlord
I played the single player Shadowrun game and I was not impressed. I feel like this game is going to be a disaster.

Faith

Useless lazy bastard.
I played the single player Shadowrun game and I was not impressed. I feel like this game is going to be a disaster.
I found the Shadowrun games they made were of stellar quality for what they are, and a special gold star for the tools for the community to make their own missions/campaigns.

Backed since I have some faith in that they will not fuck it up too bad. PGI-s models, as mentioned above, are actually quite nice and should work perfectly.

That being said, the game will suck if it does not reach the opend ended campaign level. The whole point of running a merc unit should be that you can play it "for ever" to build it up and modify the mechs.

Denaut

Trump's Staff
Shadowrun was decent for the budget they were working with, it was severely hurt by the fact that its core game-play was basically a worse version of the new X-Com. Keep in mind I did pick it up some time after it came out, so it might have been improved by then.

Arcaus_sl

shitlord
Shadowrun was decent for the budget they were working with, it was severely hurt by the fact that its core game-play was basically a worse version of the new X-Com. Keep in mind I did pick it up some time after it came out, so it might have been improved by then.
Yeah, I picked it up on the Steam Summer Sale. It was worth the 10 bucks or whatever I paid for it. It's just a strictly worse version of another game. So will Batteltech be just a worse version of someone else's game?

hodj

Vox Populi Jihadi
<Silver Donator>
My biggest problem with their shadowrun games is the campaigns are too short and the inability to rotate maps really grinds my gears.

Will probably back this once it clears a million

Tenks

Bronze Knight of the Realm
I'm reluctant to back this because it seems like all the stuff I'm interested in is locked behind high stretch goals. I lovedLOVEDMech Commander growing up and this seems extremely similar so I'm interested when it releases but I'm not gambling on it.

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
It'll hit at least the pvp stretch goal if that's what you're concerned about.