Betrayer

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
Anyone pick this up yet?

Save 10% on Betrayer on Steam

I am watching a stream. So far looks like it has good exploration and investigative questing... A little on the creep side with the story.

A colony vanished in the 1600's Virginia and you are sent to figure out what happened.

Szlia

That's very intriguing... the idea is a great one. Sadly I don't think my old machine can run it :/

Utnayan

<Gold Donor>
^^ Yeah I bought it. I like it. Trip report tomorrow I have to get some sleep.

Utnayan

<Gold Donor>
Ok so the game (I also recommend what Daidraco recommended since there isn't a demo)

You land at Virginia via shipwreck on a beach. Through that, you are now tasked finding out what happened to the colony that vanished. There are some things I have not figured out yet, but you have bow and arrows and melee weapons so far. You can crouch in the grass and wait until wind picks up to make sure you are easily able to sneak up to enemies and headshot them. The combat is very responsive so far.

You will come across a village and start investigative quests. You don't get a lot of hand holding. It's like a first person puzzle adventure game while you figure out what had happened to the colony. Some were killed by Spaniards. But there is a supernatural element to the game. So without any spoilers, you are pretty much thrust into this action/adventure combat/puzzle game. The game itself seems to be all black and white with an exception that when I would ring a bell, it would reverse and I was able to see different things on the ground/interact with one ghost so far (Not right away. That's one of the first puzzles) and I am sent to find his wife, which we hasn't seen in a long time.

The atmosphere so far is very good. Some creepy music, replicate weapons/sounds from the era, and an overall feeling of curiosity/finding out what happened to the colony.

Overall, if you like games like The Secret World and the haunted quests, you may want to check it out. It's a completely different game then what I have played lately, so I like it just on that alone it is somehting more fresh than what I am used too. You get loot, you can buy items, but if you die, you get one chance to gather your loot similar to Dark Souls. If you die again, you lose all your money. So there is going to be a since of challenge and dread if you die more than once.

Overall, fairly happy with it. As I play it more tonight I will be able to write more. Impressed so far, which as you know, is hard. Ha
smile.png

mixtilplix

Lord Nagafen Raider
The color options was added after the game was released so if you have an older version of the game you will not see the options in the menu. When you hit escape and bring up the save menu while playing you will see a down arrow that opens up the color options. It has three sliders you can adjust. Just started playing it. Pretty decent game. The sounds are scary as fuck. Game could have used some good voice actors.