Got something right about marriage
You got to know when to HODL em
Know when to DOGE em...

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Aaron

Goonsquad Officer
<Bronze Donator>
Theres a reason I dont trade crypto and it just seems wrong on so many levels, nothing should be that easy in life.

The current state of the market for equities is looking bleak. Its quite obvious everyone is in crypto right now that has a glow about it, while stonkz is a bipolar bitch that more often than not is red these days with our Fed employees muttering interest rate hikes once or twice a week. Anyone that can look up a chart can see if the stonkz go down, crypto is going down with it.

People have obviously become very loose with their money (massive stimulus combined with tax returns and a huge raise going on unemployment) have created a retail bubble that is rich and naive that is totally down for insanity and life changing gambling.

Will doge go beyond $1? Who knows...I just saw day after day stocks doing 170-230% while the entire tech sector burned.

I understand your sentiment. I was in that boat a long time, thought this whole crypto shit was dodgy as fuck and only something either nerds or criminals would be into and it would soon all collapse. But this past year I've come to the conclusion that it's one of the best ways to both invest short term but also to hedge against inflation long term. The only other real substitute is buying gold or silver, but there you have the problem of either buying "paper" gold/silver that is leveraged to the stratosphere (hence Robinhood trying to blow up the market in silver a month or two back), or buy physical bullion and hope it's not just gold plated titanium. Also, where are you going to keep it? Under your bed? Also, it's harder to trade gold/silver than crypto at the moment, and if the shit hits the fan, barring a full blown Internet RIP event or a Carrington/EMP event, then crypto will always be tradable instantly.

I also think that baring short term dips, the trajectory is up. The reason for this is twofold. First, as the meme that someone posted here goes, it's not really the value of the crypto that is going up, but the value of the dollar going down. Inflation is rearing it's ugly head and if anything happens to weaken the Petrodollar then it's Weimar 2.0 for the US$. The second is that with all the shit that is going down in the world, using crypto, especially BTC, to circumvent sanctions and shit will only increase. Just last week the EU parliament voted to cut Russia off from SWIFT if it even looked at the Ukraine in a bad way. Were that to happen, trade would not cease, but the Russians would instead buy BTC in rubles and sell in dollars and vice versa. Trade volume would go up and the price would go up.

You do have arguments against, and yes, it is a risk, but hell, just keeping your money in the bank is a risk now, not only from the bank going tits up in the next financial shock, but most bank accounts in the West now have zero, or next to zero interest rates along with inflation means you're losing money (or value) anyway. In a sound and civilised world we would not need crypto, but we are a long way from Kansas here in the Bat Flu 2021s.

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Los_Necros

Trakanon Raider

Went to do some searching after ETC started shooting up. Thoughts on ETC long-term? The articles give some compelling points.

• 2Like

Flobee

Vyemm Raider
Went to do some searching after ETC started shooting up. Thoughts on ETC long-term? The articles give some compelling points.
I own some ETC because I figured it would spike as ETH goes to PoS and miners looks to move their hashrate elsewhere. Been a good thesis so far.

However, ETC has been 51% attacked multiple times in the last year and has little to no development on the chain. If ETH 2.0 blows up in utter catastrophe it could potentially get huge but I wouldn't count on it. You can probably ride a pump wave but the fundamentals aren't awesome IMO.

Tmac

Adventurer
<Gold Donor>
I own some ETC because I figured it would spike as ETH goes to PoS and miners looks to move their hashrate elsewhere. Been a good thesis so far.

However, ETC has been 51% attacked multiple times in the last year and has little to no development on the chain. If ETH 2.0 blows up in utter catastrophe it could potentially get huge but I wouldn't count on it. You can probably ride a pump wave but the fundamentals aren't awesome IMO.

What about the articles point that a few coins will exist at the base layer and that ETC will be the only proof of work for contracts?

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>

lol thinking Ethereum will take 10 years to shoot past 7000? 6 months tops.

Flobee

Vyemm Raider
What about the articles point that a few coins will exist at the base layer and that ETC will be the only proof of work for contracts?
It's certainly possible. I bought a very small position when it was at like $5 for a reason. I have low conviction but the article does make some arguments I hadn't heard before. Not a subject I'm well read on TBH. My play was based solely on hedging against PoS.

Not Ethereum Mist Mist , ETC. You're awfully bullish on ETH, you should read up on its history

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
It's certainly possible. I bought a very small position when it was at like $5 for a reason. I have low conviction but the article does make some arguments I hadn't heard before. Not a subject I'm well read on TBH. My play was based solely on hedging against PoS.

Not Ethereum Mist Mist , ETC. You're awfully bullish on ETH, you should read up on its history
Woops I just can't read while on 3 conference calls at once.

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Like

Los_Necros

Trakanon Raider
lol thinking Ethereum will take 10 years to shoot past 7000? 6 months tops.

ETC, not Ethereum.

I thought the same thing when I read the headline too fast lol.

• 1Like

Caliane

Doge and most of the Altcoins are straight up gambling. If you THINK you have an inside line on what is going to pump. good luck. the only difference from gambling is that. you can technically do research, and the ups and downs are based on human reactions, not a raw roll of RNG die.

