Beverly Hills Cop: Axel Foley

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
It really is amazing how much the world has changed in so relatively short a time.

And BHC3 was ass. It felt like we went from BHC1 -> Peewee Herman.
at least 94 was a good year for other movies and a movie ticket was only 3 or 5 dollars. so not a big waste of money seeing it.

Falstaff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Didn't he fall out of the rankings during that mess with his divorce and then come back and climb to the top again? and then after his injury and surgeries he was playing at a pretty high level again until the crash.
Yes

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
Didn't he fall out of the rankings during that mess with his divorce and then come back and climb to the top again? and then after his injury and surgeries he was playing at a pretty high level again until the crash.

oh yeah forgot he got shitty twice.

Bad analogy then

Vinjin

Lord Nagafen Raider
My buddy and I always talk about how great movies like Trading Places and 48 hours were back in the day. Absolute classics with Murphy in his prime.

But you couldn't make either of those movies today without absolute and total PC/woke bullshit, which would make them hot garbage.

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Goatface

My buddy and I always talk about how great movies like Trading Places and 48 hours were back in the day. Absolute classics with Murphy in his prime.

But you couldn't make either of those movies today without absolute and total PC/woke bullshit, which would make them hot garbage.

the brothers behind uncut gems announced in 2017 they were going to remake 48 hrs, then couple years later gave up on it. supposedly paramount is still working on it.

earlier this year
1662228032332.png
would think the blonde would take jlc roll, but looks like they went with a tranny
eddie got gendered swapped, dan = bryce

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
After he got married in '93 he became unfunny. I heard he was watching his own movies by the mid 90's in his home theater.

He'd have a few people over, often times a female guest to impress, and watch his own movies in the basement. Behavior of someone who's hanging their hat up basically. He was done being funny.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
After he got married in '93 he became unfunny. I heard he was watching his own movies by the mid 90's in his home theater.

He'd have a few people over, often times a female guest to impress, and watch his own movies in the basement. Behavior of someone who's hanging their hat up basically. He was done being funny.
i honestly think he reached the biggest and funniest he would ever become with Coming to America and Raw and just said, yeah i can coast now. the exception being the first Nutty Professor movie and perhaps Shrek. why he got off his ass to be funny for those two movies and not the half dozen others around that time i have no idea. maybe those roles interested him and shit like Pluto Nash, Norbit and Haunted Mansion he didnt care about.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Kajiimagi

<Gold Donor>

Literally just finished watching 48 hours and thought the same thing. NN calls Eddie watermelon, spearchucker, and American Inventor. At one point someone calls somebody a faggot. Can you imagine today?

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
i honestly think he reached the biggest and funniest he would ever become with Coming to America and Raw and just said, yeah i can coast now. the exception being the first Nutty Professor movie and perhaps Shrek. why he got off his ass to be funny for those two movies and not the half dozen others around that time i have no idea. maybe those roles interested him and shit like Pluto Nash, Norbit and Haunted Mansion he didnt care about.

Yeah I just know its not normal to watch a bunch of your movies when you are barely through your career, unless you are hanging your hat up or a huge narcissist I guess. Most actors and comedians avoid that sort of thing, or have little to no interest in seeing their own work.

His wife was also a hot piece of ass, so he hit 2 peaks at once. Biggest movies, then biggest trophy wife.

The divorce hit in 2005. I don't know if that impacted anything, or helps you place in the timeline when he was funny and not funny.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
Yeah I just know its not normal to watch a bunch of your movies when you are barely through your career, unless you are hanging your hat up or a huge narcissist I guess. Most actors and comedians avoid that sort of thing, or have little to no interest in seeing their own work.

His wife was also a hot piece of ass, so he hit 2 peaks at once. Biggest movies, then biggest trophy wife.

The divorce hit in 2005. I don't know if that impacted anything, or helps you place in the timeline when he was funny and not funny.
didnt he get busted with a tranny hooker in the 90s? he said he was "giving her a ride" and claimed he had no idea it was actually a man. i dunno if he cared that much about his marriage, just that she was hot.
(Originally published by the Daily News on May 3, 1997. This story was written by Anne E. Kornblut.)

Superstar Eddie Murphy was stopped by cops after picking up a transsexual prostitute on a notorious West Hollywood strip early yesterday.

But his publicist, Paul Block, last night insisted Murphy simply was giving the weeping, weary-looking prostitute a ride home.

"She asked him for a ride, and Eddie did so, like he had helped people in the past," Block said. "Nothing happened at all, but Eddie said he will never do this again."

The married father of three — best known for his off-color comedy routines on "Saturday Night Live" and "Beverly Hills Cop" — was released without being charged with a crime, cops said.

But Murphy's passenger, a 20-year-old transsexual named Atisone Seiuli, was arrested on the spot after cops found he had an outstanding prostitution warrant.

Seiuli pleaded guilty to violating probation last night and was sentenced to 90 days at the Los Angeles County Men's Central Jail, according to Deputy Benta Nichol.

Murphy was not charged with a crime because "investigation revealed no illegal activity had occurred," sheriff's spokesman Lt. Mike Ford said.
The Murphy incident began about 4:45 a.m. yesterday, when he was spotted driving his wife's Land Cruiser along a well-known homeosexual prostitution area on Santa Monica Blvd., cops said.

According to Murphy's publicist, the actor simply was "restless."

"He got up and drove to his favorite newsstand," Block said.

On this way home, Block said, Murphy stopped at a red light and saw "a beautiful Hawaiian-looking woman approach his car."

The hooker — who police say actually is a transsexual — recognized the actor.

"'You're Eddie Murphy,' the person said to him, and Eddie replied, 'You shouldn't be out so late,'" the publicist said.
Seiuli asked for a ride home, and Murphy told him to get in. "He was concerned for her," Block said.

But two undercover officers got a different impression.

The cops, who had staked out in the "prostitution abatement zone," noticed as Murphy slowed down and Seiuli — whom they recognized as a "known transsexual prostitute" — slid into the passenger seat, the spokesman said.

The undercover cops followed the two for about 2 miles. They pulled them over at the corner of Van Ness and Rawley Aves, for questioning.

After identifying Seiuli as a prostitute, cops arrested him.

Murphy — who celebrates his 37th birthday today — was released.

Yesterday's incident was the latest in a string of troubles for the comedian.

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
Holy shit the 80's were just the best. Everyone just had so much fun and had ZERO self awareness. So much better than the constant gloom and cynicism that hangs over everything now.

Everything I used to hate about the 80s is everything I love about them now

• 4Solidarity
  • 3Like
Reactions: 6 users

Lenardo

Vyemm Raider
it is bad i OWN that album? (i blame columbia record club...you know the old 20 albums for 1 dollar just commit to buying 14 more over the next few years)