Bitcoins/Litecoins/Virtual Currencies

James

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Nah, it's extremely interoperable with Ethereum since it's just an enterprise fork of it in the first place. This opens the door to tumblers, ring signatures...pretty much every crypto privacy tech you can think of.

James

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Reading this thread, seeing all these terms I don't understand, it finally clicked why James James hasn't posted in the PoE thread in quite a while.

I beat it back in Blight league, and then Bex called a Hong Kong dissident a racist because they were slightly critical of China in a totally unrelated subreddit once years ago so I quit.

y8t9jyb24lw31.jpg

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
I beat it back in Blight league, and then Bex called a Hong Kong dissident a racist because they were slightly critical of China in a totally unrelated subreddit once years ago so I quit.

y8t9jyb24lw31.jpg
You would love the Gauntlet events.

James

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I would love it more if Grinding Gear Games was not both financially and morally supporting the targeting and roundup of ethnic minorities into modern day concentration camps, I think. But yeah Gauntlet sounds cool I suppose.

• 2Like
  • 1Ice Burn
Reactions: 2 users

James

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
A digital-only currency system would ostensibly make buying shit like drugs and other illegal stuff a little more difficult.

Nah, before the big crackdown what you did was download Tails OS onto a USB, boot it up, connect to Alpha Bay/Silk Road/Some Other Darknet Market, search for LSD dealers in your country, and have it mailed to your front door by USPS or whatever I don't know.

James

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
It's a lot more complicated than that, Consensys is involved and has a lot of info out on CDBC architecture if you're curious as to how they're approaching it. $FEDBUX will absolutely be adopted by the public, while JPM Coin will most likely be just an industry thing.

Flobee

Vyemm Raider
Oh shit son. From the president himself. Not sure that I've seen a President on a podcast, much less a Bitcoin podcast

EDIT: Host is dressed like a homeless man lol. Perfect. Bukele absolutely understands Bitcoin, he's gambling on it being the future and taking the rewards for leading the pack.

El Salvador is not known for innovating, but why not this time?... We're not independent, but this will allow us to be less dependent on the output of new USD, when a country prints more dollars(...) the country that uses that currency but can't print has to absorb that cost(inflation) as each dollar is worth less... As a country in that position having Bitcoin as a legal tender is a no-brainer.
-On risks to taking on Bitcoin- "What could be the risks? Yea, we could make some people mad at us (World bank, WEF, etc) but they haven't been so good to us anyway... 70% of our people don't even have bank accounts. Its not like we're doing good in the old system, so why not try a new system? To me it looks bullet-proof. Not only for us, but for humanity. We're the smallest country on the continent, if we can be the forefront of an economic revolution, why not try that?

Last edited:
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Arden

Blackwing Lair Raider
Isn't this an outline for something that's more of a bank transfer/check clearing system than an actual currency?

From what I can tell:

JPM "Liink" is the payment infrastructure/payment settlement system that "links" banks to the same network
JPM "Onxy" is what JPM's proprietary blockchain is called
JPM "Coin" is JPM's proprietary crypto currency. Worth noting, it's a stablecoin, pegged to the USD

I also found out after digging a little that this isn't exactly news. This info has been out several months... Not sure why Zero Hedge is suddenly crowing about it.

Either way, it seems very, very bullish for blockchain/crypto in general. This is what adoption looks like.

• 1Truth!

Tmac

Adventurer
<Gold Donor>
From what I can tell:

JPM "Liink" is the payment infrastructure/payment settlement system that "links" banks to the same network
JPM "Onxy" is what JPM's proprietary blockchain is called
JPM "Coin" is JPM's proprietary crypto currency. Worth noting, it's a stablecoin, pegged to the USD

I also found out after digging a little that this isn't exactly news. This info has been out several months... Not sure why Zero Hedge is suddenly crowing about it.

Either way, it seems very, very bullish for blockchain/crypto in general. This is what adoption looks like.

LINK or Liink?

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
I would love it more if Grinding Gear Games was not both financially and morally supporting the targeting and roundup of ethnic minorities into modern day concentration camps, I think. But yeah Gauntlet sounds cool I suppose.

Friend of mine who I got into the NBA years ago just asked me minutes ago if I was watching the playoffs. I said "LeBron doxxed a cop, I don't watch the NBA anymore"

Standing on principle and dropping things we used to like has been getting easier and easier.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Arden

Blackwing Lair Raider
Oh shit son. From the president himself. Not sure that I've seen a President on a podcast, much less a Bitcoin podcast

EDIT: Host is dressed like a homeless man lol. Perfect. Bukele absolutely understands Bitcoin, he's gambling on it being the future and taking the rewards for leading the pack.

Not shitting on good news for crypto- because I believe it is good news- but it's just El Salvador.

The mayor of Miami likes crypto too, and Miami has ten times the GDP of El Salvador...

• 1Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 1 users

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
My next big VET buy went through at 7.8 cents. Wish I'd caught it at that 6 cent drop, but it's been bouncing off resistance ever since and trending upward. I was aiming for 8 cents and didn't even think that'd happen. I'm pretty happy with this number overall.

• 1Like

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
I swear I made a post a month or so about these events where they vanish with billions, and someone assured me they wouldn't happen anymore.

• 1Like