Bitcoins/Litecoins/Virtual Currencies

Chancellor Alkorin

Part-Time Sith
<Granularity Engineer>
Wow, that's one ridiculous argument, Gadrel. But, please, keep it going, because it gave me a laugh.

Falstaff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
my buddies didn't lie face down in the muck so you could enjoy your free german electricity on my dime, a_skeleton_03! fuck you!

Izo

Tranny Chaser
I will never be able to use $15k of electricity with these things. This kids is a complete moron.
Curious, did the army tell you to order said mining asic hardware? If not, why are you arguing you wont be able to be compensated for the lost amount by using free electricity with present gpu mining hardware? What's the connection, a_skeleton_03?

Electricity where I reside is 2.5158 dkk/kWh = (2.5158 / 5,41) $/kWh = 0.465 $/kWh. Running 6 x 6990's at a conservative 350W a card is 2100W total. A month has 24h x 30 days = 720h. Total cost = 2.1kW x 720h x 0.465$/kWh = $703 / month. That's a conservative low, power usage should be higher with ac/dc conversion, other components, whatnot. I'm no engineer though. $15,000/($700/month) would be at least 21.4 months to break even, not counting cost of rigs.

Price on LTC better go up, or you're fucked for a long, long time, a_skeleton_03. Unless you used 3 cheaply mined/bought BTC ofc. Or you cancelled the order, got refund and are playing victim
wink.png

a_skeleton_03

<Banned>
Curious, did the army tell you to order said mining asic hardware? If not, why are you arguing you wont be able to be compensated for the lost amount by using free electricity with present gpu mining hardware? What's the connection, a_skeleton_03?

Electricity where I reside is 2.5158 dkk/kWh = (2.5158 / 5,41) $/kWh = 0.465 $/kWh. Running 6 x 6990's at a conservative 350W a card is 2100W total. A month has 24h x 30 days = 720h. Total cost = 2.1kW x 720h x 0.465$/kWh = $703 / month. That's a conservative low, power usage should be higher with ac/dc conversion, other components, whatnot. I'm no engineer though. $15,000/($700/month) would be at least 21.4 months to break even, not counting cost of rigs.

Price on LTC better go up, or you're fucked for a long, long time, a_skeleton_03. Unless you used 3 cheaply mined/bought BTC ofc. Or you cancelled the order, got refund and are playing victim
wink.png
a.) We are talking about the BTC rigs I ordered, not the LTC.
b.) The LTC rigs are already paid for and more of a hobby and interest than anything else.
c.) You have no idea what the electricity costs are for me.
d.) You are always a disingenuous bastard that doesn't really care about anything you are just trying to post out some "gotcha", glad my posts get you to practice math though.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
c.) Aren't the electricity costs for you 0? What are the kWh costs where you live anyway?

a_skeleton_03

<Banned>
c.) Aren't the electricity costs for you 0? What are the kWh costs where you live anyway?
I pay the electricity up front and then the .gov reimburses me.

My current rate is $0.38 kWh at current exchange rate. They read the meter in November for me and they then take the entire last year's worth of electricity and average that and split it up into 12 payments. That is what you pay for the next year. You submit that paperwork to the .gov to reimburse you.

The INITIAL usage of electricity is 'free' which is the point of my previous statements. I eventually pay it out of my pocket and then the government pays me back. The end game is that it isn't free, it is part of my salary and I have a cap. I am so under my cap though for my rent and all my utilities though it is ridiculous. Other people here are living in 6 bedroom houses for 3 people just because that caps them out. Some people even have houses built for them. The way that works is they will divide the worth of your house by 10 and pay 10% of a year divided into 12 months as long as that doesn't go over your cap. Prices are low here compared to our cap so they will get shady contractors that will park a brand new car in the garage as part of the 'value' of the house.... super shady shit.

Dabbling in a hobby like LTC/BTC with my salary subsidized electricity is the furthest thing from fraud you can do.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
Yeah that sounds about right. This whole argument is asinine and Izo/Gadrel should be ashamed.

If a_skeleton_03 wants to get a cheaper apartment / use less HVAC and in exchange mines some bitcoins then who cares.

a_skeleton_03

<Banned>
Yeah that sounds about right. This whole argument is asinine and Izo/Gadrel should be ashamed.

If a_skeleton_03 wants to get a cheaper apartment / use less HVAC and in exchange mines some bitcoins then who cares.
Especially now when it's all end of life and the actual ROI is low or close to non existent.

What I am mainly counting on is Euro's wanting the hardware at a discount when I am done playing games with them. I also have a few guys at work interested in buying shares of the mining time which I am more than willing to do.

Izo

Tranny Chaser

Eh?I was the one asking him about whether he mined or not before he spilled the guts he was. I don't give a hoot if he uses company electricity or not. I was trying to ascertain if his gpu mining could make up for the asic order fraud, if indeed that's what it is - and make a snide comment, sure. Credulity much?

Izo

Tranny Chaser
a.) We are talking about the BTC rigs I ordered, not the LTC.
b.) The LTC rigs are already paid for and more of a hobby and interest than anything else.
c.) You have no idea what the electricity costs are for me.
d.) You are always a disingenuous bastard that doesn't really care about anything you are just trying to post out some "gotcha", glad my posts get you to practice math though.
Meh.
a) I know - read again, was clearly calculating if your asic loss to fraud (?) could be re-mined in a short time with your gpu farm given my local cost of electricity. It can't, given a flat rate price and hash difficulty.
b) Yeah, I thought so, not put in the calculation. Still adds up to TCO regardless. I try to convince myself it doesn't with my 7950's anyway
wink.png

c) I know. I made a calculation based on my location, we share a border - Denmark and Germany. Usually German economic index is 0.75-0.85 to us, same with wages for Germans, rule of thumb.
d) You're always playing the victim or God card. Difficult to not poke at you a little. I don't particularly think you deserve a $15K fraud, no. So far we have no evidence for or against, other than your word and pre-order / instant order bank statement - which is fine - but a default position of skepticism is usually the smarter position. Who knows, next you'll be running fund raisers, asking for x-boxes or Vicodin
wink.png

How's that for an apology and reply?

Izo

Tranny Chaser
Especially now when it's all end of life and the actual ROI is low or close to non existent.

What I am mainly counting on is Euro's wanting the hardware at a discount when I am done playing games with them. I also have a few guys at work interested in buying shares of the mining time which I am more than willing to do.
Curious: Why would you sell mining time, if it's pure profit?

Eidal

Molten Core Raider
LTC difficulty has gone up so high in the last week I went from making one coin every 24hrs to one coin about every 96hrs. Time for me to bow out of the race for now.
A lot of people did that (myself included) when they were worth sub $4 and were dropping lower. Difficulty was 500ish and rising every recompute and people were grumpy that their 2-3 7950s were only making 4 LTC a day. Obviously, had they stayed in to sell at this new price point those would have been $120 days. If you're not playing now, when the margins are even better regardless of the difficulty raise... I'm kinda wondering why you got involved in the first place?