Bitcoins/Litecoins/Virtual Currencies

Ameraves

New title pending...
<Bronze Donator>
Everything is down quite a bit right now. Looks like BCH is down almost 25%for the day

Siliconemelons

Pussied out, pulled my pittance of money out... what was doubled a week ago...now I got 30$ haha but out before loss (after fees)

My brother is looking into mining now that I got some rigs (thanks, again bro)

So I think I'll just look into that aspect of it.

TomServo

<Bronze Donator>
Bittrex, without any warning, turned off withdrawals on accounts that did not submit KYC then demanded photocopies of drivers licenses and photos of clients to allow them to get their money out. This is extremely shady if not outright theft because many people are unwilling to do this. They effectively stole some of my money by doing this. Some Russian hacker was able to get access to their KYC photos as well, as they apparently have poor security.

Poloniex was always a good experience for me, but they stopped serving my state and they started demanding KYC for new accounts, so old accounts are probably next. I was using them with a VPN for awhile but it's too risky so I exited.

Seeing a lot of traders moving to Binance, probably because of KYC. American exchanges are probably best avoided if possible. Never leave your money on exchanges for long.

thank you

Khane

Got something right about marriage
Seems like this is to be expected during the holidays. Lots of people taking time off and vacationing and crypto, especially BTC, doesn't seem like the type of investment many people are going to set and forget. I'd imagine a fair amount of people pulled their money out while they'd be away, and/or to cash out so they could buy gifts.

Kaige

ReRefugee
<WoW Guild Officer>
Yeah, that and other factors like introducing futures and Bcash probably didn't help either.

Ravishing

Uninspiring Title
<Bronze Donator>
Yea Im pretty sure it's a holiday slump.

Good time to buy if it settles. Almost sub-10K

Kaige

ReRefugee
<WoW Guild Officer>
Pretty good lulz on some of the altcoin reddits of people trashing each other's favorites.

That and the market swings are making for a fun morning.

5a3d18be898a3436940741.gif

Ravishing

Uninspiring Title
<Bronze Donator>
It will go up now, I sold so- that's how it always works :) enjoy my bad luck- ride the wave!!!

Don't get into crypto... or even stocks, if you're going to be emotional during the drops.

Bitcoin was depressed over the Thanksgiving holiday too and soon as the work week started it shot up to 20k.

Plan to hold for a year+, ignore it's there.

Nester

Vyemm Raider
Anyone messing with Ripple XRP

I dumped my btc into XRP recently. My theory is there is some good hype around it, a coinbase rumour and IMO it seems more likely to double or hit multiples as 0.75 coin vs a $800/$15,000 coin

This is not investing advice as i do not invest in these coins, i gamble with them.

gshurik

Tranny Chaser
<Gold Donor>
lol at the recent adopters freaking out right now.

This shit is inevitable, it happens every quarter. Same thing happens with stock prices, and people always start getting super upset when it dips a tiny bit.

I'd be more worried about Litecoin than Bitcoin right now.

I'll buying more bitcoin if it dips below $9k which it probably won't.

Ravishing

Uninspiring Title
<Bronze Donator>
Im confused with how Ripple could even be sold and/or be treated like crypto.

Correct me if Im wrong but...
It's not able to be mined and is controlled by a single entity. It created all the coins upfront and then as transactions occur they are deleted?
And more coins can be put into the system at any time...

Seems like it's the same as paper-currency, except in a digital form, and buying it would be similar to buying any other nation's currency.

Khane

Got something right about marriage
It also doesn't use Blockchain but rather Ripple's payment platform which they are building for and selling to financial institutions with what seems like a main focus on accounting more than anything else. XRP is like some bastardized form of crypto that has none of the benefits of a true crypto and all of the downsides of needing its userbase to drive its value.

But throwing a small amount of money at it in the off chance it quadruples in value isn't really a bad bet. I definitely wouldn't invest big in it though.

The fact they are removing the currency over time is basically them admitting this shit is a scam and they need to artificially inflate its value by removing supply over time.

Last edited:

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Pussied out, pulled my pittance of money out... what was doubled a week ago...now I got 30$ haha but out before loss (after fees)

My brother is looking into mining now that I got some rigs (thanks, again bro)

So I think I'll just look into that aspect of it.
If you had such a small investment why would you pull out at the first downturn???