Bitcoins/Litecoins/Virtual Currencies

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
I just sold a 1965 Mustang project car for $7400 cash that wasn't doing anything worthwhile, guy drove 3 hours to come get it. This shit is going straight into crypto tomorrow, with more buying coming later this week.

I already bought $500 of VET today. All Eth? Some Cardano? Some Polkadot? Later this week if funds go through I'll invest an additional $30,000 in Ethereum, and possibly another $20k or so after that.

View attachment 346599

I'd avoid Polkadot, it seems to be at a high. Not too sure about Cardano either. I keep a minor amount in it in case it does jump, but I don't expect it to.

Probably just stick to Eth, maybe some more VET.

In other news, MANA is the lowest it's been in weeks right now, dropped to .91 tonight after hovering around .97 - 1.08 for a while. It recently hit an ATH of 1.19. I've made some money flipping this. May want to drop a chunk on it while it's so low. However, make your own judgment on this one, look at the trajectories it's been following etc. It's possible that the boom of excitement is over and it's going to slide now. I think it's more likely it'll leap back up in the next couple days, since it always does that. I'd feel better about staying in with this one if I still had my initial investment (bought in at .20) rather than my current one where I mostly bought in at .96. Got a lot more to lose now if it crashes. However I'm expecting a big bounce and a new ATH within a month.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Jackie Treehorn

<Gold Donor>
I'd avoid Polkadot, it seems to be at a high. Not too sure about Cardano either. I keep a minor amount in it in case it does jump, but I don't expect it to.

Probably just stick to Eth, maybe some more VET.

In other news, MANA is the lowest it's been in weeks right now, dropped to .91 tonight after hovering around .97 - 1.08 for a while. It recently hit an ATH of 1.19. I've made some money flipping this. May want to drop a chunk on it while it's so low. However, make your own judgment on this one, look at the trajectories it's been following etc. It's possible that the boom of excitement is over and it's going to slide now. I think it's more likely it'll leap back up in the next couple days, since it always does that. I'd feel better about staying in with this one if I still had my initial investment (bought in at .20) rather than my current one where I mostly bought in at .96. Got a lot more to lose now if it crashes. However I'm expecting a big bounce and a new ATH within a month.

Thanks for the info. Now to see if ETH actually stays down a bit for a day or two...

Tmac

Adventurer
<Gold Donor>
Myself, my dad, and a few investors are looking to purchase 750 acres next to my parents land. They're receiving/opening sealed bids this month, so we'll know pretty soon. The army core of engineers did a survey a decade ago and declared that spot the best place in our area to put a reservoir. Even more important is that our county is a drought risk area and has minimal local sources of water.

What does this have to do with crypto?

So, we want to be the ones that put a reservoir in. With the reservoir would be the opportunity to install a hydroelectric turbine(s). With the turbine(s) would come the opportunity to use the off-peak energy for something else. That something else could potentially be mining crypto.

Obviously this all hinges on several unknowns, like will we even get the property, but it's fun to think about.

• 4Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 4 users

Jackie Treehorn

<Gold Donor>
It begins!

Just bought 3 at $1990. Will get more later this week.

0C09FEEF-890D-4D1B-BA8E-479E0265FFB2.jpeg

• 2Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users

LachiusTZ

Rogue Deathwalker Box
<Silver Donator>
Myself, my dad, and a few investors are looking to purchase 750 acres next to my parents land. They're receiving/opening sealed bids this month, so we'll know pretty soon. The army core of engineers did a survey a decade ago and declared that spot the best place in our area to put a reservoir. Even more important is that our county is a drought risk area and has minimal local sources of water.

What does this have to do with crypto?

So, we want to be the ones that put a reservoir in. With the reservoir would be the opportunity to install a hydroelectric turbine(s). With the turbine(s) would come the opportunity to use the off-peak energy for something else. That something else could potentially be mining crypto.

Obviously this all hinges on several unknowns, like will we even get the property, but it's fun to think about.

My cousin built a lake, I think it was 50k, and easy because of the geography.

What's the expected cost to put in a fucking hydro plant? Lol

Tmac

Adventurer
<Gold Donor>
My cousin built a lake, I think it was 50k, and easy because of the geography.

What's the expected cost to put in a fucking hydro plant? Lol

The county originally estimated like $30mm for a 700 AC reservoir. We're only planning on like a 180 AC reservoir, so orders of magnitude cheaper at +/- $7mm.

I think the hydro could be anywhere from $5,000/kwh to $10,000/kwh and we probably wouldn't want anything smaller than a 100 kwh turbine.

• 1Like

Jackie Treehorn

<Gold Donor>
Oh man. I’m glad this is dipping just as I’m looking to buy in. Let’s see if it touches 1700-1800s again. Guess I should have waited on the $1990 ones but eh, doesn’t amount to that much over time.

Last edited:

Threelions

Victory Through Harmony
<Gold Donor>
Oh man. I’m glad this is dipping just as I’m looking to buy in. Let’s see if it touches 1700-1800s again. Guess I should have waited on the $1990 ones but eh, doesn’t amount to that much over time.
Have a feeling it won't reach 1700, but could hit low 1900's. Will definitely buy a few different coins in small purchases to average my holdings with this dipper.

Jackie Treehorn

<Gold Donor>
Have a feeling it won't reach 1700, but could hit low 1900's. Will definitely buy a few different coins in small purchases to average my holdings with this dipper.
Yeah, it looks like she’s holding steady in the $1900s. Which is a good thing, even if I’m trying to buy in.

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
Just bought into Ethereum with everything I had laying around, got around $1400 of it at $1970 or so. Feels good to finally have some Eth even if it's nowhere near as much as I'd like to have. BTC is going through a nice dip as well.

