BIT.TRIP Runner 2

xzi

Mouthbreather
Anybody else buy this game yet? It was mostly a random purchase for me and so far was the most fun and challenging 15$ I've spent recently.

It starts off rather simple, even on the hard mode, but it gets really fucking intense a few levels in.. let alone there are multiple worlds that are harder than the last. I know some bit trip games aren't super amazing, but for this one I'm impressed. It has the same constant running that the other Runner game had and is still in a platform style. It has a pretty wonderful soundtrack as well.

Here's a gameplay of it.. I may upload my own per level soon, minus commentary because the music is a big part of the experience, but this video shows off some pretty complicated parts in the game.

Balroc

Molten Core Raider
i`ve been trying to buy this game on psn but the motherfuckers won't let me add funds to my psn wallet from paypal. i keep getting transactions unsuccessful yet it allowed me to transfer 10$ a few days ago.

Cadrid_sl

shitlord
I bought this game earlier in the week and it's a total blast! The controls are tight, the visuals are gorgeous (if a bit eccentric), the music is great and there's a plethora of challenge and replayability.

My only real gripe with the game would be that sometimes the backgrounds are a little too "busy" and distracting, causing me to miss an obstacle and die in an utterly stupid fashion. This is especially true of the last "World/Realm/whatever", where the cubic Beats almost seem camouflaged with the flashing lights and detailed backdrop. It'd be nice if there were an option to "fade-out" the background a bit, but it's not ahugeproblem to deal with.

All-in-all it's a hell of a deal for $15.00, and I'd definitely recommend it.

xzi

Mouthbreather
I really think they just continue to do it on purpose to piss everyone off with the backgrounds. It does look amazing though for sure, I don't mind it so much once I really get into it I manage to fade out the background most of the time haha.

I highly recommend anyone wanting to try this game to use a controller if you have one. Keyboard isokayat best, but you're probably not going to get super far using one.

Cadrid_sl

shitlord
I highly recommend anyone wanting to try this game to use a controller if you have one. Keyboard isokayat best, but you're probably not going to get super far using one.
I made my way through "Super Meat Boy" into Hell using just the keyboard; I was essentiallyforcedto drop $20 on a PC gamepad to really enjoy Runner 2. It's just that much more enjoyable with a gamepad.

xzi

Mouthbreather
I have two coupons on steam for 25% off until the 22nd of April if anybody else is interested.