Bitcoins/Litecoins/Virtual Currencies

Tmac

Adventurer
<Gold Donor>
To be fair, and i disagree with Maher 97% of the time, but he's not wrong.

Bitcoin and all the rest are worth $0.00. Absolutely nothing to back it as it has zero intrinsic value. I think the crypto market is fine for gamble plays, but as a serious investment, I'll stick to the sidelines. I will be happy for those who make bank off of it, but if the bubble pops, a fuck load of people are going to be standing around dumbfounded asking why their precious little math problem isn't worth shit and probably cause some 1930's level suicides.

Just my crazy 2 cents...

You said what you think but not why. Your why is more valuable and appreciated.

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
I still use this counter whenever someone contends that cryptocurrencies are "imaginary money based on nothing of value".

"Really? What is the dollar based on that gives it value? If it's the might of the United States then literally the global economy is an extortion racket being run by our government."
It *is* a global extortion racket and why any US citizen thinks this is a bad thing still boggles my fucking mind.

• 2Like
  • 1Edgelord
Reactions: 2 users

Pogi.G

Silver Baronet of the Realm
My orders are coming in 2 each a week. The wife asked me don’t we take crypto seriously. No problem fam, I got ya. Wait until it heats up this apartment in LA. I’m already working it up about telling her we need to rent a studio in Compton and just build racks.

View attachment 352158

View attachment 352160

Aren't the newer nvida cards seriously throttled for mining? I thought they were supposed to drop a mining specific card this year as replacements to free up their graphics cards for gamers.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Haus

<Silver Donator>
Aren't the newer nvida cards seriously throttled for mining? I thought they were supposed to drop a mining specific card this year as replacements to free up their graphics cards for gamers.

Some industrious people found a work around for that , you apparently just need to load a specific version of the drivers (or older) and not upgrade those.

• 1Like

Rais

Trakanon Raider
The ones they throttled are 3060s not the 3060ti. Even if eth goes to staking next year there are other coins to mine. Or just turn around and flip them for 1k profit afterwards. The cards are still going to be hard to get for another year due to the shortage and drought.

• 1Like

Borzak

Bronze Baron of the Realm
Some industrious people found a work around for that , you apparently just need to load a specific version of the drivers (or older) and not upgrade those.
Guessing those large miners with hundreds of multi card computers running round the clock with government subsidized electricity have a few Nvidia people on the payroll at times. It being hobbled via software is going to nothing.

LachiusTZ

Rogue Deathwalker Box
<Silver Donator>
Guessing those large miners with hundreds of multi card computers running round the clock with government subsidized electricity have a few Nvidia people on the payroll at times. It being hobbled via software is going to nothing.

Bingo.

It only fuck s over people like us

Rais

Trakanon Raider
I wish I knew all about mining back while on active duty. I would have sucked all the power that I could.

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
My orders are coming in 2 each a week. The wife asked me don’t we take crypto seriously. No problem fam, I got ya. Wait until it heats up this apartment in LA. I’m already working it up about telling her we need to rent a studio in Compton and just build racks.

View attachment 352158

View attachment 352160

This is kinda what I want to do, build a big mining-dedicated computer. Except I was gonna go with 3-4 video cards (whatever I can fit in one tower), not 14. Factoring in electricity cost, roughly how long will your setup take to pay for itself?

For my part I got kind of scared off of the idea when I heard NVIDIA was trying to slow down mining. It's still an idea, if I can make the numbers work.

I still use this counter whenever someone contends that cryptocurrencies are "imaginary money based on nothing of value".

"Really? What is the dollar based on that gives it value? If it's the might of the United States then literally the global economy is an extortion racket being run by our government."

I would like to see ETH hit $3k, and I give it a 50/50 of happening this weekend. I do believe it will happen before EIP-1559 hits.

On a more practical note, anybody had a lot of success with combining liquidity providing and then staking the liquidity tokens for farming? I'm trying it on QuickSwap right now and in theory I'm making around %70 APY on a 3k investment spread between MATIC-ETH and MATIC-QUICK pairs. Is it really that easy? Admittedly I'm at the whim of what the moderately volatile QUICK token does price-wise, but still....

It's kind of hilarious to me that after I moved my money from Ethereum to VET, Eth proceeded to moon while VET has stagnated. I feel like if I moved my money back, the reverse would happen. Not going to do that of course because of the current numbers.

I'd like to have Eth again but I also like holding onto VET, another reason I want to get a mining setup going and just mine the hell out of Eth. Unfortunately by the time I can really afford to do this (later in the year) Eth mining might be way less lucrative and/or on borrowed time.