Crypto in general is riding a massive wave right now. Will it bubble? has it already? maybe. but, good luck telling bubble from mass acceptance/adoption.

• 1Solidarity

Caliane

READ IT AND WEEP, Ethereum is the greatest and Bitcoin is 2010s technology.

Truebit going to be a top 3 coin in 5 years.
ha.
This so much, some of these are pure scams lol. But people are still making mad cash, its Ponzi....no question with dedicated pump and dump shill groups.

The thing that is really interesting is people using multiple exchanges and transferring from one to the other, they use LTC, not BTC not ETH. BTC is way to expensive to move and ETH takes way longer. Its interesting to me that LTC seems to be the better coin for actual practical use for coin traders =p

To facilitate actual discussion, here are some fun questions.

1) So what coins do we think have a practical use and are not just trying to make a niche where a larger standardized coin would work just as well?

2) 20 30 100 years from now, what is the end game here.? Right now we have 1300 new "currencies" this does not help the world, this makes the world more complicated. IMO the end game (not in my lifetime) is one Crytpo to rule them all. Everything else dies. Fiat dies. That crypto can not be BTC as its supply will end one day, then what? As the population grows the currency supply must grown, but it needs a slow release mechanism (like we have now) to curb inflation.
one of the next ones too.

3 years later same discussion. Except now Litecoin also has been replaced. BTC and ETH not. XLM was around then. why was it not the go to for transfers then?
dotcom bubble does apply. None of the coins are 100% guaranteed to stick around.

someone is going to be a pets.com. someone else is going to be an amazon, chewy, etc.

• 1Like

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
Hopefully the house finally closes on the 24th then I'll need some place to stick that equity. Either another property or ride it all on ETH! $100k of Doge!

Could probably get a decent room comp'd in Tunica or Bossier playing enough Blackjack too....

Flobee

Vyemm Raider
Multiple big stories this week. Insurance company MetroMile will be both accepting payments and paying claims in Bitcoin.

I have to imagine BTC is going to absolutely rip soon. The price action isn't responding to these adoption announcement yet. Good luck with your DOGE gambles, I'm gunna hold the coin that is confirmably getting massive institutional adoption.

Last edited:
  • 1Like

Tmac

Adventurer
<Gold Donor>
Doge and most of the Altcoins are straight up gambling. If you THINK you have an inside line on what is going to pump. good luck. the only difference from gambling is that. you can technically do research, and the ups and downs are based on human reactions, not a raw roll of RNG die.

Crypto in general is riding a massive wave right now. Will it bubble? has it already? maybe. but, good luck telling bubble from mass acceptance/adoption.

Of course it will bubble.

It's the dot com boom all over again. The challenge will be hopping off the Yahoo! train and onto the Google train at the right time.

Los_Necros

Trakanon Raider

Seems to be the update that was being talked about to help with the hacking. Article from December.

Looks like the reward for mining ETC has surpassed ETH. Or was the last time I talked to my buddy. He said when ETC reached $ 75, it was even with ETH for his mining. And, ETC has gone up since then.

More miners moving to it could also boost it up?

It seems extremely high but also for how much of an increase it had, it really didn't dip as far as I expected. It's why I tried to figure out what was going on. It had a lot more resistance than I expected.

I was watching it live and tossed money into it for about 30 seconds during it's huge spike from like $ 1.10 to $ 144. I think I got in at $117 and was literally 20 seconds later it jumped above $ 130 and I sold it at $ 135 lol. It went to 144 briefly and dropped but it's been swinging 100-125 for awhile now.

Btw my #s are from Coinbase. Apparently Coinbase has a different price than everyone else for ETC.

• 2Like

Loser Araysar

Chief Russia Correspondent / Stock Pals CEO
<Gold Donor>
I havent been able to keep with crypto much, too much RL shit going on

I sold my eth @2400 thinking it was going to dip down to 2k and i would rebuy. Needless to say thats not happening. Any chance it comes down to low 3k or is 3.5k the new bottom?

I got $15k in cash sitting that i dont need to access for a few months. Should i just buy now or keep waiting hoping it dips to 3200-3300?

Last edited:

Rangoth

Blackwing Lair Raider
I posted a very similar little experiment with Nexo, same exact thing. I didn't put down as much as you but I actually got myself in a position where I could borrow at 5.9% and then earn 10% on the very thing I borrowed, creating an awesome little 4.1% "do nothing" gain.

Overall it seemed like I could make more trading in normal ways in other areas, but it 100% legit worked and I made 1.00$ before I stopped the test lol

I did recently move most of my "long" crypto investments to Nexo. Well find out if I am fucking retarded or not in 2-5 years(my planned hold unless things keep skyrocketing). But I am earning 5-6%, in like coin interest, on stuff I was going to just sit on anyway.

James

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I got $15k in cash sitting that i dont need to access for a few months. Should i just buy now or keep waiting hoping it dips to 3200-3300?

Ethereum going to be somewhere between $10,000 and $20,000 by the end of this year, and Truebit is the best long term play right now.