I like the four roses the best of the 3 so far

IMG_20200713_214202.jpg

• 3Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 3 users

lgarthy

<Silver Donator>
OMG

Love this thread. I am a huge fan of brown liquor! Not a fan of Lagvulin 16, however-- too smokey and aromatous. Love Macallan 12 and Redbreast. But I'm no snob. Plain ol' Dewers has made me happy more times than I can count.

• 2Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

slippery

<Bronze Donator>
OMG

Love this thread. I am a huge fan of brown liquor! Not a fan of Lagvulin 16, however-- too smokey and aromatous. Love Macallan 12 and Redbreast. But I'm no snob. Plain ol' Dewers has made me happy more times than I can count.
They have one finished in a Caribbean rum cask that's solid (Edit: Dewars that is)

Kiroy

Marine Biologist
<Bronze Donator>
If you like that you should try the four roses small batch select. Great stuff

Seconded on the small batch select, but as a life long bourbon drinker (and I think i've popped in here to say this before), Evan Williams is a great cheap sippen bourbon if you like them on the less sugary side. Since it's essentially a rail drink, it gets overlooked by people who have some money to spend and are getting into bourbon since it's so cheap. Even though I have always keep some basil haydens and a couple "new try" bottles around, I almost always go back to Evan Williams as my evening sippen drink.

Also, makers mark is sugary trash.

Ishad

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Seconded on the small batch select, but as a life long bourbon drinker (and I think i've popped in here to say this before), Evan Williams is a great cheap sippen bourbon if you like them on the less sugary side. Since it's essentially a rail drink, it gets overlooked by people who have some money to spend and are getting into bourbon since it's so cheap. Even though I have always keep some basil haydens and a couple "new try" bottles around, I almost always go back to Evan Williams as my evening sippen drink.
I’m convinced Evan Williams white label and old grand dad 114 are the best values in bourbon.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

fris

Vyemm Raider
I've been on a quest for a Rye that's better than Michter's, haven't found one yet. Nor have I found something better than Oban for scotch
20200720_203127.jpg

Last edited:
  • 1Like

JOESAN21

<Gold Donor>
I've been on a quest for a Rye that's better than Michter's, haven't found one yet. Nor have I found something better than Oban for scotchView attachment 286918

have you tried Stranahan’sColorado Rye? It’s really good medium body whiskey. Nice to sip and not a total waste in mixed drinks (price point wise)
If you love Oban you need to try Kilkerren.

image.jpg

Last edited:

JOESAN21

<Gold Donor>
The 12 is smooth. Try to let it open for a few minutes, little splash of water. The 8 is barrel strength and really good. You can really play with the water with that one.

E2F74B3E-EB28-409B-BF1F-86BE71BE41F0.jpeg

Siliconemelons

I want to love wiskey - but I have not developed a taste for it straight / rocks.

I have enjoyed and old fashion so I was piqued by Facebook ad for Low and Slow Rock and Rye.

I must have destroyed my taste buds as a kid with warheads or something...

I don't really taste orange, or honey... it tastes like wiskey - but one that I... "like" ? So i guess that's good... I guess all those added things to make it do make the flavor where I like it...but I still don't /taste/ the individual things.

Lots of reviews say it has a harsh orange - like orange liquor added to rye wiskey... I just don't taste it... /shrug/

Hurm, I'll drink it :)

bottle_shot_rectangle.png

slippery

<Bronze Donator>
I want to love wiskey - but I have not developed a taste for it straight / rocks.

I have enjoyed and old fashion so I was piqued by Facebook ad for Low and Slow Rock and Rye.

I must have destroyed my taste buds as a kid with warheads or something...

I don't really taste orange, or honey... it tastes like wiskey - but one that I... "like" ? So i guess that's good... I guess all those added things to make it do make the flavor where I like it...but I still don't /taste/ the individual things.

Lots of reviews say it has a harsh orange - like orange liquor added to rye wiskey... I just don't taste it... /shrug/

Hurm, I'll drink it :)

View attachment 289814
Try like Woodford Reserve Rye or Basil Hayden and see if you like those

• 1Like

Guurn

<Bronze Donator>
20190703_220212.jpg

I wish I could make it my daily drinker, as it is a buddy brought me just this one. It was delicious.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Burren

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
  • 1Like