Threelions

Victory Through Harmony
<Gold Donor>
This is kinda what I want to do, build a big mining-dedicated computer. Except I was gonna go with 3-4 video cards (whatever I can fit in one tower), not 14. Factoring in electricity cost, roughly how long will your setup take to pay for itself?

For my part I got kind of scared off of the idea when I heard NVIDIA was trying to slow down mining. It's still an idea, if I can make the numbers work.

It's kind of hilarious to me that after I moved my money from Ethereum to VET, Eth proceeded to moon while VET has stagnated. I feel like if I moved my money back, the reverse would happen. Not going to do that of course because of the current numbers.

I'd like to have Eth again but I also like holding onto VET, another reason I want to get a mining setup going and just mine the hell out of Eth. Unfortunately by the time I can really afford to do this (later in the year) Eth mining might be way less lucrative and/or on borrowed time.
Must diversify!

Rais

Trakanon Raider
The mining calculators out there let you factor in your energy costs. This is one for btc. Right now eth has a much better profit point. This was one of the easiest ones to do on my phone as an example. This is 8 3060ti vs 6 3090s. The other onis what2mine calculator for 6 3090 with the same electricity costs added. If you wait and get the cards for msrp you will have profit if you go out blow 3k vs 1800 on a 3090 the it takes much longer to hit the profits. From my research these cards have been going strong since release. If eth goes to staking you can still do btc and all the other coins.

D0069FFB-5E40-4C7E-A17A-A11FD9664A89.png

AEE9ACBD-8674-439F-9AB0-D4D042E24B8D.png

Last edited:

Threelions

Victory Through Harmony
<Gold Donor>
The mining calculators out there let you factor in your energy costs. This is one for btc. Right now eth has a much better profit point. This was one of the easiest ones to do on my phone as an example. This is 8 3060ti vs 6 3090s. The other onis what2mine calculator for 6 3090 with the same electricity costs added. If you wait and get the cards for msrp you will have profit if you go out blow 3k vs 1800 on a 3090 the it takes much longer to hit the profits. From my research these cards have been going strong since release. If eth goes to staking you can still do btc and all the other coins.

View attachment 352281

View attachment 352282
Where’s the selection for ETH mining on nicehash? Am I an idiot?

Rais

Trakanon Raider
Tbh I only use it to mine btc on my laptop since the 2060 doesn’t have enough video card ram to mine eth. I think it only does btc. I do all my mining right now on 2miner with 3080 and a 1080. I just saw greater profit and less video card heat doing eth vs btc. I’m not a pro at this yet and I’m sure I’ll fuck something up building my racks, but I’ll learn from it lol.
Here is an example for 23 days worth of mining right now. This includes about 3 days total off line. For the 3080 and 5 days for the 1080.

7791EAEA-2566-4984-A7B1-C7BE7A000244.png

Rais

Trakanon Raider
Right now I also live in California. Energy rates are so dumb here. It’s like 20 cents per kw and once you go over 2 limits it’s like 25 cents then 30. We are looking to move and I’m factoring in electric prices in where we are going. Wish I could just buy an Airbnb in Idaho with a separate mother in law section just to have my mining racks.

Attachments

• E0682AC9-2A39-4A41-8A84-DD07C3D4F80E.png
    E0682AC9-2A39-4A41-8A84-DD07C3D4F80E.png
    358.9 KB · Views: 4
  • 20E1AFC4-CB8E-452C-8929-85FE2A1A2D24.png
    20E1AFC4-CB8E-452C-8929-85FE2A1A2D24.png
    328.5 KB · Views: 3
  • 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Haus

<Silver Donator>
3K ETH baby. And we're just getting started.
I've had the ETH live chart on a side screen at my house this evening. It was funny watching it take HOURS to fight from 2997-2999.99. Then it pops $3k and immediately jumps to $3025 within a minute. All hail "psychologically important" numbers!

And just to reiterate it...
1620011926874.png

• 2Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 2 users

Haus

<Silver Donator>
OK. I have a question that hopefully someone here can enlighten me to...

I recently started using Zapper - Dashboard for DeFi , I like it because it lets me see the combination of both my ethereum mainnet, and MATIC mainnet wallets which are both in metamask (different networks) combined.

I take a look at my totals there, and what it sees as the MATIC side total and something seems off. I click on it and it shows me the coins I have in the MATIC wallet in Metamask.. I have a bag of MATIC (of course) and some other coins... One jumps out, it says that not only do I have MATIC. I also have WMATIC (wrapped matic). I don't recall ever doing a trade for WMATIC, and I had to go import the token into metamask to even see it there (it wasn't showing at all in metamask).

Any idea how that would have happened? Or have I just been so damn punchdrunk on this bull run I accidentally swapped for something wrapped?!? Could putting matic into an LP pair and then taking it out have resulted in wmatic?

Last edited: