Bitcoins/Litecoins/Virtual Currencies

Big Phoenix

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
Why do these crypto people all look like fucking aliens or weird mutoid freaks?

1655567522490.png

1655567578769.png

1655567686133.png

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 2 users

reavor

I'm With HER ♀
<Bronze Donator>
I always wanted to go back in time and buy bitcoin at 1$ and shib at 0.0000000001. Now I will get the chance to

• 5Worf
  • 2Like
Reactions: 6 users

Arden

Blackwing Lair Raider
VB is the only one in that trio that looks remotely remarkable and he's always looked like Tom Brady on meth

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
I gotta say this price point is way below even my most pessimistic expectations.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Arden

Blackwing Lair Raider
If the stock market keeps dropping, crypto will keep dropping. I'm personally beginning to view after hours crypto action as an indicator of what the stock market is going do when it opens. The last several significant crypto drops have presaged corresponding drops in the stock market. Doesn't mean it's a trend that will always hold, but it's been pretty consistent recently.

Sanrith Descartes

Veteran of a thousand threadban wars
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
We got an 18k handle again. At this rate McDonald's will never have a labor shortage again.

• 1Worf

MrSpitz

Molten Core Raider
Crypto has proven itself to be… not currently useful as a mechanism of transaction. It is very traceable when used as a single agent (ie btc alone, eth alone, a single wallet basically), it’s cumbersome to use, and it takes a tremendous amount of energy. Energy is now a premium product, and looks to be for a while.

Wether it drops, rises, etc - right now it is a practically useless “currency” taking resources from society which failed to shine in any aspect of its use case thus far. There are number of unsustainable projects with ridiculous interest rates, some of which are crashing coinciding with this weekend likely. People have made a ton of money so the FOMO will take a while to drive out.

The biggest and best use case for crypto is money laundering through a number of alt coins shuffled back and forth to BTC and then exchanged through tether, and NFTs. Money laundering is the backbone of how crypto survives and becomes difficult to trace by using a number of wallets which just get burned after. The average person using crypto is more traceable than buying something with cash at Walmart.

• 1WTF

Sanrith Descartes

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Crypto has proven itself to be… not currently useful as a mechanism of transaction. It is very traceable when used as a single agent (ie btc alone, eth alone, a single wallet basically), it’s cumbersome to use, and it takes a tremendous amount of energy. Energy is now a premium product, and looks to be for a while.

Wether it drops, rises, etc - right now it is a practically useless “currency” taking resources from society which failed to shine in any aspect of its use case thus far. There are number of unsustainable projects with ridiculous interest rates, some of which are crashing coinciding with this weekend likely. People have made a ton of money so the FOMO will take a while to drive out.

The biggest and best use case for crypto is money laundering through a number of alt coins shuffled back and forth to BTC and then exchanged through tether, and NFTs. Money laundering is the backbone of how crypto survives and becomes difficult to trace by using a number of wallets which just get burned after. The average person using crypto is more traceable than buying something with cash at Walmart.
Monero had been the go to for laundering. I don't know if that's still the case.

MrHolland420

KRA! KRA!
<Silver Donator>
A lot of people in crypto made a LOT of money in 2020, and I'm sure this is partially a reaction to that. Also, I'm sure the IRS realizes like most of us that crypto isn't going anywhere, and eventually it's going to be headed back up in value.
The IRS will only target registered Republicans, so Democrats y'all don't have to worry about being audited. Kra!

• 1Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Arden

Blackwing Lair Raider
17,800 and still sinking. At this point I'm expecting a goddamn stock market crash on Tuesday.

• 1Solidarity

Onoes

Trakanon Raider
I keep shaking my head and laughing, like 8 weeks ago I create a Coinbase account and drop $48k ($42k bitcoin, 4k eth, and a couple 1k drops on randoms I see you guys talking about like Matic). Market starts tanking a couple days later, and am now at less than half that. We'll see in a couple years wether I've lost it all or made out, but fuck if every day I'm not wishing I would have waited 2 months to start investing. Had 0 interest in any of this for 42 years of my life, get interested, spent a couple months talking about it, watching it, feeling good, finally walk through that door and immediately get kicked in the nuts.

0 thoughts of selling, ride or die, but fuck me. 😂

• 3Solidarity
  • 2Like
Reactions: 4 users

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
I'd be really pissed off at myself right now if I hadn't made a bunch of money swing trading last year. I'm down <15k in ETHE right now and it's probably going to go close to zero if not zero.

Arden

Blackwing Lair Raider
I keep shaking my head and laughing, like 8 weeks ago I create a Coinbase account and drop $48k ($42k bitcoin, 4k eth, and a couple 1k drops on randoms I see you guys talking about like Matic). Market starts tanking a couple days later, and am now at less than half that. We'll see in a couple years wether I've lost it all or made out, but fuck if every day I'm not wishing I would have waited 2 months to start investing. Had 0 interest in any of this for 42 years of my life, get interested, spent a couple months talking about it, watching it, feeling good, finally walk through that door and immediately get kicked in the nuts.

Lots of ride or die people in this space, some of which have been holding for many years through crashes worse than this. That's one reason neither Bitcoin or ethereum are going to go to zero. And both will eventually be back up

Sanrith Descartes

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>

I believe the official term is HODL.

• 5Like
Reactions: 4 users