Votes: 3 5.5%
  • Mad Max: Fury Road

Votes: 32 58.2%
  • Some wrong answer.

Votes: 20 36.4%

• Total voters

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
return of the king really did hurt the franchise. it even has that silly girl power moment. its also in the book, its still stupid. they didnt mean a man couldnt kill the witch king, it means man as in mortal humans. or so i thought. why gender mattered i dunno. that was awfully specific.
prophecy talking GIF by South Park
It was a straight rip off of the “none of woman born” line from Macbeth anyway. Just trick wordplay for a deus ex machina.

god yall are fucking clowns. It was Merry and his Barrow-blade that caused the fall of the Witch-King and he even spells it out for you a page or two later. Yes they changed it to pretty much full on girl-power in the movie but don't shit talk Tolkien's work if you're just ignorant.

"So passed the sword of the Barrow-downs, work of Westernesse. But glad would he have been to know its fate who wrought it slowly long ago in the North-kingdom when the Dunedain were young, and chief among their foes was the dread realm of Angmar and its sorcerer king. No other blade, not though mightier hands had wielded it, would have dealt that foe a wound so bitter, cleaving the undead flesh, breaking the spell that knit his unseen sinews to his will."

• 3Like
  • 1EyeRoll
Reactions: 3 users

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
god yall are fucking clowns. It was Merry and his Barrow-blade that caused the fall of the Witch-King and he even spells it out for you a page or two later. Yes they changed it to pretty much full on girl-power in the movie but don't shit talk Tolkien's work if you're just ignorant.

"So passed the sword of the Barrow-downs, work of Westernesse. But glad would he have been to know its fate who wrought it slowly long ago in the North-kingdom when the Dunedain were young, and chief among their foes was the dread realm of Angmar and its sorcerer king. No other blade, not though mightier hands had wielded it, would have dealt that foe a wound so bitter, cleaving the undead flesh, breaking the spell that knit his unseen sinews to his will."
i havent read the LOTR since the early 90s. i thought it was said no man could kill the witch king. i wasnt ignorant. just forgetful.

• 1WTF
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
i havent read the LOTR since the early 90s. i thought it was said no man could kill the witch king. i wasnt ignorant. just forgetful.

"Men" refers to the race created by Iluvatar, not 'Males'. Hobbits are not part of the race of Men and afaik their origin is never clearly laid out, they just sorta moved into Eriador one day.

• 1Like
  • 1Edgelord

TomServo

<Bronze Donator>
Mad Max : Fury Road and The Martian are two solid movies that I rated 3 out of four stars. Here is a raw list of titles I rated 4 out of 4 stars between 2005 and now and I also added into the list some films that were not in there but were in my Top 20 of the 2010s as well as some films seen in film festivals. The years might sometime differ from the actual year of production. The titles are the original titles or the international titles, so.... google is your friend.

Many different styles of movies in there from a lot of different parts of the world, but I guess the US, France and Japan are the most represented. Some films are very well known and easy to see, some might be difficult to find with english subtitles. Enjoy !

3 Faces (2018)
5 Centimeters per Second (2009)
Baahubali 2: The Conclusion (2017)
Birdman (2015)
Black Coal Thin Ice (2014)
Black Swan (2011)
Carol (2016)
Children of Men (2006)
Kung Fu Hustle (2005)
Demain et tous les autres jours (2017)
Fast Food Nation (2007)
Flying Sword 3D (2012)
Ghost Graduation - Promoción fantasma (2013)
Hanagatami (2017)
Hesher (2011)
Himizu (2012)
Historias Extraordinarias (2014)
I Am Not Madam Bovary (2017)
Inception (2010)
JCVD (2008)
Joy (2015)
Kokurikozaka kara (2012)
L'exercice de l'État (2011)
The Taking of Tiger Mountain (2015)
La Flor (2019)
La isla minima (2015)
The Life Aquatic with Steve Zissou (2005)
Le nom des gens (2010)
The New World (2005)
The Time That Remains (2010)
Les adieux à la reine (2012)
Life Finds a Way (2020)
Mistérios de Lisboa (2011)
Margin Call (2012)
Melancholia (2011)
Midnight in Paris (2011)
Mogarino Mori (2008)
Neruda (2017)
Nobody Knows (2005)
Nostalgia de la luz (2011)
Nymphomaniac Part 1 (2014)
Omoide no Marnie (2015)
One Cut of The Dead (2017)
Ookami Kodomo no Ame to Yuki - Wolf Children (2014)
Oslo, 31. august (2012)
Pee Mak (2014)
People Mountain People Sea (2012)
Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Man's Chest (2006)
Portrait de la jeune fille en feu (2019)
Reprise (2008)
Rocky Balboa (2007)
Rois et reine (2005)
Sayazamurai - Scabbard Samurai (2012)
Scott Pilgrim vs the World (2010)
Sieranevada (2016)
Son of Saul (2015)
Stellet Licht (2008)
Summer Palace (2007)
Sunset (2019)
Super 8 (2011)
Taxi Tehran (2015)
Soshite chichi ni naru (2013)
The Attorney (2014)
The Cabin in the Woods (2012)
The Childhood of a Leader (2017)
The Darjeeling Limited (2008)
The Death of Stalin (2018)
The Duke of Burgundy (2014)
The Raid (2011)
The Rebirth (2009)
The Thieves (2013)
The Tree of Life (2011)
The Wrestler (2009)
Tokyo Sonata (2009)
Un peuple et son roi (2018)
V tumane (2013)
Valhalla Rising (2010)
Venus Talk (2014)
Why Don't You Play in Hell (2014)
Your Name - Kimi no na wa (2017)
Youth - Fang hua (2017)
Valhalla rising? Retarded euro faggotry.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Burns

