Bitcoins/Litecoins/Virtual Currencies

Tmac

Adventurer
<Gold Donor>
Citation needed.

Articles I find say they're hiring 5,000 this season and 5,000 next. That would bring the staffing level to 10,000 less than in 2010. They're paying $25k, which is sure to get some top-tier talent auditing you.

View attachment 405780

I saw a lot of articles floating around while Trump was still President, which I thought was weird bc you'd think he'd try and prevent a huge hiring sprint in the IRS, but (since I'm lazy) I couldn't find much from back then, but here's very low effort front page of Google results:

Captain Suave

Caesar si viveret, ad remum dareris.
I saw a lot of articles floating around while Trump was still President, which I thought was weird bc you'd think he'd try and prevent a huge hiring sprint in the IRS, but (since I'm lazy) I couldn't find much from back then, but here's very low effort front page of Google results:

That was attached to the infrastructure bill, which will never pass Congress. As of right now it looks like 10k is the actual figure.

Last edited:

Tmac

Adventurer
<Gold Donor>
That was attached to the infrastructure bill, which will never pass Congress. As of right now it looks like 10k is the actual figure.

Well that's comforting x 50,000. It is weird though, I was quoting stuff I was reading when Trump was still President which seems to have poofed.

Haus

<Silver Donator>
Crossposting from Politics.. as it should be here. A digital currency built to provide the same anonymity as cash... being sponsored by the government?

• 1Clown World
Reactions: 1 user

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
Crossposting from Politics.. as it should be here. A digital currency built to provide the same anonymity as cash... being sponsored by the government?

It's not that weird.

Remember that the US government made TOR.

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>

The bill that passed 5 months ago?

lol please keep up.

Tmac

Adventurer
<Gold Donor>

Captain Suave

Caesar si viveret, ad remum dareris.

The bill that passed 5 months ago?

lol please keep up.
I retract my previous statement and double down.
Sorry, my mistake referencing the infrastructure bill. I misread something and didn't think about it.

But regardless, the IRS is only hiring 5,000 agents this and next year (never mind that they're having trouble filling those positions). The plan for 87,000 positions or whatever would take a decade to fill and will certainly not be realized during Biden's tenure.

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
I'm not the only one saying that the IRS is getting "weaponized". It's all over the place:

There's a concerted effort to increase its reach and influence. How much of that will actually succeed, I don't know, as the people running things don't exactly seem competent.

Tmac

Adventurer
<Gold Donor>
I'm not the only one saying that the IRS is getting "weaponized". It's all over the place:

There's a concerted effort to increase its reach and influence. How much of that will actually succeed, I don't know, as the people running things don't exactly seem competent.

There's a couple of things the government is competent at:
  1. Death
  2. Taxes

• 1Worf

Flobee

Vyemm Raider
Hearing some rumors surrounding Bitcoin, Jack Mallers (Strike), and Apple. Things seem to be pointing to an upcoming announcement from Apple (Bitcoin Conference?) about adoption of Bitcoin on some level. Not a ton of evidence, but some breadcrumbs are out there. Take it for what you will.

Woz is a Bitcoin (not crypto) bull

The dairy industry tried for 20 years to convince you that milk was good for you. It’s a lie, but they tried anyway. And the sales were falling. And then they tried “Got milk” and the sales went up. “Got milk” wasn’t even talking about the product. In fact, it focuses on the absence of the product. - Steve Jobs

I read this as Apple pay integrating Lightning Network transactions via Strike. Impossible to know, but speculation is fun

1648675922128.png

Adding more as it comes up. Remember, Bitcoin/Lightning as payment rails disrupts the entire legacy financial system
1648738685062.png

Last edited:

Flobee

Vyemm Raider
Get your coins off of exchanges! EU just essentially made holding your own keys untenable if you're using a normal KYC exchange.

1648761056723.png

1648761088543.png

• 1Mother of God

Flobee

Vyemm Raider
Vitalik writes a defense for Bitcoin maximalism. I didn't agree with everything he said, but he did make a strong argument for it. I find it amusing that he's making this honest defense of Bitcoin against his own creation as an April Fools joke... it must have been rather cathartic for him.

Maximalism is not just Bitcoin-for-the-sake-of-Bitcoin; rather, it's a very genuine realization that most other cryptoassets are scams, and a culture of intolerance is unavoidable and necessary to protect newbies and make sure at least one corner of that space continues to be a corner worth living in.

EDIT: Worth noting Vitalik himself invented the term Bitcoin maximalist and "Toxic" maximalist

Last edited:

Flobee

Vyemm Raider
For better or worse, Bitcoin network is getting the ability to transfer 'digital assets' (think stablecoins) via the Lightning Network. A lot of altcoins are going to be losing their usecase

Arden

Blackwing Lair Raider
Hope you guys stocked up on Doge for the pending announcement re: Doge/Musk/Twitter

JK

• 1Mother of God

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
That's just fucking retarded.

Yes, I'd like the world to know I just bought $25,000 worth of DooDoo Coin.
But you absolutely do want the world to know you made $100k in tendies off of DooDoo Coin.