Big Picasso's thread or BPT for short.

Adebisi

Clump of Cells
<Silver Donator>
XRFAxmR.jpg

Picasso3

Silver Baronet of the Realm
You boys think it'd be ignorant to put 3k worth of countertop in a 100-120k house?

I hate laminate and it seems like its either that $50/sq ft+ stuff.

I'd like to get a matte black somethingorother. Would love to pour my own concrete countertop but no way i'm fucking with that on top of cabinets i just paid 5500 for.

Getting pretty good at putting in cabinets, i bet i fucked with the first one for 3 hours.

Still hate finishing drywall.

Hope everyone is well,

Picasso.

lurkingdirk

AssHat Taint
<Medals Crew>
First, why the hell did you not finish/paint the walls before putting in the cabinets? That makes life so much easier.

Second, I hope your plaster on the drywall seams gets wider and more feathered. More time and thin coats = success in drywall finishing.

Third, expensive cabinets with cheap looking countertops look cheap. All cabinets with great countertops look much better. Find something you like the look of, and go with it. It doesn't have to be hugely expensive, nor does it have to be stone. There are very good laminate possibilities.

Picasso3

haha i'm just fucking procrastinating on finishing it maaaaaaaaaaan. I hate it. All the joints on the walls i got the sheet edges right so i just filled in that indention and it's pretty damn close.

The ceiling however... i left the plaster in place and patched drywall where the cabinet soffit was. It's a pretty bad seam but a lot of it will be hidden by cabinets.

Picasso3

And that hole in the ceiling where the old light box was... gonna put a ceiling speaker in there -- working smarter not harder.

lurkingdirk

AssHat Taint
<Medals Crew>
Check out the blue tooth ceiling speaker options. Only have to supply power, don't have to run speaker wire, and some have fantastic sound.

Adebisi

Clump of Cells
<Silver Donator>
Bronius... Brad McQuaid is literally using crowdfunding for personal cash advances.