Beau Is Afraid

Ossoi

Tranny Chaser
0.00 star(s) Rating: 0.00/5 0 Votes
Title: Beau Is Afraid

Tagline: From his darkest fears comes the greatest adventure.

Genre: Comedy, Drama, Horror

Director: Ari Aster

Cast: Joaquin Phoenix, Parker Posey, Amy Ryan, Patti LuPone, Zoe Lister-Jones, Nathan Lane, Stephen McKinley Henderson, Kylie Rogers, Michael Gandolfini, Richard Kind, Joe Cobden, Denis Ménochet, Hayley Squires, Stephanie Herrera, Julia Antonelli, Mike Taylor, Ryan S. Hill, Lily Bird, Richard Jutras, Anana Rydvald, Bradley Fisher, Armen Nahapetian, Maev Beaty, Michael Hearn, Bentley Hughes, Lisa McCormack

Release: 2023-12-05

Plot: As for the plot of “Beau Is Afraid,” Aster continues to work in his usual dread-filled vein. Dubbed “a decades-spanning surrealist horror film set in an alternate present,” Joaquin Phoenix stars as a super-successful entrepreneur dealing with supernatural threats. The film also stars Nathan Lane, Patti LuPone, Amy Ryan, and Kylie Rogers. Armen Nahapetian plays a younger version of Phoenix’s Beau. Parker Posey, Stephen McKinley Henderson, Denis Ménochet, Hayley Squires, and Michael Gandolfini also star. Zoe Lister-Jones and Richard Kind round out the main cast.

Adebisi

Clump of Cells
<Silver Donator>
Ari Aster

Let's see if he can do three great movies in a row

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Dr.Retarded

<Silver Donator>
Definitely looks like departure from his other films, but I'm sure it'll be worth a watch. Hereditary is probably my favorite horror flick of the past decade. Midsummer was alright, but still leaps and bounds better than most Hollywood garbage.

Thanks for posting Ossoi Ossoi . Had no clue he had another film on the way.

Adebisi

Clump of Cells
<Silver Donator>
Saw last night

It's quite surreal.

Charlie Kaufman's Synecdoche New York kinda surreal vibe.

The first act was really good imo but I had a hard time liking everything else. Just so long and strange.

Very very long

Dr.Retarded

<Silver Donator>
Saw last night

It's quite surreal.

Charlie Kaufman's Synecdoche New York kinda surreal vibe.

The first act was really good imo but I had a hard time liking everything else. Just so long and strange.

Very very long
Man I don't want to click on your spoiler deal.

How was your overall opinion of the movie though? Got to give us a spoilers free review.

Juvarisx

Florida
Man I don't want to click on your spoiler deal.

How was your overall opinion of the movie though? Got to give us a spoilers free review.

I am not sure you even can, this movie was fucking WEIRD. I loved it, I hated it, I sat there and thought how is this a thing, then thought I am so happy this is a thing, which changed to WHY IS THING A THING.

I'd wait till its free if you do not like Art House movies, cause this may be the ultimate one.

• 1Like

Dr.Retarded

<Silver Donator>
I am not sure you even can, this movie was fucking WEIRD. I loved it, I hated it, I sat there and thought how is this a thing, then thought I am so happy this is a thing, which changed to WHY IS THING A THING.

I'd wait till its free if you do not like Art House movies, cause this may be the ultimate one.
I'm definitely going to watch it because I love all of his other films, was just more curious what the overall consent is about it.

Juvarisx

Florida
I'm definitely going to watch it because I love all of his other films, was just more curious what the overall consent is about it.

Mine is I defiantly like it more today then I did last night leaving the theater. Its funny though the best one line take I have heard was " I loved it and Ill never watch it again", which is probably really accurate once I fully digest the film.

Hereditary is still his best film, but he has a lot lot lot more to say with this one.

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

Dr.Retarded

<Silver Donator>
Mine is I defiantly like it more today then I did last night leaving the theater. Its funny though the best one line take I have heard was " I loved it and Ill never watch it again", which is probably really accurate once I fully digest the film.

Hereditary is still his best film, but he has a lot lot lot more to say with this one.
Right on. I think that sums up everything I was looking for. I remember watching hereditary in the movie theater walked out and it took me a while to digest, and I talked about it with people but didn't rewatch the movie until maybe earlier this year. I enjoyed it just as much on the second viewing, if not a little bit more because it gave me the space to sit and connect more of a dots, if that makes sense.

I don't go to the movie theater anymore so I guess I'll have to wait for it to come out on streaming, but I'll definitely check it out if it's that sort of experience.

Thank you, sir!

• 1Like

Adebisi

Clump of Cells
<Silver Donator>
Did you like say...

I'm thinking of ending things?

That's the type of strange you're gonna get. It felt a little indulgent.

I need to watch it again. I'm mixed today

elidib

Vyemm Raider
This was a pure trippy mindfuck.

Just when you think "oh hey maybe they're gonna show what it's all about and wrap it up with an ending that makes sense of what I just saw" the movie doubles down on the just absolute WTF.

And then it triples down on it for good measure.

• 1Like
Movie information in first post provided by The Movie Database