Stave

Potato del Grande
0.00 star(s) Rating: 0.00/5 1 Votes
Title: Beetlejuice 2

Genre: Horror, Fantasy, Comedy

Director: Tim Burton

Cast: Michael Keaton, Winona Ryder

Release: 2019

Plot: This is a follow-up to the comedy Beetlejuice (1988), about a ghost who's recruited to help haunt a house.

chaos

Buzzfeed Editor
No, that is the opposite of what they need to do. This movie is going to be awful. What about hollywood in general or Burton's recent work makes you have any hope about this at all?

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Silence_sl

shitlord
I can see this. Burton will wind up replacing Baldwin/Davis with Depp/Carter because it's been almost 3 weeks since Burton had either Depp or Carter in a film.

Stave

Potato del Grande
It will just be nice to see Michael Keaton Beetlejuicing it up again. Always been a fan of Michael Keaton. I am tired of remakes like Total Recall and shit lately. It seems like they are just remaking every movie and losing what originally made it good. At least sequels with the original actors give me some hope. Like the new Dumb and Dumber to. Rather than trying to remake a classic.

Haven't followed Tim Burton recently, so not sure what shit he is making now days, but I did love his older stuff like Batman, Beetlejuice, Edward Scissorhands, and of course PeeWee. I know Sweeney Todd sucked, but I don't think I have seen any of his other movies in years.

chaos

Buzzfeed Editor
I agree, I am tired of remakes, and I also really like Michael Keaton. But I would much rather Burton try to come up with something original for Keaton. Keaton is a badass actor with amazing range, he can do all kinds of shit. This just seems like a money grab to me, like Burton trying to prop up his later career after a couple of failures.

Silence_sl

shitlord
Haven't followed Tim Burton recently, so not sure what shit he is making now days, but I did love his older stuff like Batman, Beetlejuice, Edward Scissorhands, and of course PeeWee. I know Sweeney Todd sucked, but I don't think I have seen any of his other movies in years.
He's pretty much been making the same stuff over and over again with the same people, but in different costumes and movie titles.

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
I saw Beetlejuice in the theater. It was the first VHS I ever owned. I still listen to Harry Bellafonte from time to time.

I predict terrible CGI that will completely ruin my childhood memories of the film.

Homsar

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Big fish was awesome but then again it wasn't depp/carter and his stupid colors

Juvarisx

Florida
I remember the original sequel was Beetlejuice goes Hawaiian. Wonder if they are still doing that haha.

BoldW

Molten Core Raider
Bringing back Harrison Ford as Indiana Jones 20 years older really worked out well, and that's about how long it's been since Burton put out anything new and/or decent. I expect Crystal Skull quality.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
its a given that this will be a CGI fest. just because its more convenient to do so. and judging by the decline in burton's writing and directing abilities over the last 20 years, i have very little faith in this being awesome, if any of his movies are watchable its purely because johnny depp saves his ass each and every time, but hes gone to that well far too often. ill give it a shot. bring on lydia dietz

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
I don't think they ever said in the cartoon how Lydia and Beetlejuice became friends, but I would only be interested in this movie if it made the cartoon canon with the two movies. Like maybe a Peter Pan kinda thing where Beetlejuice and Lydia fell out of touch but now he's back to be friends with her kid(s). Or maybe a more original plot where Lydia is still friends with Beetlejuice and still goes on wacky adventures in the Neitherworld with him. Or maybe it's like my first idea but instead of Lydia's kid(s), he needs Lydia's help with something in the Neitherworld for whatever reason.

I don't really care, as long as they don't say the cartoon never happened.

Phazael

Confirmed Beta Shitlord, Fat Bastard
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Burton has done alright. Dark Shadows was actually a decent movie, but they released it at the same time as Avengers which was a death sentence to any movie that summer. I can honestly say that nothing I have seen by him recently has been unwatchable. Its actually Depp that's in the slump right now, and one of epic proportions.

After seeing Birdman, I actually think there is a chance this could be awesome, as long as they let Keaton be himself and stick with mostly stop motion and practical effects.

Movie information in first post provided by The Movie Database