Bioshock 4? Advent Future

Droigan

Trakanon Raider
Possible new Bioshock setting game? Unlikely the developer uses one of the most iconic parts of a previous game series as a reference in a new IP. That and the whole "want to make a new and better world" combined with what appears to be a 1984 type of surveillance to keep order. Most likely Bioshock.

2K (@2K) | Twitter

http://adventfuture.org/

Our citizens no longer fear the diseases and disabilities that plagued past generations. A complex and cutting edge system ofDNA splicinghas led to cures ,not only for the viruses and infections that for millenia haunted us, but for mental illnesses as well. Come discover an Illness free world with us.

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
It will be interesting to see what this will be like without Ken Levine, and more importantly, all the Irrational Games folks that are off designing new games. Bioshock without them is like The Twilight Zone without Rod Serling. And the last time there was very little involvement was Bioshock 2 and that game was deplorable. Almost swore off 2k games when they butchered Mafia 2 for DLC...

Zaphid

Trakanon Raider
Dunno, I finally got around to playing Burial at Sea and while I applaud Ken Levine for having the balls to even go for these kind of stories, he doesn't make all that great games. You could say he's slowly turning into Molyneaux. B:I would be better served as an RPG/adventure, not a shooter that tries very hard to build a believable city before you drown it in blood. Bioshock 2 was better shooter than the first one, it's just that the story was obviously nailed on top.

Taloo_sl

shitlord
Dunno, I finally got around to playing Burial at Sea and while I applaud Ken Levine for having the balls to even go for these kind of stories, he doesn't make all that great games. You could say he's slowly turning into Molyneaux. B:I would be better served as an RPG/adventure, not a shooter that tries very hard to build a believable city before you drown it in blood. Bioshock 2 was better shooter than the first one, it's just that the story was obviously nailed on top.
Wasn't a fan of BAS. Played through it twice and the story just felt so weak. Like he had the idea for the ending/tie-in and they just half assed how you get there. I don't agree with you on B:I though. I still think it's about as perfect a game as I have ever played. The story, the atmosphere, and the game play all just "work" for me. There were things I would change about it but I can't even say for sure they would even make the game better "for me". Other than PS : T it's the only game I can say that about.

Aside from being stuck in a death loop v the ghost on 1999 after using your hand cannon ammo. That shit I would change. My fault for fucking around though.

Hatorade

A nice asshole.

Agraza

Registered Hutt
I've yet to be impressed by any Bioshock. A more open world would be much more interesting.

OU Ariakas

Diet Dr. Pepper Enjoyer
<Silver Donator>
Let's hope they return to a cohesive story line like the first one and stay away from B:I's mash up of half finished ideas melded together.

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
I loved 1 and 3. Hated 2 because there was nothing to wow me from a design/story perspective. I think I may be different from most though because I loved the music, atmosphere, and creepy vibes of 1 and 3, but also the touches to both games which just rocked in my eyes. Specifically with Infinite with the 80's flashback, the Beach Boys Barbershop Quartet, etc. In Bioshock 1, Cohen Sanders and how after you were done killing everyone for him and taking pictures, make a collage, and he walks down the stairs like he is accepting an academy award. The character development and hilarity was awesome.

Jait

Molten Core Raider
I loved Infinite and thought 1 was just okay. Let's not talk about 2.

It's a divisive series. Most people who played it, loved it for the stories. Whereas I was never a huge fan of Ayn Rand and thought the first game was preachy and dragged out. Gameplay had too much consolitius for my taste. But the atmosphere and the twist was what put it through the roof for me. But here we are probably close to a decade later and I have yet to replay it in full.

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
The first BioShock doesn't have much replay value. I replayed it just once prior to the second one. BioShock 2 was better gameplay with a far worse story. I think it made it worse overall, but I don't think it's shit like a lot of people here.

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Some edgy hipsters up in here
Fuck off with that. There are plenty of legitimate reasons to dislike Bioshock, and Jait summed it up pretty well for the first one. I didn't care much for Infinite gameplay either, but at least it was worth playing for the story, instead of being beaten over the head with Ayn Rand faggotry for 12 hours. 2 doesn't exist.

Anyway, the Deus Ex-ish, near-future dystopia Advent Future appears to be is my ideal setting for a game, but I'm holding off on any optimism about it until 2K says which studio is developing.

The Ancient_sl

shitlord
It's a pinnacle of the genre, up there with Half-Life and Half-Life 2. No game is flawless, but there are very few better let alone those that can compare. "Bioshock sucks" is some hipster how-cool-am-I shit to say.

i only like system shock bros you probably never heard of it

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
That's some retarded fanboi shit right there. Hurrr durrr, if you don't like what I like as much as I like it then you're a hipster1!!!!!!~

radditsu

Silver Knight of the Realm
Am i the only human being who liked 2? The second half of the first one was intentionally taunting of the player and its loss of agency.

2 was a human story from a dude in a robot suit.

Amzin

Lord Nagafen Raider
1 is a classic as far as storytelling, atmosphere, setting, etc. go, but the gameplay is such a serious weak link that I would rather recommend people watch a LP or read the wiki than actually tell them to play it at this point. Whereas HL2 plays just fine for an FPS, if you aren't expecting CoD-style FPS at least.