Golden Baronet of the Realm
1. LOTR: The Two Towers
2. The Departed
3. No Country for Old Men
4. Gangs of New York

The Martian was alright, but I never had the urge to rewatch it. Mad Max is great, but it will never approach the rewatchablity of a whole host of other movies, for me.

• 4Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 4 users

pysek

It Didn't Happen, It Should've, and It Will.
<Gold Donor>
Without a doubt the most enjoyable, pure "action" movie to come out since probably T2(I'd say The Matrix, but The Matrix has a lot of philosophical shit in-between action scenes). It had just enough nods to the comic without being campy as fuck. The, "And as for you Mama...judgement time!" gets me every fucking time. The movie was also the best 3D experience I've had in a movie since Avatar. The whole "slow-mo" drug story was enhanced heavily by 3D.

John Wick was a very close second.
Matrix has not aged well. At all.

• 1Pathetic

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
Matrix has not aged well. At all.
I still find the first one enjoyable, despite all the Jesus allegories and religious/philosophical undertones. Plus, I have a shitload of nostalgia for that movie because I was 14 when it came out, it blew my fucking mind (that opening Trinity sequence at the age of 14 and having never seen it before? Holy fucking shit. People forget how utterly mindblowing that was in 1999), and I saw it 7 times in the theaters - partly because I loved it and partly because it was one of the few places I could finger blast my girlfriend.

The 2nd and 3rd movies really fucking cheapened the whole thing, however.

Last edited:
  • 1Solidarity
  • 1Like

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
Does the Witch King do anything cool in the books? He doesn't do anything in the films and then dies like a bitch.

• 2Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 2 users

Mudcrush Durtfeet

Hungry Ogre
Does the Witch King do anything cool in the books? He doesn't do anything in the films and then dies like a bitch.
He blows up the gate of Gondor.

There was a good scene in FotR where all the Nazgul try to summon Frodo to them and he tells them off.

• 3Garbage

Khane

Got something right about marriage
Best comedy: Tucker and Dale vs Evil
Best drama: Don't know but I'll throw Blue Ruin into the ring.

• 2Like
  • 1Garbage

Aychamo BanBan

<Banned>
1. Infinity War / Endgame
2. Interstellar
3. Life Aquatic
4. Portrait of a Lady on Fire
5. FOTR / ROTK
6. Hereditary

(I really need to rewatch BR2049 and MM:FR because I know yall love them, just haven't seen them since initial release.)

• 1Garbage
  • 1Seriously?
  • 1Dislike

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
There's an extended scene in the movie where he shatters Gandalf's staff and is about to kill him when Rohan shows up and he's like 'oh I guess I wont take the ten seconds to finish you off before I go deal with this new threat on the battlefield'. He's also the one who stabs Frodo, although obviously any of the Nine could have done that.

• 1Like

Locnar

<Bronze Donator>
"Men" refers to the race created by Iluvatar, not 'Males'. Hobbits are not part of the race of Men and afaik their origin is never clearly laid out, they just sorta moved into Eriador one day.

Actually Hobbits are indeed Men (humans), just a different race/breed.

Locnar

<Bronze Donator>
Where is this officially confirmed and not just a theory/suspected?

When Bilbo is sharing his poetry with some elves in Rivendell he asks them to try and pick out which of the words were his and which were the Rangers, and the elves tell him they can't tell. He says something like the words taste as different as carrots and peas, and the elf says they are the same, just a small pea and a large pea.

Tolkien discusses it too and outright says Halflings are a kind of man. I'll look for the quote. edit, here it is:

The Hobbits are, of course, really meant to be a branch of the specifically human race (not Elves or Dwarves) – hence the two kinds can dwell together (as at Bree), and are called just the Big Folk and Little Folk. They are entirely without non-human powers, but are represented as being more in touch with 'nature' (the soil and other living things, plants and animals), and abnormally, for humans, free from ambition or greed of wealth.
  • Letter 131, The Letters of JRR Tolkien

Last edited:

Ridas

Pay to play forum
Hell or High Water and Wind River should be mentioned aswell.

• 2Like
  • 1Solidarity

Sterling

El Presidente
Soon this thread will be the list of 237 movies that have come out in the last 20 years that someone on this forum doesn't hate.

• 3Like

chaos

Buzzfeed Editor
Well the correct answer was Fury Road and someone already gave it so we have to move on to just shooting the shit I guess.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
Soon this thread will be the list of 237 movies that have come out in the last 20 years that someone on this forum doesn't hate.
Maybe if Mist had included more than 2 choices we could have gotten less write ins.

• 1Salty
  • 1Like