Binding of Isaac Rebirth (Nov 4th)

norp

Bronze Squire
Steam has it set to unlock at 10:00am PST, also if anyone plans to purchase it the sale price of $6.66 will also end at that time.

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
First Isaac run on a new file, first boss in monstro in a tiny shrunken room that has barely enough room for him to fit in. A+, can already tell it's gonna suck another 200 hours out of me.

LiquidDeath

Magnus Deadlift the Fucktiger
This DLC is brutal. Love it.

Cobalt and Dick are doing a 7-day stream again so get watching on Twitch.

OU Ariakas

Diet Dr. Pepper Enjoyer
<Silver Donator>
Cobalt just beat
Hush. Boss had a shitton of HP and crazy amounts of bullet hell

New ending was great.

norp

Bronze Squire
You can import your data, there should be an option for you on your save file select screen.

Also this is some pretty great DLC so far, really enjoying it. Funniest thing so far was getting Binky, Mini-mush and Liberty cap. I was smaller then a fly. Can't wait to see all the new stuff, should keep me busy for awhile.

Djevel Innenfor

Golden Squire
It was funny, I got the opposite. With those new pills my isaac was half the screen in size with skatole and quad splitting ipecac.

Njals

<Bronze Donator>
Managed to beat the new boss in regular runs as guppy with bouncing brimstone tears. The amount of flies that generates when the new boss spawns dozens of his mobs took him down from about 1/4 to nothing which says a lot as he probably has triple the amount of HP mega satan has. Unlocked probably a dozen new challenges after that with "I rule!" being my favorite so far. Greed mode is interesting and actually does a good job pushing you to be greedy and break the switch for your devil deals and more coins.

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
I have no idea what is even happening in this run

2D3976B1B499DA6AAF3816E5BCAAA32274C845D9

Njals

<Bronze Donator>
^ Ludovico technique with charm tears it looks like. Fun combo with brim and whatever that new protect me from myself item is; you can cheese it up if you snag a gnawed leaf on top of those as they all stick around in Mario 3 stone statue invisible mode.

Lilith is broken as hell on Greed mode. Got the meat cube and quicker charge item in the first floor and just spammed that double familiar item every wave and never left the room until it was a full clear. Odd thing is it made the full meat boy after the third use and then started doubling him. Bought every pet I could, managed to get double shot, deaths touch, mega tears, sad bombs and rubber cement. I think the game actually slowed down during the final boss fight; was hard to tell since the whole damn screen was covered in scythes the whole time. Really strange with the end though as the machine seems to tap out a little after 100 coins. Guessing there is something else to unlock to get it higher.

On another note the base game is part of the Steam Halloween sale. If you haven't picked it up yet it's well worth it. I found myself playing one or two rounds at least once or twice a week over the past year and it's just sort of relaxing; even when you have a shit run.

OU Ariakas

Diet Dr. Pepper Enjoyer
<Silver Donator>
When Rebirth was released game designer Edmund McMillan was disappointed that The Lost unlock was data mined before the community had a chance to figure out the elaborate in game clues. McMillan said that he had figured out a way to make sure that didn't happen again.

That thread details an ARG that started with a tiny patch that changed the icon for the Generous achievement that contained clues in a trail culminating in a few guys digging up a greed statue in Santa Clara. This was all tracked by the game devs and when certain real world activities were completed they released a new patch with the hidden character and his unlocks.

slippery

<Bronze Donator>
Does anyone have a good way to somewhat reliably figure out how to cap that? Otherwise it will take an eternity to get that shit to 1000 coins

Njals

<Bronze Donator>
I think the intended way is chain runs with a different character each time but people have been grinding it with that item that resets the room and fighting greed over and over with an item that generates coins like Midas touch. You can only put in two coins per greed kill that way though after about 3-4 kills.

Folanlron

Trakanon Raider
Used Blank Card + Diamonds(Money double card), had the Habit, 99 bombs, regeneration and 24 cents when I started got to 109(was the max) into the machine before the new patch came out that added in the new character.

No more Diamond card in Greed mode anymore(I haven't seen it sense the patch.)

Mutiple character grind time.