Ben Harper

Elsebet

Peasant
Anyone else a fan?

I first heard just a snippet of his songSteal my Kisseson NPR. This was probably back in 2004-ish when I was playing Anarchy Online. I still associate a lot of his earlier songs (Alone, Diamonds on the Inside, etc) with that game since I listened to pirated mp3's while I played.

Now that I'm all grown up I of course purchased every album and listen to his stuff at least a few times a week. My favorite live album is Live From Mars, I listen toAlonefrom that album so often because I love Juan Nelson's bass lines. As a former amateur bassist I only dream of playing like him.

He is coming to a few places in 2015 that are near me (Vancouver, BC and Oregon) and I might try to go to one of his concerts.

Olscratch

tour de salt
<Banned>
Ive been a fan for about a decade now. Check out his album with harmonica virtuoso Charlie Musslewhite.

Here's two of my favs from the album.

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
I think that's the only one a lot of people have. It's only one I ever see on other folks' music collections.

Moebiwan

shitlord
I'm a fan although I don't love everything he does. The good stuff is really good, and if he'd just stick to not trying to rock out too hard, he'd be all win.
Burn To Shine is my personal favorite album of his, and Both Sides of the Gun is pretty awesome as well.