Best Credit Card with Cash Back Rewards

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Haus

<Silver Donator>
Thanks. With how much I use Amazon I think it may be worth it for me..
It's great, it goes into "points" which you can redeem for various gift cards (at 1 point = $.01) , or apply to balance (i.e. cash back), or spend at amazon (also 1pt = $.01).
5% at Amazon (includes at Whole Foods if you also have a Prime membership)
2% at Restaurants and Gas Stations.
1% Everywhere else.

Has a laundry list of other side benefits. (including roadside assistance) and best of all.. $0 annual fee.

Locnar

<Bronze Donator>
Lets see.

A chase slate edge card for almost everything because they are giving me zero percent for 21 months. I just could not help myself , let them eat the inflation on this zero interest debt for a good two years.

Tractor Supply Card gives 5 percent back and i'll start using it again for that once I'm done with the slate edge. Between tractor supply price matching, giving 5 percent off bulk purchases, and this card, I save a ton of money on my feed bills.

Amazon card for Amazon purchases, gives 5 percent back. Tied to my amazon prime account.

Recently a costco opened up very close to me so I got their membership and card. 4 percent back on gas and their gas is already cheapest (by 20 cents) around by far so looking forward to a lot of gas savings from here on out. ALSO, costco card has no foreign transaction fees , so I can use it when I'm international too and not have to carry that stupid airline specific card around anymore. This maybe my "go to" card to use once I'm done with the slate edge and just pay it off each month.

What I NEED to do, and should have done years ago, is look into and get a Hilton and Marriot card/loyalty program to get the introduction benefits and then start getting stay credits for all the nights I spend in hotels (I work for an airline). I'm shaking my head thinking about all the points I could have built up so far.

Anyone have insight on the Hilton and/or marriot cards?

Tmac

Adventurer
<Gold Donor>
Lets see.

A chase slate edge card for almost everything because they are giving me zero percent for 21 months. I just could not help myself , let them eat the inflation on this zero interest debt for a good two years.

Tractor Supply Card gives 5 percent back and i'll start using it again for that once I'm done with the slate edge. Between tractor supply price matching, giving 5 percent off bulk purchases, and this card, I save a ton of money on my feed bills.

Amazon card for Amazon purchases, gives 5 percent back. Tied to my amazon prime account.

Recently a costco opened up very close to me so I got their membership and card. 4 percent back on gas and their gas is already cheapest (by 20 cents) around by far so looking forward to a lot of gas savings from here on out. ALSO, costco card has no foreign transaction fees , so I can use it when I'm international too and not have to carry that stupid airline specific card around anymore. This maybe my "go to" card to use once I'm done with the slate edge and just pay it off each month.

What I NEED to do, and should have done years ago, is look into and get a Hilton and Marriot card/loyalty program to get the introduction benefits and then start getting stay credits for all the nights I spend in hotels (I work for an airline). I'm shaking my head thinking about all the points I could have built up so far.

Anyone have insight on the Hilton and/or marriot cards?

I have like a million points on a Marriot Bonvoy card. Just waiting to drop em on a week ski trip.

There is a monster fee that drops in like year 3 ish? $650 I wasn’t expecting, but I’m not actually sure if it was for the card bc the line item just said “annual fee” and I’m assuming it was for the card and not some association.

Captain Suave

Caesar si viveret, ad remum dareris.
Until 12/4 you can get $200 for signing up for the Amazon Prime card. I just got it. I like my Costco Citi card for everything else, but it's hard to beat 5% + $200 on Amazon.

Burnem Wizfyre

Log Wizard
Until 12/4 you can get $200 for signing up for the Amazon Prime card. I just got it. I like my Costco Citi card for everything else, but it's hard to beat 5% + $200 on Amazon.

They like to in increase the limit on that thing all the time, have had that card for 3 years started at 4K limit and it’s at 35k now lol

• 1Truth!
Reactions: 1 user

joz123

Potato del Grande
Wasn't Araysar Araysar the top cc cashback expert? Mossad got to him?
Season 9 No GIF by The Office

• 2Worf
Reactions: 1 users