Berserk arc III

Punko

Macho Ma'am
<Rickshaw Potatoes>
Is some fucked up movie.

I suggest starting with the 1st one if you into these kind of movies.

III is a huge step upwards in the violence department, and I & II weren't really tame to begin with.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt2210479/?ref_=sr_2is the first one, not much info out on the 3rd yet, but there is a version out with decent english subs (commie)

Asmadai

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Huge step up? Damn this torrent can't download fast enough. Been waiting months for this shit.

Dioblaire

And now my Watch has ended...
<Donor>
I got a version from IPTorrents. But whoever subbed it needs to learn how to do it better... Couldn't watch it : /

Punko

Macho Ma'am
<Rickshaw Potatoes>
The commie version was good visually (720p?), sound is perfect, subs are decent enough, just some comments that go along with the subs that aren't desireable imo. (explaining references made to earlier movies).

Xexx

Vyemm Raider
Think i saw the "Cancer" version, didnt reallly mind the subs - i was too busy looking at the dismembering going on.

Disp_sl

shitlord
This third arc was so well done, and was superior to the anime. The anime was just a complete disaster with the demon part of the story and very little was actually resolved by the end. Anime felt like there were 1-2 episodes that were left out.

The whole new movie series was great, but this last one was the best by far.

Sulrn

Deuces
So for those of us that watched the series on netflix back in 2009ish, are we finally caught up and past the rape scene or what?

Or do I still need to wait out another year or so to watch the reboot and get past where the original ended?

Disp_sl

shitlord
So for those of us that watched the series on netflix back in 2009ish, are we finally caught up and past the rape scene or what?

Or do I still need to wait out another year or so to watch the reboot and get past where the original ended?
Are they remaking the actual anime series? There is about 30 minutes of story past the rape scene that we never saw in the anime, and the skull knight was in this. Overall it added a significant amount of story so the ending finally made a lot more sense than it did in the anime.

Derpa

Trakanon Raider
Are they remaking the actual anime series? There is about 30 minutes of story past the rape scene that we never saw in the anime, and the skull knight was in this. Overall it added a significant amount of story so the ending finally made a lot more sense than it did in the anime.
The end of it makes me think and hope they will finally do something past the golden arc

Joe_sl

shitlord
Yea it covered the tv series ending and added a little at the end which explained how Guts survived. Still worth watching it cause the art in this one is jaw dropping.
I thought they would have added this:
They still left out the full rescue scene from the manga. Its when Guts slays the group of kushan assassins from earlier at the dungeon escape and when Wyld pursues Guts after they leave the castle. It woulda shown why Guts wasn't so freaked out at the eclipse and why he could handle himself against those monsters.

Balroc

Molten Core Raider
so when are they going to start covering shit that wasn't in the anime? this was probably the best of the three though. the 3d camera/animations were terrible in the first 2 parts so i`m glad they dropped it in the third one or at least it wasn't as noticeable.

i want them to go to where the anime started and guts killed that demon governor and go from there.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
we'll probably never have anymore of the story, it's so convoluted i think the anime ppl are afraid of approaching it, to the point that the only "new" material you saw from the old anime series to the new movies was the 30minutes of epilogue footage really, heck they went so fast with that we don't even know the origins of his magnet hand cannon or the dragon demon claymore.

ubiquitrips

Golden Knight of the Realm
The end of it makes me think and hope they will finally do something past the golden arc
Based on the opening of each of the movies where I believe it shows Schierke as well as Farnese it looks like they intend to take it past the end of the anime and bring it inline with the manga.

They could probably start attacking the manga and get 3 or more movies to get up to where it is currently. Could be more but I haven't read the manga in quite a while. I fell off when things started getting super crazy (mermaids, sea monsters, etc) and was impatient for releases which didn't come fast enough.

That was about a year ago tough.

Dandai

<WoW Guild Officer>
<Gold Donor>
I forgot I had never actually watched this due to the unbearable subs available when I first downloaded it.Theseare excellent if you're still looking for subs.

Dioblaire

And now my Watch has ended...
<Donor>
Thanks for the reminder on this. Downloaded it when it first came out and the subs were unreadable.

Himeo

Vyemm Raider
Based on the opening of each of the movies where I believe it shows Schierke as well as Farnese it looks like they intend to take it past the end of the anime and bring it inline with the manga.

They could probably start attacking the manga and get 3 or more movies to get up to where it is currently. Could be more but I haven't read the manga in quite a while. I fell off when things started getting super crazy (mermaids, sea monsters, etc) and was impatient for releases which didn't come fast enough.

That was about a year ago tough.
They haven't updated in more than a year now. But that arc did end in a crazy awesome way.
(Guts is eaten by Cthuhlu. His armor keeps him alive long enough for Guts to murder the old God from the inside out with Shrieke giving him advice like Obi Won did for Luke in A New Hope.