Mana isn't having the bounceback it usually does yet, and dipped even further over night. Still well into the green with it but I'm uncertain about it now. It's possible it was just a fad. I'm nowhere near as confident in it as I am in my Ethereum buys. Might sell and pool it into Eth. Course a week from now it might rocket back up, who knows!

I'd also like to dump ADA and pool that. We'll see I guess.

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
It appears that Peter Thiel is taking Mike Green's side of the argument...

This is going to be interesting.

Also explains the current dip in crypto

Not to derail into politics too much, but I was watching a documentary about college campuses and antifa blocking people from speaking and all of that idiotic nonsense, and Peter Thiel's name came up. Specifically they showed a protest at a college where he was going to speak, and activists were holding up signs saying Peter Thiel is not welcome and shit like that, probably some "white supremacist" signs too since they call everyone that, don't remember for sure exactly what they said.

Out of curiosity, any idea what that was all about, or what he did to offend The Mob?

Threelions

Victory Through Harmony
<Gold Donor>
Just bought into Ethereum with everything I had laying around, got around $1400 of it at $1970 or so. Feels good to finally have some Eth even if it's nowhere near as much as I'd like to have. BTC is going through a nice dip as well.

Mana isn't having the bounceback it usually does yet, and dipped even further over night. Still well into the green with it but I'm uncertain about it now. It's possible it was just a fad. I'm nowhere near as confident in it as I am in my Ethereum buys. Might sell and pool it into Eth. Course a week from now it might rocket back up, who knows!

I'd also like to dump ADA and pool that. We'll see I guess.
MANA is my pump and dump queen. I love her, she’ll be back at some point above $1.00.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Jackie Treehorn

<Gold Donor>
Not to derail into politics too much, but I was watching a documentary about college campuses and antifa blocking people from speaking and all of that idiotic nonsense, and Peter Thiel's name came up. Specifically they showed a protest at a college where he was going to speak, and activists were holding up signs saying Peter Thiel is not welcome and shit like that, probably some "white supremacist" signs too since they call everyone that, don't remember for sure exactly what they said.

Out of curiosity, any idea what that was all about, or what he did to offend The Mob?

No idea about those people, but I have a very wealthy friend in finance who hates him too. To the point I wouldn’t even tell him I ever invested in Palantir, ha. I haven’t much heard him explain why other than he infers he’s morally corrupt or doesn’t like his practices in some way.

Jackie Treehorn

<Gold Donor>
Also, ETH back to $2000, some dip that was.

My money just cleared my bank so I’m ready to push the button at any moment and buy more, but I’m gonna monitor it these coming few days and see if it doesn’t dip again any more significantly.

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
No idea about those people, but I have a very wealthy friend in finance who hates him too. To the point I wouldn’t even tell him I ever invested in Palantir, ha. I haven’t much heard him explain why other than he infers he’s morally corrupt or doesn’t like his practices in some way.

Palantir might be my most-despised stock. I've got $600 in it that's been hovering in the range of $450-500 for two months now. I can't wait for it to actually turn a profit so I can GTFO. I know it's a long-term stock that might turn out great in a couple years, but it grinds my gears to buy in on something and then have it immediately fall to a lower level and sit there for weeks/months.

Jackie Treehorn

<Gold Donor>
Palantir might be my most-despised stock. I've got $600 in it that's been hovering in the range of $450-500 for two months now. I can't wait for it to actually turn a profit so I can GTFO. I know it's a long-term stock that might turn out great in a couple years, but it grinds my gears to buy in on something and then have it immediately fall to a lower level and sit there for weeks/months.

I got in at like $18 and sold for $28 back in December or whenever it ran up a ton. Never bought it again after that, but yeah, it’ll definitely go places over time.

LachiusTZ

Rogue Deathwalker Box
<Silver Donator>

You gotta go it alone if you want that.

Sanrith Descartes Sanrith Descartes gave me shit about GE and X, and both turned very healthy profits.

And you don't lose money until you sell...

Lol

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
You gotta go it alone if you want that.

Sanrith Descartes Sanrith Descartes gave me shit about GE and X, and both turned very healthy profits.

And you don't lose money until you sell...

Lol

Yeah, I bought in at CCIV very late, at a point where a fair amount of people were saying I'd missed the boat on it, and ended up turning a 50% profit a week later.

"You don't lose money until you sell" is some sage wisdom for people new at this stuff. Even if it seems like you've lost money on something, it isn't actually gone until you sell. I "lost" 75% of my GME investment and sold because I wanted to be done with the whole thing. At that point, when you're already that far down, there's no real reason to sell. If I'd held onto that GME I eventually would have recouped 90% of the initial investment when it rebounded two months later or w/e.

There are other situations like Lordstown where it makes total sense to GTFO even though you're way down (lost almost 50% of my investment there) because you know it's headed to the floor. Or if something is only somewhat down and you want to get out, just in case, before it gets any worse. So I'm not saying that selling is bad, or anything like that. Just saying that when you're way way down already, might as well just leave it alone.

Flobee

Vyemm Raider
It appears that Peter Thiel is taking Mike Green's side of the argument...

This is going to be interesting.

Also explains the current dip in crypto
So if you actually listen to what Thiel says it sounds a lot more like "China is going to benefit from the rise of Bitcoin, it would be in the USA's best interest to deeply understand what is happening and get involved". This could mean further regulation or simply that the US Treasury needs to start stacking sats. A massive amount of BTC is held in the US so they're gunna get their piece. Need to get their head out of their asses and see what's coming first though.

• 1Like