Bioware's "Anthem"

Xexx

Vyemm Raider
Im spoiled by exotics and "masterwork" just sounds like the same weapon with more shit on it, there is no unique anything that i have heard of yet. If there is no carrot then why do i care about whats attached to the stick? Im nearing the critical point of not even bothering to pay the $10 it will cost to buy a full copy.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Salshun

Lord Nagafen Raider
Im spoiled by exotics and "masterwork" just sounds like the same weapon with more shit on it, there is no unique anything that i have heard of yet. If there is no carrot then why do i care about whats attached to the stick? Im nearing the critical point of not even bothering to pay the $10 it will cost to buy a full copy.

There are Legendaries, with unique properties, but supposedly they're retardoballs rare. A dev said he played for months on an in house server before he saw one. The drop rate for these might be tweaked, but I doubt it will 180.

The game as a whole has a weird vibe to it. Granted, I've only played the demo, but to me the world is generic and lifeless, the loadouts are too simplistic, everything has a blah feeling to it, but when I'm fighting it's a fucking blast, I love every moment of it. I don't know if that's enough to keep me in it. If the release version can fill in the gaps, and provides the substance it lacks now, I'm all in.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

bytes

Molten Core Raider
If the release version can fill in the gaps, and provides the substance it lacks now, I'm all in.

You're in luck then, as I have it on good authority that there's actually a much improved dev build, which fixes all of these issues. It's coming very soon, so look forward to the full release of EA™ Bioware™s latest smash hit ANTHEM™.

• 3Worf
Reactions: 2 users

Xexx

Vyemm Raider
There are Legendaries, with unique properties, but supposedly they're retardoballs rare. A dev said he played for months on an in house server before he saw one. The drop rate for these might be tweaked, but I doubt it will 180.

The game as a whole has a weird vibe to it. Granted, I've only played the demo, but to me the world is generic and lifeless, the loadouts are too simplistic, everything has a blah feeling to it, but when I'm fighting it's a fucking blast, I love every moment of it. I don't know if that's enough to keep me in it. If the release version can fill in the gaps, and provides the substance it lacks now, I'm all in.

They need to show these somewhere, because so far from what ive seen nothing is unique you get a blue "Devastator" weapon and you will get that same weapon in every type of quality up to masterwork with just different rolls etc. However i need to see something that will define how i play my character much like how Destiny works and ive yet to see that. If i dont see something that will make me want to jump on my Javelin and chase it down then this game has no interest to me.

Salshun

Lord Nagafen Raider
You're in luck then, as I have it on good authority that there's actually a much improved dev build, which fixes all of these issues. It's coming very soon, so look forward to the full release of EA™ Bioware™s latest smash hit ANTHEM™.

I'm sure this sounded better in your head, but I'm not entirely sure what point you're trying to make.

• 1Like

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>

Hahahaha :)

Brahma

Obi-Bro Kenobi-X
Yeah...This one is a pass for me. Controls for flight suck. Guns are meh. Can't get that blur to go away. No respawn. Psychedelic effects. Yeah, I'll pass.

Last edited:
  • 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Tom Lightner

Molten Core Raider
Aside from all the typical Bioware/EA crap this game is and so far I am seeing it too which is annoying, the look and feel we have seen over and over (SWTOR maps and bosses). But does it get to anyone else that here it is the far out future, and we are wearing Ironman suits essentially that have worse or no AI? than JARVIS assisting them, the targeting system, optics/thermal/electromagnetic etc. these things WOULD be awesome vs what they are in the game which is very disappointing. Cant even hover for a few seconds without the dam thing overheating lol. Maybe I'm getting too old for this shit but this game just feels like 'same old shit #852' already....

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Yeah...This one is a pass for me. Controls for flight suck. Gun are meh. Can't get that blur to go away. No respawn. Psychedelic effects. Yeah, I'll pass.
I believe they've already made a reddit post addressing those issues, all will be "fixed" either on the 15th or 22nd...or so they say.

Been playing for a bit now, and I'll agree with the people who say there is a solid game to be found in this, at some point. The mobility, ability-combos and the loot are the stand out aspects of the game, which if improved upon could make the full game really fun. The game will probably be DoA due to not enough interesting / varied content once you hit max level, and especially if the gameworld is too small. I'd like to jump in at the start and rage at the mess, but I'll be waiting to see how the game is and what they plan to do in the short term / long term.

spronk

FPS noob
there is a kernel of a great game in here, the iron man style flying is AWESOME and if that was done in a Batman / Spider-Man style Rocksteady or Insomniac single player game it would be GOTY tier. It doesn't even have to be the obvious Ironman / Avengers stuff. Instead we get the shitty story writers from mass effect andromeda, presumably fired employees from bungie combined with leadership from FIFA/Madden and mobile games to create a monstrosity of a game that makes nobody happy.

The rumors I've heard this weekend as well are that

(1) EA is going to announce tomorrow (superbowl) and release monday a f2p titanfall battle royale game called Apex Legends, no titans just regular ground based 60 player, teams of 3 BR. Thats their "PVP gaas" game.
(2) Battlefield battle royale mode is cancelled, EA wants to focus on Anthem as the next big game push and not defocus with battlefield which has sold poorly and battlefield will instead focus on WW2 Russia (2019) and Asia (2020).

sucks for any suckers who bought battlefield 5

edit: if you are on PC you can get Origin Access for $1 for 1 month up until Feb 4th, that will get you 10 hours of Anthem starting Feb 15th. For $1 I'm gonna jump in. I think same deal on xbox. you have to sign up by feb 4th (monday) tho. make sure you turn OFF recurring sub tho
Origin

Last edited:
  • 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Utnayan

<Gold Donor>
Hey on a side note, I broke my arctic 7 cable to plug into my Xbox controller so I said fuck it and bought turtle beach 600’s. Now, I have to tell you I’m not a headphone audiophile or anything, but I bought that atmos headphone app for Xbox and watched a movie with atmos and wearing these things and holy fuck balls what a great sound!

Point: this game sucks donkey ass but it made me look for a cable that was broken and bought these 84 dollar headphones and a 14.99 app for atmos and these things sound fucking fantastic.

• 1Solidarity

Utnayan

<Gold Donor>
I was going to play kingdom hearts 3 and now I’m listening to this fucking leaf demo over and over again and I can’t fucking stop.

• 1Truth!

wat

Golden Knight of the Realm
(2) Battlefield battle royale mode is cancelled, EA wants to focus on Anthem as the next big game push and not defocus with battlefield which has sold poorly and battlefield will instead focus on WW2 Russia (2019) and Asia (2020).

I am really looking forward to BFV's battle royal mode but this would almost be worth it for the insane amount of backlash they would get from this. But it sounds like crazy talk. The amount of backlash would be astronomical. Big enough to ruin the IP and developer.

• 1Like

Derpa

Trakanon Raider
I don't understand the BFV move, I know a far amount of people personally ontop of seeing people talking BFV of wanting to play the BR in it.

Also they need to add the Americans to BFV soon, its one of the things I've seen demanded the most by people.

As for anthem its flight/swim controls are beyond annoying.

Hekotat

FoH nuclear response team
I don't understand the BFV move, I know a far amount of people personally ontop of seeing people talking BFV of wanting to play the BR in it.

Also they need to add the Americans to BFV soon, its one of the things I've seen demanded the most by people.

As for anthem its flight/swim controls are beyond annoying.

I got the flight controls down after tinkering with settings, but the swim stuff is fubared.

• 1Like