Bitcoins/Litecoins/Virtual Currencies

Daezuel

Potato del Grande
Another benefit of trading ETHE is you don't have to report any crypto bullshit on your taxes. I'm too deep in this shit for that to matter but there is that.

Arden

Blackwing Lair Raider
Another benefit of trading ETHE is you don't have to report any crypto bullshit on your taxes. I'm too deep in this shit for that to matter but there is that.

Yeah, I can see why someone would want to avoid crossing that line in the first place, but I personally crossed it a long time ago, so that wouldn't matter to me.

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
Not saying you don't get good swings on ETHE, especially in situations like you mention. But I've got ETH and ETHE next to each other on my watch list and ETH swings more, percentage wise.

For example, ETH often bottoms out (or sometimes tops out) in the middle of the night in the US, thanks to the Asian market. But by the time US markets open it's already moved several percentage points back towards the middle. Because of this ETHE never dips quite as low or rises quite as high as ETH.
ETH swings more but ETHE overcorrects more based on the price of an underlying asset that you already know the price of. You're playing with known information. The price of ETH influences ETHE, but the price of ETHE does not influence ETH.

Tmac

Adventurer
<Gold Donor>
I’m really curious to see what happens tax season when consumer traders have to sell their crypto/stonks to pay taxes.

I may actually just put money in savings until April and have a couple full positions ready to go.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Arden

Blackwing Lair Raider
You can always extend it to June/July but afaik it’s April. I think they only deferred it last year.

You can file for extensions any year, but late March is when the normal market usually gets the selloff dip.

Ravishing

Uninspiring Title
<Bronze Donator>

I don't know all the spicy details of the case tbh. I thought this was simply to protect him from being sued for the cut of the coins that he "claims" to have, but until the real Satoshi moves some coins from that BTC account, then it's all BS.

Arden

Blackwing Lair Raider
I don't know all the spicy details of the case tbh. I thought this was simply to protect him from being sued for the cut of the coins that he "claims" to have, but until the real Satoshi moves some coins from that BTC account, then it's all BS.

Yeah, apparently Wright indicated that once he "won this case" he would move coins and donate the majority of them to charity. Well, he won the case, so we'll see. Would be really interesting if he was Satoshi. I'm not sure if that would be good or bad for BTC price (and crypto as a whole).

Oblio

Utah
<Gold Donor>
I hold a relatively small amount of ETH and BTC. Is there a super cheap up and comer worth watching/throwing $500-$1,000 at?

Oblio

Utah
<Gold Donor>
Buy the dip.
This?

1638997222748.png

• 1Worf
  • 1Like
  • 1To the Moon!
Reactions: 2 users

Oblio

Utah
<Gold Donor>
That is how I feel Daezuel Daezuel

I dropped a few thousand dollars a couple year back and have left it alone/never even looked at it since. Just wondering if I should grab something new.

Arden

Blackwing Lair Raider
ETH not really in a dip, but you might want to buy it anyway. There are less "safe" coins that you could buy that might give you a better return though- which is what I am assuming you are asking.

Oblio

Utah
<Gold Donor>
ETH not really in a dip, but you might want to buy it anyway. There are less "safe" coins that you could buy that might give you a better return though- which is what I am assuming you are asking.
Yes, sort of. I am looking to make a 1 time purchase of something new (to me). This is what I did in mid 2018 with ~$1,500 in ETH & in mid 2017 with~$1,000 in BTC.

Arden

Blackwing Lair Raider
First question you'll want to answer is are you looking to buy:

1. A very risky low-cap shit coin in the hope that you choose the right one for a future pump group so you can turn 1k into 1,000,000 practically overnight. You would be doing this with the understanding that if the coin doesn't pump it would have no other value and you'd sell with at least a small to moderate loss.

OR

2. A strong use-case coin that will take longer to mature but has a significantly higher likelihood of success.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Volto!

Lord Nagafen Raider
Matic may be a decent choice. It would fall into the second group mentioned above.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users