Bitcoins/Litecoins/Virtual Currencies

Jackie Treehorn

<Gold Donor>
I just liquidated about $50,000 cash. I think I’m gonna roll the dice on Ethereum soon. Waiting a bit to see how it pans out this week off the high. Wish it was a touch cheaper so I could buy into 32 of them but those days are probably gone, and i don’t want to sell anything else.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Arden

Blackwing Lair Raider
I just liquidated about $50,000 cash. I think I’m gonna roll the dice on Ethereum soon. Waiting a bit to see how it pans out this week off the high. Wish it was a touch cheaper so I could buy into 32 of them but those days are probably gone, and i don’t want to sell anything else.

I'm waiting to buy back in myself. Wouldn't have sold what I had but I needed to switch trading platforms and I couldn't transfer my Eth directly (don't ask).

Eth seems to drop precipitously every night at 3a my time. I'm not sure it's going back under 2k anytime soon (but who knows), so I'm going to try wait until about $2030 or so to buy.

• 1Like

Jackie Treehorn

<Gold Donor>
I'm waiting to buy back in myself. Wouldn't have sold what I had but I needed to switch trading platforms and I couldn't transfer my Eth directly (don't ask).

Eth seems to drop precipitously every night at 3a my time. I'm not sure it's going back under 2k anytime soon (but who knows), so I'm going to try wait until about $2030 or so to buy.

Interesting, thanks for the tip. I’ll watch out for that. I was surprised it didn’t dip this morning at all. I had expected the post weekend folks to move back into stocks with some earnings but it looks like people are holding fast.

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>

I don't think Ethereum fluctuates enough to "buy dips" and so forth like the others. It's pretty steady, a good candidate for DCA. It might go below 2000 again briefly if there's a big sell-off from the ATH. I'm waiting for it to be 19XX before I put more into it, myself.

• 1Like

Armadon

<Bronze Donator>
I don't think Ethereum fluctuates enough to "buy dips" and so forth like the others. It's pretty steady, a good candidate for DCA. It might go below 2000 again briefly if there's a big sell-off from the ATH. I'm waiting for it to be 19XX before I put more into it, myself.
I'm big on mental numbers. I don't know if it goes below 2000 again. I'm mean I wouldn't be shocked or anything if it does though. Good to wait a week and find out but I figure it didn't dip below 2000 on the Sunday night sell offs like it usually does so it should stay. Maybe next mental number is 2500?

Arden

Blackwing Lair Raider
You and me both dude. Annoying as fuck tbh. I called it pages back.
I've got about 6k in Eth and I've been trying to free up more money from my stock positions to buy more Eth before it takes off to the next level. I need at least one good market week before I can do that though and the market has been absolute shit lately. Really frustrating.

I'm hoping that Eth stays where it is for a bit longer and the market improves, but I know exactly what's going to happen. The market IS going to improve, but Eth is going to go up and I'll be left wishing I would have just cashed out my stock positions for a loss and bought Eth while it was still low.
Eth was still in the $1600s when I posted this.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Arden

Blackwing Lair Raider
Just a few days ago, of course.

Yep, 3/29. If I really believe the stuff I've been saying- that ETH could very possibly be 100k by 2023- I should just put my money where my mouth is and buy at $2100. At that point, who gives a shit between a $2000 or $2100 entry? Of course you should always try and get the lowest possible buy in, not even because it saves you money now, but because all that fractional ETH I could have had if I bought at $2000 instead of $2100 would be worth a boatload at 100k (or even 20k).

That said, you can get fucked if you wait too long for a dip. If Tmac Tmac had waited for that dip he wanted a while back instead of jumping in, he'd still be waiting for it- because it never happened.

I think I'm good for another couple days of waiting for a $2050 dip, then I'm buying in regardless.

• 2Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users

Jackie Treehorn

<Gold Donor>
Yep, 3/29. If I really believe the stuff I've been saying- that ETH could very possibly be 100k by 2023- I should just put my money where my mouth is and buy at $2100. At that point, who gives a shit between a $2000 or $2100 entry? Of course you should always try and get the lowest possible buy in, not even because it saves you money now, but because all that fractional ETH I could have had if I bought at $2000 instead of $2100 would be worth a boatload at 100k (or even 20k).

That said, you can get fucked if you wait too long for a dip. If Tmac Tmac had waited for that dip he wanted a while back instead of jumping in, he'd still be waiting for it- because it never happened.

I think I'm good for another couple days of waiting for a $2050 dip, then I'm buying in regardless.

Yeah. I just have some money locked up from selling some stocks for a few days so I'm kinda dead in the water until it comes out of the settlement period. Hopefully it doesn't skyrocket to $3k or something by Friday.

What do you think of Polkadot, Cardano, and Vechain to throw a few thousand into for the future?

• 1Like

Threelions

Victory Through Harmony
<Gold Donor>
Yeah. I just have some money locked up from selling some stocks for a few days so I'm kinda dead in the water until it comes out of the settlement period. Hopefully it doesn't skyrocket to $3k or something by Friday.

What do you think of Polkadot, Cardano, and Vechain to throw a few thousand into for the future?
I'm pretty bullish on Cardano and Polkadot. I think Cardano can be had for 1.09ish on the odd day, I'm trying to buy-in myself around that price point to stake my ADA I currently own. I'd love to purchase Polkadot, but think it may be at the peak at the minute, need it to drop to buy into imho.

• 1Like

Haus

<Silver Donator>
I'm thinking the $2k mark for ETH is like the $60k mark for BTC. One of those magical "psychologically important" numbers, hard to cross and hold either way, but once you do it's a new floor/ceiling. I'm kinda surprised ETH didn't CME gap it's ass back down too, but there it is....

Arden

Blackwing Lair Raider

Personally, I like VET. I'm going to put 1k or so into it for reasons I mentioned earlier in the thread: it's a logistics-focused crypto and I think it's an attractive coin for big business. Logistics is a huge deal. VET doesn't have a sexy name and it's focused on a sector a lot of retailers ignore, but to me those are benefits. I think this helps it avoid some of the P&D stuff and a lot of the bullshit that can make a coin unstable. If you look at its rise over the last 6 months, it's been very steady- especially compared to something like ADA. Price predictions of any kind are always super dicey, but based on what I've researched I think it's fairly reasonable it could hit a dollar by the end of the year. If I get in now at ~.10, that's a 10X gain.

I've got nothing against DOT or ADA and I've heard good things about both (especially DOT), but personally I can't come up with a reason why I wouldn't just put the money I'd put into those coins into ETH instead. VET has a really specific niche that differentiates it from ETH, but (as far as I know) ADA and DOT just seem to be hedges for ETH. Nothing wrong with hedging, but I'm personally going to focus my resources on ETH (aside from a little bit of VET).

• 1Like

Jackie Treehorn

<Gold Donor>
Personally, I like VET. I'm going to put 1k or so into it for reasons I mentioned earlier in the thread: it's a logistics-focused crypto and I think it's an attractive coin for big business. Logistics is a huge deal. VET doesn't have a sexy name and it's focused on a sector a lot of retailers ignore, but to me those are benefits. I think this helps it avoid some of the P&D stuff and a lot of the bullshit that can make a coin unstable. If you look at its rise over the last 6 months, it's been very steady- especially compared to something like ADA. Price predictions of any kind are always super dicey, but based on what I've researched I think it's fairly reasonable it could hit a dollar by the end of the year. If I get in now at ~.10, that's a 10X gain.

I've got nothing against DOT or ADA and I've heard good things about both (especially DOT), but personally I can't come up with a reason why I wouldn't just put the money I'd put into those coins into ETH instead. VET has a really specific niche that differentiates it from ETH, but (as far as I know) ADA and DOT just seem to be hedges for ETH. Nothing wrong with hedging, but I'm personally going to focus my resources on ETH (aside from a little bit of VET).
Thanks, interesting stuff. Even a thousand dollar investment in some of these could pay off big in a few years. It seems like they’ve all got their unique place / niche.

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>

I'm pretty much with you on this. I'm really conscious of the fractional difference of the buy-in point. At this point I might well eat my words and just buy what I can regardless of a dip.

As far as VET goes, I definitely see potential for that to pay off hugely soon. Unfortunately Coinbase doesn't support it and I don't seem to have anything else that does. Any insight into platforms that support it?

Chances are it'll go up significantly if Coinbase adopts it.

Last edited:

Arden

Blackwing Lair Raider
I'm pretty much with you on this. I'm really conscious of the fractional difference of the buy-in point. At this point I might well eat my words and just buy what I can regardless of a dip.

As far as VET goes, I definitely see potential for that to pay off hugely soon. Unfortunately Coinbase doesn't support it and I don't seem to have anything else that does. Any insight into platforms that support it?

Chances are it'll go up significantly if Coinbase adopts it.

Ya, Binance supports VET. Don't know what state you are in though, so you may not be able to get Binance.