Bitcoins/Litecoins/Virtual Currencies

Kharzette

Watcher of Overs
Today I had another go at replacing the PCB on the dead drive I have that might have a good chunk of doge on it. No luck, but the drive spins and bios sees it as a device with 0 storage and a blank serial number. So might be more things I can do.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Aaron

Goonsquad Officer
<Bronze Donator>
I think I'm the king of HOLD. I'll explain: During the early 2000 stock market bull market I invested about $1500 of my meager summer job income into stocks. I chose some local companies that had been around for forever and everyone expected to be around for forever. They payed a small but steady dividend. I was planning on keeping them til I bought a home in some 5-10 years. Starting in 2005 the stocks started rising unusually quickly. By late 2006 I had figured I was "earning" about a couple hundred a month in stock gains. They peaked around mid 2007 and started a rapid decline. I was not worried, however, as I had planned on holding them for years to come and fluctuations are in the nature of the market. By mid 2008 the price had dropped so low it was close to my buy-in price. I contemplated selling but decided not to. They would either hold their value or rebound in 5+ years time. Three months later they all went tits up in quick succession. So, yeah, if anything I'm too good at the hold game! 😂

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

Sanrith Descartes

Von Clippowicz
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
View attachment 352611

Fucking fuck. Someone market sold some huge pile (10M volume on 1 minute candles, normally 5-50k), dipping price by more than 40% It instantly pumped back up of course but it hit my stop and didn't fill until below my buyin price. 40% profit turned into 1% loss.

Don't use a stop loss is today's lesson I guess.
We have a name for this in the equities world. We call them stop-loss raids.

• 1Like

Jysin

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
We have a name for this in the equities world. We call them stop-loss raids.
This happened on PSTH yesterday. Huge full dollar spike down on instant volume, which blew out stop losses then the price recovered fairly quickly.

Why anyone would put stop losses on a spac like this is beyond me though. Some big firm was fishing out the paper hands for cheap shares.

(Yesterday - May 3rd)
psth.JPG

Sanrith Descartes

Von Clippowicz
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
This happened on PSTH yesterday. Huge full dollar spike down on instant volume, which blew out stop losses then the price recovered fairly quickly.

Why anyone would put stop losses on a spac like this is beyond me though. Some big firm was fishing out the paper hands for cheap shares.

(Yesterday - May 3rd)
View attachment 352633
Stop-losses are an valuable tool, but you have to look at the IV of the instrument plus the cost and liquidity. Stuff like SPACs and doggiecoin are highly susceptible and why these raids never happen on AMZN or AAPL. Its also why I tend to keep open limit orders to buy at insanely low prices on some of the volatile stuff just in case.

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity

Jysin

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Stop-losses are an valuable tool, but you have to look at the IV of the instrument plus the cost and liquidity. Stuff like SPACs and doggiecoin are highly susceptible and why these raids never happen on AMZN or AAPL. Its also why I tend to keep open limit orders to buy at insanely low prices on some of the volatile stuff just in case.
Amen.

For PSTH, I have GTC buy orders for 1k shares at $22.50, $22, and $21.50 each. Plus another GTC order for warrants at a silly price. Already been filled 1k shares on a $23.50 and $23 price points.

• 1Like

Pogi.G

Silver Baronet of the Realm
your first time in crypto and you're putting money into that thing that most people already sold.

I thought about hopping on at 13 cents but beyond that no way. how anyone with dogecoin could wake up and see it at 40 cents and not sell... lol.

Yup! Sold this morning at $.057 for a tad over 100% gain.

go fuck yourself middle finger GIF by IFC

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
I considered getting Doge at 40 since Elon is hosting SNL and Doge is getting FOMO'd. Now I wish I had, at least for the week.

Still think it's a joke currency though, and the way I've seen it get pushed in the media lately as the "hot new thing" has really given me pause. I wonder if Doge is a trojan horse for anti-crypto forces to hurt the rest of crypto. Hype up a Doge bubble that costs millions of people lots of their money, then use that crash to discourage crypto trading in general. We've already seen that they're trying to tie crypto to climate change by telling the average person that crypto-enthusiasts are killing the planet. How long until they tie it into Terrorism now that that word has suddenly made an inconspicuous comeback? "Know who uses crypto for things? Terrorists" will blare from people's TVs before the end of the year.

The good news is not that many people were getting their news from mainstream sources anymore, except Big Tech is shutting down alt tech and dissenting voices left and right, and every news-related Youtube video seems to autoplay to freaking Trevor Noah or John Oliver no matter what people were watching.

Los_Necros

Trakanon Raider
Yup! Sold this morning at $.057 for a tad over 100% gain.

go fuck yourself middle finger GIF by IFC
wow congrats on putting $ 200 into a hype coin and doubling your money... such a master.

The point remains that there are better investments when you missed the boat on one. eth went from 2200 to 3500 in 9 days. and it's not going going away.

you're in for a world of hurt if you're proud of that flip. you got out now because you know it's a joke and want to take any gain you can. I still think it might go to 1 dollar. but there are much better things you can throw 200 at and make thousands risking the exact same 200 dollars.

The upside of your 200 was... making another 200. better to throw it in a coin that didn't go 100x already and you either lose 200 or you win thousands.

• 1Picard
  • 1Seriously?

Armadon

<Bronze Donator>
I'm on board for doge now. I thought it was a joke and just bought some because it was funny a few months ago. Seems places are accepting it as currency now like some travel agency. Forgot who it was. Now I'm just going to hold doge for long term.

• 1Worf

LachiusTZ

Rogue Deathwalker Box
<Silver Donator>
Everyone else should invest in doge.

Keep the BTC and ETH demand as low as possible for as long as possible

• 2Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 2 users

Flobee

Vyemm Raider
This tweet encapsulate what I see happening right now pretty well. I think that this applies to more than just DOGE.

Institutions are buying BTC. I think in hindsight this will be pretty obvious with the available information but many seem to be missing it due to listening to shitcoin salesman all day on Youtube.

This asset class is DIRTY and they're going to use every trick in the book to steal your tendies to buy BTC for themselves. Some will trade the waves and make a ton of money, most will be bagholders for the garbage they got tricked into buying.

• 2Like

LachiusTZ

Rogue Deathwalker Box
<Silver Donator>
This tweet encapsulate what I see happening right now pretty well. I think that this applies to more than just DOGE.

Institutions are buying BTC. I think in hindsight this will be pretty obvious with the available information but many seem to be missing it due to listening to shitcoin salesman all day on Youtube.

This asset class is DIRTY and they're going to use every trick in the book to steal your tendies to buy BTC for themselves. Some will trade the waves and make a ton of money, most will be bagholders for the garbage they got tricked into buying.

Anything outside of ETH and BTC... I don't think are good ideas for anyone that lacks true technical expertise (5000+ hours of real experience)

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Like