Best wifi adapter for picking up weak signals?

Pasteton

Blackwing Lair Raider
I game from my office and there is unprotected wifi about 75 feet and two thickwalls away. Currently I am doing ok with the 1-2 bars I'm getting but every so often it drops which is frustrating. Rights now i use a netgear a6200 ac1200 dualband but was wondering if anyone had suggestions on a better option. Thanks!

Zodiac

Lord Nagafen Raider
rrr_img_45000.jpg

Pasteton

Blackwing Lair Raider
How do I get that to work? Do I just put it next to my adapter?
At target buying pizza flavor Pringles now. Do I need to empty it first?
frown.png

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
Yes, you need to empty the pringles can first. Dried potato starch is not conducive to transmitting wireless signals.

As for the cooking spider, you stick the wifi adapter through the middle of strainer such that it acts as a parabolic dish. You have to get the placement relatively accurate.

http://www.usbwifi.orconhosting.net.nz/

Luthair

Lord Nagafen Raider
I game from my office and there is unprotected wifi about 75 feet and two thickwalls away. Currently I am doing ok with the 1-2 bars I'm getting but every so often it drops which is frustrating. Rights now i use a netgear a6200 ac1200 dualband but was wondering if anyone had suggestions on a better option. Thanks!
Google seems to suggest this is a USB adapter, very unlikely you can attach an external antenna to this device. Normally you'd want to replace a stock antenna with -Newegg.com - Computer Hardware, Networking, Wireless Networking, Wireless Accessories, Antenna

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
For my senior design we bought some high gain antennas. Our professor did some math proving how good the Pringles cans wouldve been but I no longer have it

Pasteton

Blackwing Lair Raider
For my senior design we bought some high gain antennas. Our professor did some math proving how good the Pringles cans wouldve been but I no longer have it
How should the Pringles can be positioned relative to the wifi adapter? Should I just stick it in the can?

Edit - nvm just watched a YouTube video. Excited to see if this works! And have to find a good hiding place if coworkers stop by

Pasteton

Blackwing Lair Raider
How should the Pringles can be positioned relative to the wifi adapter? Should I just stick it in the can?

Edit - nvm just watched a YouTube video. Excited to see if this works! And have to find a good hiding place if coworkers stop by
Actually I do have one question - the adapter I bought already has an extendable antenna. So when I attach it to the Pringles can, I imagine i have to do connect it to the adapter's antenna specifically, correct?